PDA

View Full Version : French protest about potential filtering law change

hmmmnz
15th March 2010, 08:48
http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/french-motorcyclists-more-angry-than-ever/

go the frenchy bikers

Fluffy Cat
15th March 2010, 09:18
Thanks for that. How true. Governments are there to serve the people, not lord over them.

gijoe1313
15th March 2010, 09:23
Now that is just blardy awesome ...

MSTRS
15th March 2010, 09:26
And no-one here seems to think that disrupting traffic to make a point is wise...

bogan
15th March 2010, 09:30
good work the frenchmen (and womens) though I wonder what the public reaction was as that article is from a biker site.

CookMySock
15th March 2010, 09:42
And no-one here seems to think that disrupting traffic to make a point is wise...I think it is more that they are afraid of being disapproved of if they did, and that this would undo our efforts.

It is fine to admire others standing up for themselves - even angrily so, but why not in NZ?

Steve

saxet
15th March 2010, 10:10
Thanks for that. How true. Governments are there to serve the people, not lord over them.

Some one should tell the Governments this.

SPman
15th March 2010, 14:30
Bloody brilliant! Good on them. I was amazed at the filtering in Paris - everyone seemed to just flow through the cars as though they weren't there...rush hour queues of traffic on the ring road at a near standstill, and hundreds of bikes and scooters flowing through the traffic...barely slowing down.. it was great !

It is fine to admire others standing up for themselves - even angrily so, but why not in NZ? because most Kiwis are too embarrassed or scared they might cause offence! Or they might get arrested!! Or, mainly, they are just scared of authority!!!!

Fuck the beauracrats!

caseye
15th March 2010, 17:07
We must wait to see what the result of this mass protest is! before we pass comment either way. I think in France this will work, here in NZ we could'nt get enough bikes on any given road to make it happen in each and every city we have here.
I'm up for it though.

Toaster
15th March 2010, 17:10

Have you visited Earth lately?!

(If only they were!)

davereid
15th March 2010, 18:42
How do I bling them bikers !

swbarnett
16th March 2010, 19:46
Some one should tell the Governments this.
Actually someone needs to tell the people.

puddytat
16th March 2010, 21:50
Long live the Revolution.......

Whens ours?

NordieBoy
17th March 2010, 11:53
Long live the Revolution.......

Whens ours?

Thursday.

Didn't you get the memo?

rustyrobot
17th March 2010, 11:59
Thursday.
Oh damn, I'm gonna be working. Can we make it Friday afternoon, say... before 3pm? How does that work for everyone else?

CookMySock
17th March 2010, 12:06
Long live the Revolution....... Whens ours?Don't talk about it on KB, cause the insecure will shout you down, or at least run a poll to prove you have no support.

Steve

NordieBoy
17th March 2010, 12:25
Oh damn, I'm gonna be working. Can we make it Friday afternoon, say... before 3pm? How does that work for everyone else?

How good are you at teeming?

We need another to have a teeming mass.

rustyrobot
17th March 2010, 12:31
We need another to have a teeming mass.

Hmmm, there's a dog next door that keeps leaving a steaming mess, would that be any help?

Also, my bike wheels are revolutionary!

mashman
17th March 2010, 13:04
Thursday.

Didn't you get the memo?

must have been filtered out...

mashman
17th March 2010, 13:05
We must wait to see what the result of this mass protest is! before we pass comment either way. I think in France this will work, here in NZ we could'nt get enough bikes on any given road to make it happen in each and every city we have here.
I'm up for it though.

We can't get the word out to the people of this country to make it happen... the vehicles don't drive themselves ya know :innocent:

Swoop
17th March 2010, 13:12
Bravo!! to the french bikers!

Bloody hell. I said something nice about the cheese eating surrender monkeys.:gob::thud:

caseye
17th March 2010, 14:07
Bravo!! to the french bikers!

Bloody hell. I said something nice about the cheese eating surrender monkeys.:gob::thud:

You did , didn't you, feel bad now? Ya should. But at least this time it is really something they can be proud of..

Mashman, unfortunately you are right, we have no actual effective means of mass commubnication here in NZ for whatever purpose.
Unless of course you can get TV advertising and huge billboards going at major events, but wait a minute, tried that too, well it didn't work for the wussy Unions!.
Go KB and the Intrerwobble, we'd have done it right.

