PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington this Sat (17 Apr)

BigAl
12th April 2010, 12:24
Reminder for those that want to come along and ride Pocket Bikes on the Mt Wellington track or have a look at what they are all about.

This Saturday from 9.30, directions here, http://www.nzmmrc.co.nz/page.php?3

Cost to ride is $20, $10 kids. Minimum protective gear is ankles covered, knee pads, stout jacket, gloves & helmet (no visible flesh)

Rubber/Nylon pegs and side stands removed please to protect track.

mohawk
16th April 2010, 17:33
Got a new b1 to run in and sum mods to the mod to test. Might pop up if the weathers good.
Who else is coming ?

BigAl
16th April 2010, 19:47
Not going to be there as at the V8s, bugger it clashes. Jason and regulars should be there Shane.

And hope to get over to Edgecumbe for the May round.

mohawk
18th April 2010, 14:12
Track is rough as gutts compaired to edgecumbe Allan.

woodyracer
18th April 2010, 18:01
Track is rough as gutts compaired to edgecumbe Allan.

yea the track is pretty munted, us bucket guys are finding it a handful...... has never felt that bumpy in the 3 years ive been going there, the track is on its way out i think.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
20th April 2010, 17:20
yea the track is pretty munted, us bucket guys are finding it a handful.

That sucks. If we travel interIsland to come race you guys we want to visit a nice track with a good surface. No point going that far to race on a munted track.
On a better note, my partner in crime was visiting Wellington the other week, so I sent him up to the Hutt to check out the wellington kart track. It's a beautiful place. I'll be surprised if it isn't the best kart track in NZ.

BigAl
20th April 2010, 19:39
Wellington is pretty good raced pockets there a couple of years ago. Nothing wrong with Mt Wellington track in the dry and Edgecumbe looks way rougher, last raced over there about 1.5 years ago but I need to get over again soon to compare.
Taumaranui would be the pick of the bunch & all 3 are within about 3 hrs drive.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
20th April 2010, 19:44
Yip that's the thing. Wellington is a nice track and it's closer, but as you said, 3 tracks within 3 hours of each other is choice. Lucky bastards.

daz71
20th April 2010, 20:00
Im just getting used to edgecume track and its not that bad dont know about the other tracks yet , i was riding roads and carparks before that sure beats getting hassled by the cops,lol Im happy to ride anyware but its all about a day out and the people you meet dont ya think

mohawk
20th April 2010, 20:34
Both tracks have their good bits and bad bits. I only realy notice the shitty bits when practiceing....
Neither of them are that bad at the speeds we're doing. lol.

888mike
21st April 2010, 13:04
If you want perfect tracks you will find it hard as most of the kart clubs with pristine tracks are real anal about us scratching thier tarmac if we crash so we dont complain as it is better to have an average track we didn't have to pay to build rather than no track and no sport for our familys to be involved in. So please don't make assumptions about a track on a couple of peoples thoughts we have over 30 riders in our club and we are still growing and it will only get better. Thanks Mike

mohawk
21st April 2010, 20:51
Wellington is pretty good raced pockets there a couple of years ago. Nothing wrong with Mt Wellington track in the dry and Edgecumbe looks way rougher, last raced over there about 1.5 years ago but I need to get over again soon to compare.
Taumaranui would be the pick of the bunch & all 3 are within about 3 hrs drive.

Taranaki has a real nice track, how come NZMMRC dont run there any more ?

BigAl
21st April 2010, 21:07
Taranaki has a real nice track, how come NZMMRC dont run there any more ?

Yeah Waitara(Taranaki) is another real nice track with a sweeper that seems to go forever :-)
Nzmmrc was blamed for some track damage that was more than likely caused by Motards racing the following day.

mohawk
21st April 2010, 21:11
It was way too far to travel anyway.