PDA

View Full Version : HMCC Rider Training - SMC Discount

Squiggles
9th April 2010, 15:54
Flyer attached, i can do 50% rebates for a few of you if you give me the reciept...

Hanne
9th April 2010, 16:08
Would be good to use up the funding we have for this round, then they are more likely to give us more next time.
So anyone vaguely thinking of doing the course, now is the time to take the plunge.

doooooo eeeeeeet!

Jonno.
10th April 2010, 17:53
Has anyone done this? Thoughts?

Danae
10th April 2010, 18:27
Sounds ideal for me really..."small capacity bike, newish rider". However...my gloves are too shabby and my jacket has rips in it!

Dare
12th April 2010, 00:03
 Suspension and chassis setup workshop
I think that would be more or less lost on my bike.
However, looks awesome! so that's 37.50 each after the discount? =)

PirateJafa
12th April 2010, 00:29
I'm keen.

I need to learn how to ride at some point.

Hanne
12th April 2010, 16:33
^^..............

rie
14th April 2010, 13:11
hey i'd be super keen - so how does it work - do i need to pay the $75 first and get a refund from you? sign me up pleezuh.

edit: just realised you wanted a receipt. i can do that if you can confirm that you can definitely get me that rebate based on how much funding you have left?

Squiggles
14th April 2010, 15:41
we have the funding for the 50% rebate, you should apply first if you plan to go... expect them to frown upon your sportbike and lack of appropriate license (if there are still places left)

rie
14th April 2010, 16:00
thanks for that squigs - just letting you guys know, apparently the track organisers won't let supersports in anyway. so the gsxr and other supersports riders who are keen will need an exemption to participate.

Thani-B
14th April 2010, 16:45
I'm keen. Have emailed them to ask if there are still places left.

Hanne
15th April 2010, 14:04
Think my AX would survive the day?? :P

motorbyclist
16th April 2010, 11:58
just letting you guys know, apparently the track organisers won't let supersports in anyway.

that's a bit silly isn't it? I've known many riders on 600 supersports (or bigger) who shouldn't even be riding a 250..... then again they generally wouldn't go on one of those days anyway and if they did it'd justify the position held by HMCC....

Think my AX would survive the day?? :P

Brown Fury could bring a tow rope.....

Squiggles
16th April 2010, 12:09
Brown Fury could bring a tow rope.....

I think this one will have to be settled at the drag strip...

Thani-B
21st April 2010, 11:59
I'm going! :D is anyone else?

rie
21st April 2010, 15:49
I'm going! :D is anyone else?

I am! I got an exemption for the gsxr but apparently there is some kerfuffle around the fact that some motard riders were unable to get an exemption? I must really sound like the antithesis of hoon if they are letting me go!

motorbyclist
22nd April 2010, 23:31
I am! I got an exemption for the gsxr but apparently there is some kerfuffle around the fact that some motard riders were unable to get an exemption? I must really sound like the antithesis of hoon if they are letting me go!

the fact that they'd ever hand out an exemption for a gixxer 600 further removes any credibility that scheme ever had

rie
23rd April 2010, 15:18
the fact that they'd ever hand out an exemption for a gixxer 600 further removes any credibility that scheme ever had

I don't see a problem seeing as how it constantly emphasises that it is not a track practice day for hooning around. If you don't comply with the expectations of the course, you will be removed. Simple as that. I don't see why they even need to restrict bikes at all, but apparently it is Hampton downs, not the course organisers, that have imposed the restrictions.

motorbyclist
24th April 2010, 23:29
I don't see a problem seeing as how it constantly emphasises that it is not a track practice day for hooning around. If you don't comply with the expectations of the course, you will be removed. Simple as that. I don't see why they even need to restrict bikes at all, but apparently it is Hampton downs, not the course organisers, that have imposed the restrictions.

oooooohhhh sorry i thought you meant you got an exemption from transit for the whole licence thing... dunno why i thought that lol.