PDA

View Full Version : EMC shocks

geoffm
17th March 2010, 21:36
My RD350LC lives again - scruffy but on the road while I can still afford the rego.
I have Renntech springs in the front which help a lot in place of the boiled spaghetti originals, and I swapped out the OEM shock for the French made EMC from my race LC (RIP).
The shock is one i got i a fair while ago - new in the late 90s from the UK. I used it for a couple of seasons, then sitting for at least 10 years unused. It did work well (on the track) but I don't think sitting has suited it.
I took the bike for a spin to Corro in the weekend, and the bike was like riding a pogo stick. The shock is similar to a Hagon - threaded spring preload and a single damping adjuster.
Anyone had anything to do with these shocks? Anyone rebuilt one? Costs? Parts? Other advice?
Geoff

Robert Taylor
17th March 2010, 22:08
My RD350LC lives again - scruffy but on the road while I can still afford the rego.
I have Renntech springs in the front which help a lot in place of the boiled spaghetti originals, and I swapped out the OEM shock for the French made EMC from my race LC (RIP).
The shock is one i got i a fair while ago - new in the late 90s from the UK. I used it for a couple of seasons, then sitting for at least 10 years unused. It did work well (on the track) but I don't think sitting has suited it.
I took the bike for a spin to Corro in the weekend, and the bike was like riding a pogo stick. The shock is similar to a Hagon - threaded spring preload and a single damping adjuster.
Anyone had anything to do with these shocks? Anyone rebuilt one? Costs? Parts? Other advice?
Geoff
Your e-mail to me is being replied to tommorrow, during the day I havent been able to respond to a mountain of e-mails that have come in. I have drafted a reply to all your questions.

geoffm
18th March 2010, 20:34
Got your email thanks Robert. I will make it a winter project - having just paid the rego, I want to get some use out of it while I can still afford the ACC levies :-) and the weather is good. If you find out anything through your contacts about what special parts are likely to be required(and hence cost and lead time) it would be good to know for planning.

F5 Dave
22nd March 2010, 16:57
That will be an EMC quadrant. I ordered one of those in the late 90s when I'd read a write up on a CBR600 with one fitted & was in the market for a CBR but hadn't bought one so didn't know what year. I spoke to them & they said no drama, just let us know which you get & we'll send one, so I paid as the NZ$ was good (actually it got better but it had never been so high). When I got back to them there was no response. And again. They had shut up shop. I spoke to the crowd that were making bits for them as they started to market them for a while to recoup the money they weren't paid. Some people shouldn't be in business. But I guess that kind of sorts itself out. . .