PDA

View Full Version : Uni SMC O-week 2010

broken
1st March 2010, 09:29
Woo first post!

Hey guys, im sitting here at city campus after having a look round all of the club stalls and free shit, and the ONE club i am looking for is the only one i have not come across yet!
Im keen to get to know you guys and what your riding!

Where is the the Uni SMC stall this O'week? Is there going to be one? How do i get in touch?

TIA fellas,
Adam

PirateJafa
1st March 2010, 09:34
Throw me a text on 021 XXX XXXX, and I'll give ya the hard sale on the club.

I think the stand is going up some time this week, but don't quote me thar. The committee seems to be quite slack. Again. ;)

Danae
1st March 2010, 09:37
I believe everyone was gonna put up the stand in week 2 so as to not battle with the other clubs

Danae
1st March 2010, 09:39
Lolz, the first two posts in this thread are by people not attending Auckland uni this semester

PirateJafa
1st March 2010, 09:40
The logic was, I believe, that once all the other clubs were gone, and nobody any longer had an incentive to wander the quad looking for clubs to sign up to, that it would be the opportune moment for us to set up our stand.

Danae
1st March 2010, 09:42
We are a very selective club...only the persistent and brave can last!

Ixion
1st March 2010, 09:45
The true version being , that they intended to set it up a week before O week started. But that ol' SMC time dilation thing kicked in - should be up around the end of the month. Somewhere. There's also the SMC navigational uncertainty principle to consider.

Somewhere, sometime, there will be a stand. Probably. Unless beer intervenes.

Inceidentally, they had O week last year. Should not this year be P week ?

PirateJafa
1st March 2010, 09:54
Inceidentally, they had O week last year. Should not this year be P week ?

The SMC has enough trouble with the cops ALREADY, thank you very much...

motorbyclist
1st March 2010, 09:55
There's also the SMC navigational uncertainty principle to consider.

:clap: very true

the official word is that the stand is up next week either on symonds st opposite the engineering entrance down a bit from the crossing (by the stairs), or up by the big white random thingy in the quad courtyard place above CP36....

so get yer dollar ready!

Real_Wolf
1st March 2010, 15:39
No doubt it will go up sometime around the second semester.

Squiggles
2nd March 2010, 12:36
Working on it... will need people to man the stand for most of the day tho

Danae
2nd March 2010, 12:56
I have NOTHING to do.

Ender EnZed
2nd March 2010, 13:04
Slightly off topic, but is there any Uni SMC in existance at Otago?

Danae
2nd March 2010, 13:09
Such things are myths and legends, but we all hope that they are true. Then we can have inter-Uni SMC battles.

PirateJafa
2nd March 2010, 13:18
A crusade must be launched at once, to cleanse the Holy Southern Biking Lands of these infidels.

Ixion
2nd March 2010, 13:32
Wait, what? There ARE no other SMcCs ? is it not ? So how can the Southern lands be cleansed when there are no infidels to be cleansed.

It will be necessary to send down devout believers from the North, who can then apostatise. Then they will be infidels and be cleansed.

And there are technical difficulties. Those Royal Enfields (http://motors-bay.com/img/Royalenfield/re003.jpg) aren't so common now.

metalhead
2nd March 2010, 18:09
i can help out with the stand at some point if required

Cayman911
6th March 2010, 17:56
yep, i had a search for a stand, no such thing existed. definitely a very selective club. *cough* cult*cough* .

Rayray401
6th March 2010, 21:25
yep, i had a search for a stand, no such thing existed. definitely a very selective club. *cough* cult*cough* .

what ceremonial practices do we need to do in order to be part of it?

Ixion
7th March 2010, 11:00
SMC exists in it's own time space continuum which has only a nebulous connection with the continuum commonly called "reality"

Thus, although SMC members are always in the right place at the right time , disjunction between the two universes means that sometimes the right time right place is a different right time right place.

A further complication is there is some evidence that each individual SMC member has his or her own time space continuum different (sometimes) from all others. Certaly Squiggles universe is a very strange one where normal people probably do not want to go.

The stand was there. It was just a different there.

It may seem complicated but you will find that it becomes wonderfully simple once you have drunk enough beer.

Squiggles
7th March 2010, 11:28
Exactly, that said i believe smc time will match with "real world" time this wednesday :shit:

Real_Wolf
7th March 2010, 19:54
Exactly, that said i believe smc time will match with "real world" time this wednesday :shit:

Man, us at the SMC are so organised

Squiggles
7th March 2010, 20:08
Man, us at the SMC are so organised

Yep, and we're a critical bunch given our apathetic nature.

Slyer
7th March 2010, 22:44
A lot of us aren't that apathetic, Squiggles just brings the whole team down.

Squiggles
8th March 2010, 08:27
A lot of us aren't that apathetic, Squiggles just brings the whole team down.

*sharpens backhand*

Slyer
8th March 2010, 08:28
Bitch you know your place. Stay there.

broken
8th March 2010, 12:11
lol. Thanks guys

I'll be ready with my dollar on wednesday then, if my continuum matches with SMC and reality....

Cayman911
8th March 2010, 17:44
will probably end like "...oh......wednesday......riiiiight the one that just passed?" i guess $1 isnt that motivating...

Slyer
8th March 2010, 22:17
If you want to pay $20 to join WE'LL come to YOU

jono035
10th March 2010, 18:56
the big white random thingy in the quad courtyard place above CP36....

You mean the spooning samosas?

Cayman911
10th March 2010, 19:09
If you want to pay $20 to join WE'LL come to YOU

For the extra money, do you perform, ops i should say offer more services? :innocent:

Danae
11th March 2010, 08:21
You mean the spooning samosas?

Oh, that's what they are! I guess you could also call them spooning fortune cookies.

jono035
11th March 2010, 10:11
Oh, that's what they are! I guess you could also call them spooning fortune cookies.

I think you could call them pretty much anything but logical, useful, or aesthetically appealing... They're not even easy to drunkenly climb and sit on...

Jonno.
11th March 2010, 10:33
I will never forget "spooning samosas" :lol:

Good to meet two of you yesterday.

Hanne
11th March 2010, 13:14
YUM, Samosas....

As an aside, I believe the stand is also out today.

Squiggles
11th March 2010, 18:44
Who has the signup sheets from today? I needs them

PirateJafa
11th March 2010, 19:47
I blame Duncan.

You can grab Windows 7 off him at the same time.

Squiggles
15th March 2010, 17:29
94 members on the books after last week :Punk:

Real_Wolf
15th March 2010, 22:17
94 members on the books after last week :Punk:

What with the 15 signups+~6 ticks on wednesday, and assuming roughly the same on the thursday.... where did all these members come from