PDA

View Full Version : Paeroa BOTS 21st Feb

Hanne
15th February 2010, 14:42
It's that time of year again!
Dig out the earplugs, pack up the tent and make your way down to Paeroa for the famous Battle of The Streets (http://www.battleofthestreets.co.nz/) street racing series.

Practice starts 8.15am
First Race 11.30am

Adults: (16 years and over) $25 incl. free programme
Young Persons: (10 to 15 years) $10
Children: (under 10 years) free

Pay at the gate - Eftpos will be available at
some gates this year

Which SMCers will be travelling down to join in the action this year?
Who will be riding, and who shotguns the front seat of Andrew's startlet?
Let the rumpus begin....

Gwinch
15th February 2010, 14:47
I shall be present! Riding unless a better offer comes up or no-one else ends up riding themselves. Got a spare seat on the back of the VTR should anyone need a ride.

R6_kid
15th February 2010, 14:47
I might be able to offer up one spare seat in a car to the right person :-)

Danae
15th February 2010, 15:57
Shotgun :shifty:

Squiggles
15th February 2010, 16:11
Shotgun :shifty:

Nah sif, its mine

Ixion
15th February 2010, 16:12
Car? Car? Who takes a CAR to motorbike races ?

motorbyclist
15th February 2010, 16:18

if it helps this car has an engine smaller than a few bikes...... and is easier to park also

PirateJafa
15th February 2010, 16:42
We'll be riding down from Mangitangi. Have fun in the traffic, oh and finding a park. ;)

Ixion
15th February 2010, 17:01
if it helps this car has an engine smaller than a few bikes...... and is easier to park also

How many wheels ?

Hanne
15th February 2010, 17:02

Don't forget its glowing lane-splitting record... :sunny:

R6_kid
15th February 2010, 17:05

People who have a hard days work to be done at the races and can't be arsed riding along boring straight roads that are going to be over policed by officers targeting motorcycles.

I'll take air-con, a decent stereo and the ability to eat and drink while travelling, over riding along straight roads.

PirateJafa
15th February 2010, 17:18
You mean the Hunuas have disappeared overnight without anyone bar you noticing?

Oh shit.

george formby
15th February 2010, 17:22
People who have a hard days work to be done at the races and can't be arsed riding along boring straight roads that are going to be over policed by officers targeting motorcycles.

I'll take air-con, a decent stereo and the ability to eat and drink while travelling, over riding along straight roads.

You present a strong case. I will also end up sweating my nuts off & carrying all my gear around after riding down from Paihia which will play havoc with my piles. No doubt the agony wiil set in just after Auks as boredom intensifies the sore botty probs. Will be a lovely ride until we reach the Super City though.

george formby
15th February 2010, 17:24
You present a strong case. I will also end up sweating my nuts off & carrying all my gear around after riding down from Paihia which will play havoc with my piles. No doubt the agony wiil set in just after Auks as boredom intensifies the sore botty probs. Will be a lovely ride until we reach the Super City though.

I know, get some pills..

Ixion
15th February 2010, 17:25

At least three or four gear stores there, $5 (I think) check your gear in, collect it when you go. Works for me.

Always wondered why all the cars were there. S' OK, y' gotta do what y' gotta do, I always have trouble understanding why anyone goes anywhere in a car if they don't have to.

I'll be wobbling down , if I can get a bike to start . And I don't get too lost. Should get there eventually, it's a small island.

EDit. Stopping. Stopping might be good too. Last time I looked the SV rear brake had gone away somewhere. Maybe it's come back. Anyway brakes are overrated. Wonder if I can find a bike that'll start AND stop.

Ixion
15th February 2010, 17:29
I'm thinking maybe 22, cross at Rangi, Ohiniwai, the Ho, Tahuna and into Paeroa through the arse end. Should be pretty safe, don't see many cops on those roads.

george formby
15th February 2010, 17:30
At least three or four gear stores there, $5 (I think) check your gear in, collect it when you go. Works for me.

Always wondered why all the cars were there. S' OK, y' gotta do what y' gotta do, I always have trouble understanding why anyone goes anywhere in a car if they don't have to.

I'll be wobbling down , if I can get a bike to start . And I don't get too lost. Should get there eventually, it's a small island.

Thanks for that. Been waiting to get down for years & have finally been co-erced into spending the money & taking the time. I'm just getting old & soft.

george formby
15th February 2010, 17:30

Thanks for that. Been waiting to get down for years & have finally been co-erced into spending the money & taking the time. I'm just getting old & soft.

Squiggles
15th February 2010, 20:26
You mean the Hunuas have disappeared overnight without anyone bar you noticing?

Oh shit.

Your argument is boring.

Camping overnight again sounds good

Danae
15th February 2010, 21:32
Right, lol. Andrew has little choice in the matter and is being cruelly kidnapped to have a delicious birthday dinner on friday with his fam fam. I am being taken against my will also. His brother is sitting his restricted test in the starlet, my dad's slightly less fuel efficient sentra may be the vehicle of choice.

PirateJafa
15th February 2010, 21:33
Your argument is boring.

