PDA

View Full Version : Cambodian mob beats bike thieves to death with bamboo

Bob
27th March 2010, 01:09
A group of 400 villagers in the Cambodian district of Dangkor beat to death two motorcycle thieves with bamboo sticks, after dragging them away from police.

Police chief Bonn Sam Ath admitted "The villagers threatened to attack us if we refused to hand over the suspects to them. We had no choice. They would have beaten us too if we protected the suspects."

Mob killings are not uncommon in rural Cambodia, as villagers view many police as corrupt and so administer justice within their own communities.

Big Col
27th March 2010, 04:41
Fantastic outcome,

whowhatwhere
27th March 2010, 04:46
I hope the bamboo was sustainably sourced.

YellowDog
27th March 2010, 04:56
I just hope that there wasn't too much suffering.

If they wern't wearing gloves, thrashing around with those bamboo sticks can leave nasty blisters.

Swoop
30th March 2010, 07:05
Can we invite more Cambodian migrants into NZ?

Chrislost
30th March 2010, 11:18
Get your own mob

yachtie10
30th March 2010, 11:34
A group of 400 villagers in the Cambodian district of Dangkor beat to death two motorcycle thieves with bamboo sticks, after dragging them away from police.

Police chief Bonn Sam Ath admitted "The villagers threatened to attack us if we refused to hand over the suspects to them. We had no choice. They would have beaten us too if we protected the suspects."

Mob killings are not uncommon in rural Cambodia, as villagers view many police as corrupt and so administer justice within their own communities.

The police make under $30 US per month so wont do anything without a bit of cash incentive
although they will ticket you for having your headlight on during the day (actual Law)

R6_kid
30th March 2010, 17:02
sounds a like a good incentive not to steal bikes.

EJK
30th March 2010, 17:04
Someone should start a Cambodian Bike Insurance. Sounds like business.

scumdog
30th March 2010, 17:13
The police make under $30 US per month so wont do anything without a bit of cash incentive
although they will ticket you for having your headlight on during the day (actual Law)

They were probably boosting their income by selling bamboo sticks to the mob...

Owl
30th March 2010, 21:10
Where's Headbanger?.........................He'd just love this thread:yes:

Maki
31st March 2010, 09:18
I hope it was not over too quickly.

Smifffy
31st March 2010, 09:25
Where's the youtube??!!!!!

Skinon
4th April 2010, 11:05
I just hope that there wasn't too much suffering.

If they wern't wearing gloves, thrashing around with those bamboo sticks can leave nasty blisters.

hahaha i actually got funny looks when i read that and cracked up

Toaster
4th April 2010, 22:30
Fantastic outcome,

Yeah, bring new meaning to giving it stick.

Urano
6th April 2010, 01:11
bah... how primitives are in some parts of the world...

still with this myth of the manual work.... wtf, you have elephants, use them....! :D :D :D