PDA

View Full Version : Coro/Mangawhai ride - Friday 30 April or Sunday 2 May?

Ragingrob
27th April 2010, 21:27
Keen for a relaxed ride at the end of this week, both Friday and Sunday look to be good weather and I'm keen to do whichever day others wanna give me company on.

I'm thinking either Coromandel or up north to Mangawhai or thereabouts.

Hit up the poll and we'll go from there! Please only vote if you are actually keen for the ride.

:scooter:

UPDATE:

Meeting 9am at Autobahn on Sunday, leaving at 9:30am, heading around the Coro!

jono035
27th April 2010, 21:33
Keen for a relaxed ride at the end of this week, both Friday and Sunday look to be good weather and I'm keen to do whichever day others wanna give me company on.

I'm thinking either Coromandel or up north to Mangawhai or thereabouts.

Hit up the poll and we'll go from there! Please only vote if you are actually keen for the ride.

:scooter:

Oh noooo. Hopefully I can find a couple of exhaust gasket rings quickly and fix this damn leak!

Ragingrob
27th April 2010, 21:34
Oh noooo. Hopefully I can find a couple of exhaust gasket rings quickly and fix this damn leak!

Bummer! Well you've got two or four days depending on what your vote is!

jono035
27th April 2010, 21:36
Bummer! Well you've got two or four days depending on what your vote is!

Stuff from the UK shows up on monday apparently :P

Ragingrob
27th April 2010, 21:38
Stuff from the UK shows up on monday apparently :P

Hmmm well that may pose a problem! Not expensive I hope?

PirateJafa
27th April 2010, 21:43
Nah. Tough luck for missing our last Coro. ;)

Ragingrob
27th April 2010, 22:00
Nah. Tough luck for missing our last Coro. ;)

Well I know I'll at least Gareth and Kyle are keen to get out for a ride :) I'll be going no matter what!

2wheeljunkie
27th April 2010, 22:05
Rob....you and me = coro. done :) i would prefer fri g.

Ragingrob
27th April 2010, 22:12
Rob....you and me = coro. done :) i would prefer fri g.

Well noted! Who knows, I could quite easily ride Friday AND Sunday haha! Count me in for Friday if the weather's good man it's a date.

Btw vote!

2wheeljunkie
27th April 2010, 22:23
keen as for sunday if its chill, will be real hungova, having a big sat nite. :)

gavjn
27th April 2010, 22:30
keen as for sunday if its chill, will be real hungova, having a big sat nite. :)

lols ur on the wrong bike :p or wrong vehicle...

gavjn
27th April 2010, 22:31
im keen as FUUUCCCKKKK for coro... got a test on friday morning at 10-11 so if its after that then keeeeeen for friday but if not, sunday keeeeeeeen!!! either way IM KEEN

Slyer
27th April 2010, 23:21
You might even find some gixxer bits out in the coro you can bolt straight on!

Rayray401
28th April 2010, 12:18
Keen for Friday if weathers good, more keen for mangawhai since its up north XD and I need to ride more twisties instead of motorway..

R6_kid
28th April 2010, 13:26
im keen as FUUUCCCKKKK for coro... got a test on friday morning at 10-11 so if its after that then keeeeeen for friday but if not, sunday keeeeeeeen!!! either way IM KEEN

I hope you are much calmer on the bike...

I'm keen for Mangawhai on Sunday - the reason Rob put it as in option. Will possibly have a pillion so will be 'sedate' - can stop at Mangawhai for lunch or go through to Waipu for an icecream/pie on the Beach.

jono035
28th April 2010, 13:40

I'm keen for Mangawhai on Sunday - the reason Rob put it as in option. Will possibly have a pillion so will be 'sedate' - can stop at Mangawhai for lunch or go through to Waipu for an icecream/pie on the Beach.

That sounds pretty good. Either sounds good, really.

Ragingrob
28th April 2010, 13:45

Sweeeeet

Sweeet dunno what time plan for Friday is but keep an eye on this.

You might even find some gixxer bits out in the coro you can bolt straight on!

Score!

Keen for Friday if weathers good, more keen for mangawhai since its up north XD and I need to ride more twisties instead of motorway..

Sweet. Coro has more twisties than anywhere and is worth the 1.25 hours to get to them!

Hardout, Mangawhai on Sunday sounds like a definite too I reckon.