Well of course you'd find it boring. It involves that unfamiliar "riding" concept.

motorbyclist
15th February 2010, 21:44

and I'd rather get mild sunburn than sweating in my gear all day.... although using gear lockers would solve that problem....

but it wouldn't be a road trip without 4-5 people in a car with the air-con on full speculating as to what started the traffic - hopefully there wont be roadworks this time

motorbyclist
15th February 2010, 21:50
When I went up the bombays earlier today, southbound, at the merge ending the slow vehicle lane the lefthand lane turns to shit and they put cones in between lanes to stop lane swapping as the right lane is fine.

I'd recommend those on sportier and/or fragile machines move to the right hand lane before the slow vehicle lane ends.

SMC Safety Officer FTW

PirateJafa
15th February 2010, 21:57
When I went up the bombays earlier today, southbound, at the merge ending the slow vehicle lane the lefthand lane turns to shit and they put cones in between lanes to stop lane swapping as the right lane is fine.

I'd recommend those on sportier and/or fragile machines move to the right hand lane before the slow vehicle lane ends.

SMC Safety Officer For The Nana

Have ye been infected with the ol' political correctness bug already? Admittedly, the Ninja is only one step away from being a cruiser, but no slowing down was required when I went over there today. About the same condition as your average NZ back road - just a bit too bumpy to be stunting over, which, needless to say, will be no end of disappointment to Duncan.

Squiggles
15th February 2010, 22:32
Right, lol. Andrew has little choice in the matter and is being cruelly kidnapped to have a delicious birthday dinner on friday with his fam fam. I am being taken against my will also. His brother is sitting his restricted test in the starlet, my dad's slightly less fuel efficient sentra may be the vehicle of choice.

Good good, i too find myself busy this friday... Cant miss the chance to be a dictator.

motorbyclist
15th February 2010, 23:16
. About the same condition as your average NZ back road .

yeah but that's not what we expect on SH1, now is it? (tui)

it may have looked worse from my seat in the ute, and following at a distance does give you warning for the potholes, but at the very least you're going to get stuck behind the traffic that slows for it.

And it's loose... and rough... and we might get our bikes dirty!

Danae
16th February 2010, 10:49
but it wouldn't be a road trip without 4-5 people in a car with the air-con on full

If we're using my dad's car that'll be the case as it can only be on full XD

zzzbang
16th February 2010, 23:04
sigh.. bunch of softies... sore bottoms and sweaty gear haha

BAD DAD
18th February 2010, 22:37
Anyone riding down on L Plates ? What about smaller bikes like 250cc or less. My young fella is thinking of attempting it on a 150, that probably means quite a slow trip for me if I stick with him.

Ixion
18th February 2010, 23:09
Anyone riding down on L Plates ? What about smaller bikes like 250cc or less. My young fella is thinking of attempting it on a 150, that probably means quite a slow trip for me if I stick with him.

Go for it. Even on a 150 it's only three hours. And it's not about how fast you can get there. He'll, there's even people going in CARS.

Mom
19th February 2010, 08:07

We are riding down from Warkworth if you want some company on your trip down. Not sure what time we are leaving though, will check with Maha and let you know.

Sometimes you are lucky enough to find a race pit in which to dump your stuff too.

Danae
19th February 2010, 11:19

Motorbyclist and I rode to wellington once. I was on a 150, he was on a 100. :)

Ixion
19th February 2010, 11:34
Motorbyclist and I rode to wellington once. I was on a 150, he was on a 100. :)

Note that she does not say "and back" .

R6_kid
19th February 2010, 11:39
I'm likely to be driving down on Sunday morning if anyone wants a lift. If there are no takers I'll be riding.

Danae
19th February 2010, 16:59
Note that she does not say "and back" .

:shifty: The 150 made it back...haha

Slyer
19th February 2010, 19:10
The suzuki made it but the honda didn't. Something went wrong.

motorbyclist
19th February 2010, 22:21
I'm likely to be driving down on Sunday morning if anyone wants a lift. If there are no takers I'll be riding.

I'm getting cold feet about this year's BOTS so there might be a few passengers looking for a new car....

Slyer
20th February 2010, 00:02
I believe I speak for all of us when I say ANDREW YOU FUCKING PUSSY

Squiggles
20th February 2010, 08:30
Got to be kidding me...

motorbyclist
20th February 2010, 08:31
Well I could go and watch some bikes do a controlled sport commute around paeroa for the 3rd year in a row, or go thrash the dirtbike. Dirtbike already comes out as cheaper :bleh:

motorbyclist
20th February 2010, 08:32
Got to be kidding me...

well someone had to change plans at the last minute :bleh:

Danae
20th February 2010, 08:33
Wait, BOTS costs money?

Squiggles
20th February 2010, 09:36
Wait, BOTS costs money?

Entry fees if they're wrist-banding people... Good to see Sport Commuting has progressed to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxVlJj-cCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2emAaBm00

Dirt biking is an anyday event, Paeroa's once a year :bleh:

Slyer
20th February 2010, 13:38
What a woman.

Squiggles
21st February 2010, 17:50
Orsm. Have to bring moar shade next time

Phurrball
23rd February 2010, 17:25
Orsm. Have to bring moar shade next time