PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson donates bikes to Haiti relief effort

Bob
10th February 2010, 01:23
Harley-Davidson is to donate 28 Buell and Harley-Davidson motorcycles to assist with disaster relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

The motorcycles – which will remain in Haiti as a permanent donation - are being shipped from Motor Company facilities to the Dominican Republic to the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti.

"Our thoughts are with all of those affected by this devastating disaster in Haiti,” said Rod Copes, Sr. Vice President of International Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Harley-Davidson. “As the relief and stabilization efforts continue, motorcycles can often offer a higher degree of manoeuvrability and access than other types of vehicles.”

JimO
10th February 2010, 06:00
trail bikes would have been more practicle

Genie
10th February 2010, 06:25
Kinda thought theyds be after food, shelter and clothing, nice gesture but is it that practical. The 'top beaucrats' will have some nice bikes to ride.

Omega1
10th February 2010, 06:47
Give it six months and then pop over and grab one, they'll be parked up rotting somewhere

Big Col
10th February 2010, 07:13
No food no house no water to drink etc. Look at my new motorbike. WTF

Miscreant
10th February 2010, 07:38
As if the poor bastards don't have enough problems.

Okey Dokey
10th February 2010, 07:51
Man, you guys are cynical. At least they are doing something to try and help. Not just criticising from the sidelines! I guess if they made trail bikes they would have donated them; I wonder how many KTM is sending.

HenryDorsetCase
10th February 2010, 09:50
Man, you guys are cynical. At least they are doing something to try and help. Not just criticising from the sidelines! I guess if they made trail bikes they would have donated them; I wonder how many KTM is sending.

well KTM is from Austria, so they're more likely to send a Panzer division and a couple of battalions of SS. Lebensraum and all that.

Elysium
11th February 2010, 04:01

Yeah good public relations ad advertising I think. Kinda like all those "stars" who went over to "help" with camara crews in tow but in reality they were just in the way when they should have instead sat at home and just donate their money instead.

Harley should have just donated money and KTM donate some trail bikes I think.

Grubber
11th February 2010, 07:59
Might be better with a couple of good 4x4 i would have thought.....oh ok yea..Harley....same thing isn't it...my bad!

Brownbikerbabe
11th February 2010, 12:17
Wouldn't monetary funds have been better from a large company like that?

Bounce001
11th February 2010, 12:40
They could always use them as they are supposed to be used - as anchors

Elysium
11th February 2010, 14:10
They could always use them as they are supposed to be used - as anchors

Or tractors.

Jinxycat
22nd February 2010, 10:13
they go past my house and i think...........shit i left the air compressor on.................

Big Dave
25th February 2010, 10:04
Harleys are good police bikes.
They are robust, reliable and relatively easy to keep in service.
I'm sure they would be welcome.
The Buells also come/came with a XB12P service-ready kit.

Bikemad
25th February 2010, 19:21
Harley-Davidson is to donate 28 Buell and Harley-Davidson motorcycles to assist with disaster relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

“As the relief and stabilization efforts continue, motorcycles can often offer a higher degree of manoeuvrability and access than other types of vehicles.”

well yes..........motorcycles for sure.....................but harleys.............bwahahahahahahahah.......

Big Dave
25th February 2010, 20:32
Why is it so funny?

They have vehicles that are well suited to various civic applications - or can be easily converted.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/2010_Motorcycles_SpecialEdition/policeFire_family.jsp?locale=en_US&seFamily=pl

scumdog
25th February 2010, 20:35
Waiting....