Ragingrob
28th April 2010, 13:47
That sounds pretty good. Either sounds good, really.

Will bike be ready?

jono035
28th April 2010, 15:38
Will bike be ready?

I sure hope so... I'll swing by KTL this afternoon, I have no idea if these exhaust gaskets are NC30 specific or are generic, anyone know?

Cheshire Cat
28th April 2010, 15:50

I feel sorry for your pillion.

Jonno.
28th April 2010, 22:06
Looking good weather for sunday :niceone:

Ragingrob
28th April 2010, 22:14
Looking good weather for sunday :niceone:

And Friday! Well I think Kyle and I are gonna hit up the Coro on Friday even if it's just us two, and then Sunday looks pretty good for a nice group ride up to Mangawhai or something!

Ragingrob
28th April 2010, 22:18
Main post updated, be good if ya can say whether you're coming on Friday or not so we don't leave anybody behind!!!

R6_kid
28th April 2010, 22:43
I feel sorry for your pillion.

I feel sorry for your bike.

R6_kid
28th April 2010, 22:44
Sunday - Mangawhai, meet Uni outside gym at say 11am?

Yep, meet me at Shell Westgate at midday.

Rayray401
28th April 2010, 23:04
Hmm, pretty keen on going, but got assignment due on friday, test tomorrow night. Ill decide whether Ill go on friday or not tomorrow ah ><

Jonno.
28th April 2010, 23:09
I wish I could had a friday free but I have a lab and if I miss I need a dr note :bash:

How long is the Mangawhai ride?
Always keen.

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2010, 09:29
lols ur on the wrong bike :p or wrong vehicle...

what?..i dont get you sorry, gotta be more clear on this one...

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2010, 09:30
unless you mean the hornet is not chill, which it so issss.

jono035
29th April 2010, 10:40
No luck on the exhaust gaskets and I don't really want to do an entire coro while baking my rear shock in exhaust fumes. Could still be a go for sunday though...

Squiggles
29th April 2010, 11:21
No luck on the exhaust gaskets and I don't really want to do an entire coro while baking my rear shock in exhaust fumes. Could still be a go for sunday though...

Bodge it. </10char>

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2010, 11:50
stephen, do u have a paddock stand? just got new chain and sprockets.

Ragingrob
29th April 2010, 12:14

So... Tomorrow weather looks all g, meet autobahn 9am ya reckon? Might just be me and you :sunny:

Ragingrob
29th April 2010, 12:15
Bodge it. </10char>

+1

Corooooooooo!

Squiggles
29th April 2010, 12:34

Nope, you mean you bought them and need them fitted?

Ragingrob
29th April 2010, 12:42
Change of plans, Kyle can't make tomorrow soooo I'm thinking:

Friday - Short ride to Mangawhai via SH16 just for fun time's sake, wanna get out on the roads! Could meet up at like 10am for this.

Sunday - CORO! If people are up for it??!! Weather meant to be SUNSHINE :sunny:

2wheeljunkie
29th April 2010, 12:45
yeaa bought them off trademe, at the last of my dollar so thought i do it myself, silly me now i have to find a chain breaker too. :(..if by some miracle i get it done tomoirrow morning im still game for ride, if not sun it will have to definately be.

R6_kid
29th April 2010, 13:04
How long is the Mangawhai ride?

About an hour each way, you can usually do it on one tank of gas. I'd allow 3.5hrs to if you're making plans.

I've got exhaust sealant that could do the trick in the mean time - applied to the outside it dries hard, but you can then soak it in water/scrub it off when you put the proper seals in.

Jonno.
29th April 2010, 15:00
Change of plans, Kyle can't make tomorrow soooo I'm thinking:

Friday - Short ride to Mangawhai via SH16 just for fun time's sake, wanna get out on the roads! Could meet up at like 10am for this.

Sunday - CORO! If people are up for it??!! Weather meant to be SUNSHINE :sunny:

Fuck yeah.

jono035
29th April 2010, 16:37
I've got exhaust sealant that could do the trick in the mean time - applied to the outside it dries hard, but you can then soak it in water/scrub it off when you put the proper seals in.

I didn't realise it was that easy to get off. Was wanting to avoid anything goo-based because it would only be for a few days and I didn't want the hassle of removing it, but that sounds like some useful stuff to have around...

gavjn
29th April 2010, 16:55
Fuck yeah.

i concur... i wil b there on sunday. time?

