PDA

View Full Version : TU250 Volty - Dies when idling & struggles uphill

Gerous
5th April 2010, 13:36
Any suggestions? Anyone have a manual in e form for the volty? Thinking maybe sparkie might need a look but can't work out where it is...total noob :shutup:

Any help would be much appreciated...:scooter:

quickbuck
5th April 2010, 19:00
If it runs "normally" when giving it the gas on the flat I wouldn't think it is your Spark Plug, or anything else in the electrical (Ignition) system.... Just yet.

What it sounds like is the "Choke", which is actually an Enricher, is playing up.... or stick on.
Is the pipe quite black?

You will have to pull the plug to clean it, if it is running rich, but you must have the fault fixed first.
Dirty plug is only a symptom.

All that said, the CDI's can break down under load......

Gerous
6th April 2010, 10:11
Thanks Quickbuck, that sounds exactly what is wrong with it. I'll book it in to have it looked at, thanks for sharing the knowledge!

quickbuck
6th April 2010, 21:21
Thanks Quickbuck, that sounds exactly what is wrong with it. I'll book it in to have it looked at, thanks for sharing the knowledge!

No worries.
Another day, and out of Holiday mode...
A test you can do to work out if is indeed the "Choke" (Enricher) is to have the bike running.
Once warm, pull on the choke.
IF it dies, then it isn't really the problem.
If, however the bike continues to run (a little poor), then the choke isn't having any effect, and is ON the whole time....