PDA

View Full Version : A tent for your motorbike!

Bob
22nd April 2010, 00:14
Going camping? Worried that when you wake up, your precious bike will have been stolen? The solution could be the Tenere Expedition tent.

The tent is designed to shelter bike, rider and gear under one roof. The design provides a sheltered bay for the bike (said to be large enough to work on the bike!), with two additional ‘vestibules’ to store gear and sleep two people with sufficient space to inflate a queen sized airbed.

The tent, which packs down to just 8x21 inches and weights 13lbs (6kg), is available from The Nomad Tent Company in the US, retailing at US$399. Owner Kevin Muggleton said I want my gear and bike securely out of sight, I want to stand up to change my clothes. No tent out there offered me these advantages, so I built my own."

For more details: http://www.nomadtent.com

MaxB
22nd April 2010, 00:26
Ha, when I go to rallies I want to let people to know that I am 'in' and available for amber refreshments. So the bike would be outside. In NZ bikes are safe at most rallies I go to.

It might be good for adventure touring or off road events where you might have to change rubber etc.

shafty
22nd April 2010, 04:39
Cool tent, with decent height which I have had trouble finding in the past, also a decent pack-down size......small enough for a pannier on the ST; My current one needs to go on the seat! Does anone know of something like the Nomad avail in NZ?
The one I bought is a good tent, just too big to go in the ST luggage, the poles being the defining constriction!

spajohn
22nd April 2010, 09:40
I take a 'tramping' tent that is 2.4 kg - it's a 3 man size hence it is relatively heavy for tramping though. Sure I can't stand in it but at 6kg the Nomad is too heavy for my liking.