PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch - The PB community

Junkers
29th April 2010, 22:49
Whats going down?1!1?! oneoneone

So I bought a communist pitbike off trademe a while back, $180 later I had a lemon. Lost count of the chinese carbs I went through.. they all leak, idle poorly, struggle to start. Ended up buying a new engine and after a few to many red faces I bought a decent carb and the thing has behaved ever since.

The only problem is I don't ride it.. do you guys still have meets? I don't think I'm up to the supa karts track.. I'm new to riding and I've seen how dirty you guys play in there. I recall a guy on here said that you guys hit up a car park on the odd saturday, is that still happening?

onearmedbandit
29th April 2010, 23:06
Talk to either imdying (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/2368-imdying) or {.blank}G_o_D (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php/22754-.bLanK-G_o_D), they are both active riders (and repairers and modifiers) of minimotos. I believe they are organising ar night at the indoor track soon.

imdying
30th April 2010, 09:46
Nope, we're not organising that.

The bikes are shit, find something more productive to do with your time.

onearmedbandit
30th April 2010, 10:25
Nope, we're not organising that.

The bikes are shit, find something more productive to do with your time.

Hahahaha. The a/c bike still playing up?

imdying
30th April 2010, 11:01
I have tried my best to get it sorted before Monday, but the carbs didn't arrive on my desk this morning and a bike that leaks gas is not acceptable for use on a commercial track. A catch can is an 'in case of failure' item, not an acceptable fix to use a leaking bike on a commercial track. I'll sell the air cooled bikes, but I'll keep the ZPF, it's pretty trick now, and with some fag packet painted fairings, will look nice in my garage.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
30th April 2010, 11:08
Don't listen to imdying, he's pissed off with his cag atm. lol
There are a couple of dudes organizing a meet at Superkarts on Monday night. We'll be there.
We do have a couple of car parks we race in. We do our best to look after them so we don't get kicked out.
Good plan on a decent carb, our Dellortos should be arriving any day now. :)
Send me a pm with your mobile number and I will let you know when and where we will be this weekend. Come join us if you like. You must have ALL the protective gear.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
30th April 2010, 11:10
imdying.. reply to my email, i gotta go back to work. lol

imdying
30th April 2010, 11:10
No, I'm not actually. Just get that shit sent wherever you had the carbs sent to.

CookMySock
30th April 2010, 12:44
Don't be a pussy - you give up too easy. Grit your teeth, get angry, get even, and beat it!

Steve

imdying
30th April 2010, 12:55
I appreciate the encouragement Steve, but I have done my best to get the (genuine Dellorto) carb here for today so that I could prepare the bike for Monday. I'm not prepared to risk leaking fuel and oil onto the only track in Christchurch that will have us, because I expect that would be (quite rightly) it for us having access. Anybody else can be whatever their conscience will let them, but I'm not going to be 'That guy who caused everyone to get banned'. It's not safe, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take, and have done happily whilst we're running around car parks, but I'm not going to screw it up for everyone else.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
30th April 2010, 13:42
Cheer up nigger. Carbs are here.
I needed your addy to send the second lot of PMT's. Found it in an old email. Expect a box of PMT's to arrive at your work between Thursday and Monday next week from Dazza.

imdying
30th April 2010, 13:57
Cheer up nigger. Carbs are here.
I needed your addy to send the second lot of PMT's. Found it in an old email. Expect a box of PMT's to arrive at your work between Thursday and Monday next week from Dazza.ORLY! Well then, it's on bitches. You've made my freakin week... I was really fucked off that I was going to miss the first decent race ever because of some tiny Chinese piece of shit needle and seat.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
30th April 2010, 17:56
Oh it's on!

imdying
1st May 2010, 09:02
Whats going down?1!1?! oneoneoneI've sent you a pm, come along and have a laugh, there's worse ways to spend a Monday night.

imdying
1st May 2010, 09:02
Oh it's on!Oh it's on like Donkey Kong, biatch!

onearmedbandit
1st May 2010, 09:58
Sal and I will come down for a laugh.

Junkers
2nd May 2010, 19:33
Yeah, I wish I had bought a genuine Dellorto from the start... so much stress would of been avoided. Went through five or six of those cheapies including a dell rep. Spoke to the seller and he told me that he'd never had one fail.. :blink: Wouldn't be making money if he honored his warranties I guess.

The genuine Dellortos transform the cag's, they actually start, they don't piss fuel out everywhere and the clutch engages properly from the extra grunt.

I don't have any safety gear so I'm screwed on that front. I presume you need knee and elbow pads? I'm still keen to come along and get some pics.. When do you kick off?

imdying
3rd May 2010, 07:29
We just leather up and use knee sliders, but TBH at 6 foot tall, toe sliders are the most important thing if you don't want to eat your boots. The tarmac is a lot less abrasive looking at supakarts though, so shouldn't be much of an issue. I'll see if there's a spare leather jacket, and I'll put a spare helmet in the van.