Swoop
17th March 2010, 16:15
You did , didn't you, feel bad now? Ya should.
Nope. They are still froggie cunts.

short-circuit
17th March 2010, 16:39
No questions here about inconveniencing the public and other lame excuses:

http://ukfrancebikers.com/2010/03/14/french-motorcyclists-more-angry-than-ever/

mattian
17th March 2010, 16:55
I came in here looking for pics of a manarge a tois..... forgive my French.

We definately could take a leaf out of their book !!!!!

spacemonkey
17th March 2010, 17:22
40,000!!!!! :shit:

Man now that would be an impressive sight!

Still a long way per capita behind our ACC protest turnout though. :yes:
but some good ideas for ACC mkII.

Swoop
17th March 2010, 18:32
Spank! The search button is broken again!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/120355-French-protest-about-potential-filtering-law-change

kwaka_crasher
17th March 2010, 19:44
And no-one here seems to think that disrupting traffic to make a point is wise...

We don't have the united front against the government that the French seem to enjoy. Everyone is too busy with their individual "it doesn't affect me so why are those it does affect targeting me?" mentality to stop and actually think about the real issue.

Without a word of a lie, I'm embarrassed to be an NZer at times. Ok, most times.

oldrider
17th March 2010, 20:08
Hey short-circuit, many happy returns, we don't agree much but I agree with your right to disagree!

Have you got all your "privileges" back or are you still riding on restricted licence? :innocent:

YellowDog
17th March 2010, 20:14
Nope. They are still froggie cunts.

Well the frogs have always been a bit more nuts than most but good on the bikers for making a stand.

short-circuit
18th March 2010, 20:34
Hey short-circuit, many happy returns, we don't agree much but I agree with your right to disagree!

Have you got all your "privileges" back or are you still riding on restricted licence? :innocent:

When did you finish you doctorate in Patronisology? Have been having a break from the rednecks, inbreds and meatheads in this shithole.

NordieBoy
22nd March 2010, 09:13
Have been having a break from the rednecks, inbreds and meatheads in this shithole.

You work for IRD?

carver
23rd March 2010, 19:40
I think it is more that they are afraid of being disapproved of if they did, and that this would undo our efforts.

It is fine to admire others standing up for themselves - even angrily so, but why not in NZ?

Steve

cause pussies like you wont do it

Fluffy Cat
23rd March 2010, 19:43
cause pussies like you wont do it

Meow?..........

puddytat
23rd March 2010, 20:46
Thursday.

Didn't you get the memo?

Nah Bugger I didnt...But then no one else has either or I would've seen it on the telly.:shit:
Bet you its that outfit at Waihopai:shifty:

scracha
24th March 2010, 07:11
I'm up for it though.
Sure you could. Just 100 bikers riding and parking in Auckland or any of our other large towns like that would cause utter chaos. At least we wouldn't have to go en masse on public transport as this country doesn't have any.

Bob
26th March 2010, 01:47
Not sure if this has been posted, but the footage of the bikers in Paris is impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTi5PyWeraA&feature=player_embedded

Fantastic protest - peaceful, applying the law as they're being asked to the letter, showing how stupid the proposal is.

There was a similar one in the UK some years ago. A big new bridge over the River Thames in London was built - and they wanted to charge bikes to ride over it. This meant having to somehow have change to hand over to the tollbooth attendant.

So the protest was - like this one - to follow the letter of the law. All bikers were asked to go to the tollbooth, get off their bikes, switch them off, then carefully remove gloves (if not helmet - think this may have been part of it, like a lot of petrol stations ask for), then get money out of pocket. Then carefully put back on helmet, gloves etc, before starting up bike and riding off.

If anyone complained, bikers were to apologise very politely, but point out that we cannot carry money in our hands, so we have to stop, remove clothing and so on.

Result? The toll for bikes was dropped.

Simple, effective and within the law. Point made, campaign a success. That everyone played along and no-one did the normal "Lets get stroppy and start shouting and swearing" thing helped big time.

awayatc
26th March 2010, 05:38
That everyone played along and no-one did the normal "Lets get stroppy and start shouting and swearing" thing helped big time.

frogs however can swear and manage to sound inoffensive at the same time.........

carver
26th March 2010, 06:14
frogs however can swear and manage to sound inoffensive at the same time.........

bit like how they sink ships

Elysium
27th March 2010, 08:20
Oh man we so got do a protest like this! Now where do we get over 10,000 bikers from?

NordieBoy
29th March 2010, 18:00
Oh man we so got do a protest like this! Now where do we get over 10,000 bikers from?

France ?