R6_kid
29th April 2010, 17:25
I didn't realise it was that easy to get off. Was wanting to avoid anything goo-based because it would only be for a few days and I didn't want the hassle of removing it, but that sounds like some useful stuff to have around...

You gonna be at chillar? Can bring it with me.

Ragingrob
29th April 2010, 17:25
Sunday autobahn 9am? Try to leave about 9:30? Earlier the better I reckon.

jono035
29th April 2010, 18:21
You gonna be at chillar? Can bring it with me.

That'd be awesome mate, thanks. I'll definitely be stopping by. In the worst case I've got to find someone to offload Dare's hoodie onto...

gavjn
29th April 2010, 20:22
sweet 9am it is :D

klyong82
29th April 2010, 21:38
That'd be awesome mate, thanks. I'll definitely be stopping by. In the worst case I've got to find someone to offload Dare's hoodie onto...

Hi, I got 2 vesrah exhaust gaskets to be fitted between the exhaust headers and the engine (model number VE-1008). Came in a pack of 10 and I have used 8 on two of my CBR Fireblades. If you have measurements and this is what you are after I can give it to you diameter is approximately 42.5-43mm. PM me if you want it.

p.s: here some part numbers (does look like honda part numbers) for fitment 18291-236-000 or 18212-634-000

Ragingrob
29th April 2010, 21:56
So everybody keen for 9am Autobahn Sunday to head round the coro? :woohoo:

jono035
29th April 2010, 21:57
Hi, I got 2 vesrah exhaust gaskets to be fitted between the exhaust headers and the engine (model number VE-1008). Came in a pack of 10 and I have used 8 on two of my CBR Fireblades. If you have measurements and this is what you are after I can give it to you diameter is approximately 42.5-43mm. PM me if you want it.

p.s: here some part numbers (does look like honda part numbers) for fitment 18291-236-000 or 18212-634-000

Thanks for the offer! I'm not sure what diameter the gaskets are but when I was trying to get them at KTL, something was muttered about there being no equivalent parts available. I'll take a look before I head off tomorrow morning and let you know though.

Cheers.

klyong82
29th April 2010, 22:04
Thanks for the offer! I'm not sure what diameter the gaskets are but when I was trying to get them at KTL, something was muttered about there being no equivalent parts available. I'll take a look before I head off tomorrow morning and let you know though.

Cheers.

No worries. I work at AUT so if you want them you can pick it up from there tomorrow or you can just grab it off me to experiment cos it aint useful to me since I only ride 4 cylinder bikes. Diameter is between 42 to 43 mm. Cannot really see.

Ragingrob
1st May 2010, 13:24
Weather looks all good for tomorrow :sunny:

Will leave Autobahn by 9:30am :yes:

Hopefully won't be leaving anyone behind so speak up if you're coming!

gavjn
1st May 2010, 13:39
def comin. hope to hell i dont sleep in ><

2wheeljunkie
1st May 2010, 17:10
coming too, only did a 100 ks on the new chain so proly wont go nuts, wudnt mind playing charlie..

Ragingrob
1st May 2010, 18:55
Mint that's 3 of us definite. Judging by comments we may have two Jono's joining us too perhaps. Weather is meant to be purrrrrfect :woohoo:

Though it ain't that nice right now eh :confused:

Jonno.
1st May 2010, 19:02
Yeah I'll definitely be there. Just need to find a way to register it tomorrow.

jono035
1st May 2010, 21:11
Well, doesn't look like I'll be joining you guys unfortunately. Didn't managed to get the exhaust gooped up, comedy of errors and lack of tools that has resulted in me losing a nut, possibly into the rear shock spring. Will deal with that tomorrow when I have some light.

Ragingrob
1st May 2010, 22:55
That sucks Jono. If ya wake up and get it sorted early definitely come!

At the moment I count 5 of us - Me, Graeme, Jonno, Kyle and Ehab. Be good if any lurkers turn up, always good for more company!

See y'all at 9am Autobahn tomorrow :scooter:

jono035
2nd May 2010, 11:15
Bah, what a day. Looks perfect, hope you guys are having a blast.

Ragingrob
2nd May 2010, 16:28
Mint weather mint ride!

2wheeljunkie
3rd May 2010, 20:11
absolute stunner, cheers to graeme and rob for sick time.