I'm just running the 68 that came in the SHA; it's not too bad, we'll have to get some jets and tune her up though.

CookMySock
3rd May 2010, 08:21
Interesting to hear you guys talk about the dellorto carbs. With our club, "standard" daytona means just that, so swapping to an aftermarket carb is verboten, or else the bike goes up to the "modified" class.

I might bring it up with the club leaders and see what can be done, because of the stress the carbs cause.

Steve

imdying
3rd May 2010, 10:44
I wouldn't piss on a standard carb if it was on fire, and given how crappy they are, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened to one.

Our standard bikes are standard except for one safety item, one track wear item, and one economy reason, i.e:
- Dellorto carbs
- Nylon foot pegs (no 'meat hooks' or metal pegs of any description)
- Non Chinese tyres

Some of our Daytonas came with the 12mm thingy, some with the Dellorto SH14 replica like a B1, so 'standard' doesn't mean a whole lot to us.

CookMySock
3rd May 2010, 11:25
Thanks for your comments. Food for thought.

Steve

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th May 2010, 11:36
Arrrrh! Supakarts was so much fun! Definitely gonna hit that shit again.
The surface was no where near as grippy as tar seal but despite that we had a ball. Wasn't as hard on the leathers when you came off too.

Found out last night Junkers Dellorto on his ac bike is a PHBG19, so that would defiantly come under modified daytona class.

imdying
4th May 2010, 12:20
Thanks for your comments. Food for thought.I suspect by the time we get up your way we'll be in modified anyway, so wouldn't worry too much :)

Do you allow non Chinese tyres in your standard class?

I thought there was at least as much grip as on car parks, it's just that the consequences for crashing were a bit heavier.

888mike
4th May 2010, 13:16
Hi Guys, yes we do allow non chinese tyres in all classes as they are a safty addition, but as far as carbs go we do use the chinky 12mm takes a little while to get them right but when you do they are fine, Ive got one I havent touched since april last year. But any way we would love to have you guys to get a trip together and come up. We could even look at a summer meeting during Xmas holidays and get as many people from all over country here and have a propper NZ champs. Food for thought any how. Catch ya Mike EBPBC

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th May 2010, 16:45
I thought there was at least as much grip as on car parks.

Both Andrew and I disagree on that. Maybe my tyre pressures were wrong.
I am interested to know what pressures other people are using in their racing tyres for a givin rider weight, in fact I will open a new thread on that topic.

consequences for crashing were a bit heavier.

Heavier than that mother glass window at waterloo road as you exit the hairpin? Or the waste taker we blitz past going reverse. Or any of the kerbs we come within inches of? or Andrew? lol
I think Supakarts was a little safer than our normal tracks if anything. Biggest worry at Supakarts was the pit exit post and the wall on the right just past that post.

imdying
4th May 2010, 16:54
Both Andrew and I disagree on that.Pffft, Andrew did 5 laps on his piece of shit and you have soft racing rubber and still had no advantage. I reckon Andrew doesn't have enough track time to have a valid opinion and you must've been riding like a soft cock cause you should've been all over me like a rash! :lol:

Definitely need do a bit of pressure testing though, something odd is going on... my old nail on rooted tyres shouldn't have had the pace of your bike, but I was just throwing it down and relying on it to grip and I could actually feel it (in a way I haven't experienced at car parks) holding on and pulling me around (the turns) quicker. It was only on extreme angles of lean that it would slide, and even then it was nice and progressive and could be picked up off your knee slider... and I get those sorts of slides at the car parks anyway, so no loss, but I still felt it was easier to save a slide too.

To be honest, I'm not actually sure whether it either had more grip, or the surface just felt better through my Chinese slicks and therefore gave me the confidence to go faster. The other option is I was just on a blinder and found some new pace... but that seems unlikely :laugh:

onearmedbandit
4th May 2010, 17:37
The other option is I was just on a blinder and found some new pace... but that seems unlikely :laugh:

Pfft, very.

Foobin
15th May 2010, 19:06
Hey guys,

Probably bit off topic here, but ill post up the next date to meet at the indoor go-kart place after i confirm with them. Looking at either 31st of May or 7th June.

Hopefully we will have a good dozen out this time!

Cheers

{.bLanK}G_o_D
18th May 2010, 00:12
Nice one. Let Malcolm know when you have it booked, he's secretary, he's in charge of the mailing list.

schrodingers cat
28th May 2010, 12:59
Hey guys,

Probably bit off topic here, but ill post up the next date to meet at the indoor go-kart place after i confirm with them. Looking at either 31st of May or 7th June.

Hopefully we will have a good dozen out this time!

Cheers

Keen to know when you're playing again so I can come for a peek

imdying
28th May 2010, 13:07
Keen to know when you're playing again so I can come for a peekPM your cell and/or email addy.