PDA

View Full Version : No power

JR1
25th March 2010, 19:27
hey guys, so ill tel you my little story from the start:

i Finnish work and start heading home (5min away), as im riding along my bike starts to lose power. first i has power in the high revs then it starts to slow, just as im getting home im piratically rolling. it starts fine but there is just nothing when i pull back on the accelerator. prior to this happening my engine would make a small funny noise when i turned on the ignition it got considerably worse recently. the bike was running fine all day today and this seams very random to me. anyone able to help me diagnose this issue, and recommend what i should do?

CookMySock
25th March 2010, 20:05
I think you should get a professional to look at that very quickly before it lunches itself.

Steve

NewRob
25th March 2010, 20:08
Could be an electrical fault. Check all your wire, regulator and all that. Cheers

JR1
26th March 2010, 14:35
sadly its gone to the "local" yamaha dealer, probly the best option..

The Everlasting
26th March 2010, 15:16
sadly its gone to the "local" yamaha dealer, probly the best option..

Yeah certainly is,hopefull it's only a small thing,and won't cost you an arm and a leg!!

racefactory
9th April 2010, 10:32
So what was it?

Hurrie
9th April 2010, 10:55
i had the same problem with my old cbr, i'd be riding and all of a sudden it would just lose power and stop, some times if opened the throttle it would go but most of the time it did nothing. turned out that my ptrol tank was rusting badly and the bits of rust would clog up the petrol filter which mean the engine died. it would usually start back up after about 15mins. but once i got a new filter and my petrol tank flushed it ran perfect