PDA

View Full Version : Possible ride tomorrow Sunday 21 March

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 17:43
If tomorrow's weather is like today then I'm keen for a short ride tomorrow arvo sometime.

I'm in at uni 8am for a meeting that'll go for a few/several hours so I'm unsure of timing right now but could probably plan for a ride about 2 or 3pm.

Nice and simple would be meet at Uni and head out west for sh16 or something just for a cruise, haven't been outta the way of my commute for a while so I just wanna get somewhere.

Just putting this out there in case anybody else wants to poodle along with me. I'll keep an eye on this thread up until I leave.

:scooter:

racefactory
20th March 2010, 19:57
Keen for anywhere with bends.

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 20:10
Keen for anywhere with bends.

Keen. I'm open to suggestion ay... Could be keen for sh16 + Mangawhai or anything really. I'd guess Piha would be pretty busy if the weather's decent.

Tink
20th March 2010, 20:14
Keen. I'm open to suggestion ay... Could be keen for sh16 + Mangawhai or anything really. I'd guess Piha would be pretty busy if the weather's decent.

Could be out Kaiaua tomorrow.... !

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 20:16
Could be out Kaiaua tomorrow.... !

Absolutely keen as it takes me back home sweet home haha! You picking the arvo?

Tink
20th March 2010, 20:20
Absolutely keen as it takes me back home sweet home haha! You picking the arvo?

If the weather is mint we would go west no problem... if it has a tendency to be murky now and then more like to keep this side of town... but was going to head out when the mood took us... prob before lunch... so who do you coach tennis for .. Kevin? ;) I ride around 100km, both on cruisers...

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 20:23
If the weather is mint we would go west no problem... if it has a tendency to be murky now and then more like to keep this side of town... but was going to head out when the mood took us... prob before lunch... so who do you coach tennis for .. Kevin? ;) I ride around 100km, both on cruisers...

Ha don't ya know it... Got me trying to think of anybody in Karaka I know who rides bikes that'd know Kevin now but no idea... You wouldn't happen to pick a kid up from the busstop outside the club now and again would ya ;)?

I'll be keen to ride as soon as the uni stuff's finished, Kaiaua's better than west anyway but we'll see!

Tink
20th March 2010, 20:25
Ha don't ya know it... Got me trying to think of anybody in Karaka I know who rides bikes that'd know Kevin now but no idea... You wouldn't happen to pick a kid up from the busstop outside the club now and again would ya ;)?

I'll be keen to ride as soon as the uni stuff's finished, Kaiaua's better than west anyway but we'll see!

Do you guys go to Strath?

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 20:27
Do you guys go to Strath?

Yep... Longest 2 hours of my week with those brats :lol:

Tink
20th March 2010, 20:30
Yep... Longest 2 hours of my week with those brats :lol:

lol erm... well then I am a parent!

Ragingrob
20th March 2010, 20:34
lol erm... well then I am a parent!

Haha na it's just a completely different atmosphere to club coaching as the kids all know each other already + have just spent 6 hours at school, so take the rest of their energy out on us! Not to mention the gym acting like a sauna.

Ah well I'll have to sort out who's who sometime! Here's hoping the weather's good tomorrow and keep in touch to see plans.

Tink
20th March 2010, 20:40
Haha na it's just a completely different atmosphere to club coaching as the kids all know each other already + have just spent 6 hours at school, so take the rest of their energy out on us! Not to mention the gym acting like a sauna.

Ah well I'll have to sort out who's who sometime! Here's hoping the weather's good tomorrow and keep in touch to see plans.

My kids don't play... I just know Kev from previous years of them playing... don't worry they are hyped after a brain drain day, better outside I would say anyway. Have greywolf looking to go out on his sv1000 tomorrow avo to meet up... maybe you two can meet us later. :) and more....

jono035
21st March 2010, 10:21
I'd be keen for a bit of a blat around this afternoon sometime if plans are still going ahead. Looking a bit grey but the rain radar is clear.

Ragingrob
21st March 2010, 10:53
I'd be keen for a bit of a blat around this afternoon sometime if plans are still going ahead. Looking a bit grey but the rain radar is clear.

Sweet yeah well I'm still at uni starving right now, thinking I might head out for lunch in an hour or so and then see how the skies look + what the time is and post up my plans.

Ragingrob
21st March 2010, 13:31
Ok so I'm out at lunch and its raining where I am, prob won't make the effort to head anywhere in the end ay...

rie
21st March 2010, 15:44
NOOOOOOOOOOO my day off work and I missed it!

Ragingrob
21st March 2010, 15:58
NOOOOOOOOOOO my day off work and I missed it!

Hey I could head out sh16 way at like 6 if you were keen?

rie
21st March 2010, 16:03
sh16 would be awesome. alas I have a dinner date with my parents. Day ride would have been awesome. sighs abound.

Tink
21st March 2010, 16:11
Ok so I'm out at lunch and its raining where I am, prob won't make the effort to head anywhere in the end ay...

Not a inch of rain for the few hours we zipped around, didn't bother going to far afield cause of the weather, sadly came across a accident on Linwood Road, near north side of Tehihi School, and road gravel on the Waiuku Road. Two things to watch out for this evening if your coming or going!

Ragingrob
21st March 2010, 18:02
Not a inch of rain for the few hours we zipped around, didn't bother going to far afield cause of the weather, sadly came across a accident on Linwood Road, near north side of Tehihi School, and road gravel on the Waiuku Road. Two things to watch out for this evening if your coming or going!

Do you know much of the accident? Not good it seems as the road's still shut between Blackbridge and Te Hihi... Hope it's nobody too close to home, the cricket club has been celebrating their 25 years today.

What a slacker I am eh, fell asleep after the uni work this morning and then forgot a family dinner tonight and almost organised another ride this evening haha! Ah well... If the weather's good I'm planning to head up to Warkworth via sh16 with the gf this Friday, probably looking to leave about 3:30/4pm if anybody wants to tag along. We will be heading just the one way, and then coming back down Saturday arvo.

Tink
21st March 2010, 21:51
Do you know much of the accident? Not good it seems as the road's still shut between Blackbridge and Te Hihi... Hope it's nobody too close to home, the cricket club has been celebrating their 25 years today.

What a slacker I am eh, fell asleep after the uni work this morning and then forgot a family dinner tonight and almost organised another ride this evening haha! Ah well... If the weather's good I'm planning to head up to Warkworth via sh16 with the gf this Friday, probably looking to leave about 3:30/4pm if anybody wants to tag along. We will be heading just the one way, and then coming back down Saturday arvo.

The accident happened 5 minutes I would say before we hit it... as there was no police/ambo/fire etc... we did not pass them till nearly on the hingaia straight... the chap in the car that looked bad, was awake... I REALLY HATE THAT ROAD... and I always take those hills reasonably slow 80 - 90km because they are so blind those roads that you access thru. RR take a lot of care sh16 is nice as you well know.. but far to many don't get thru that road... cars and bikes alone.

Rayray401
22nd March 2010, 20:12
oohh, i missed this thread..thought i missed a ride >< hopefully the people in the accident are ok!