PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch practice

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th May 2010, 17:51
Saturday 15th May (weather permitting)
12:00 (lunchtime)
Location will be our Sockburn track 35 second ac lap time approx

Safety will be a high priority when we arrange these meetings so be sure to carefully read all rules.

The rules will be posted here within the next week and we will have them printed out on the day for those people who aren't from the forum.

We are hoping for more than half a dozen bikes.

All are welcome, we do not yet have enough bikes for separate classes so we will all be on the track at the same time. Aircooled, watercooled, standard and modified bikes.

Learners will be catered for so don't be afraid or intimidated by us mad bastards, learners are given a wide berth.

Send me a private message with your name and email address, I will email you back with location details.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
4th May 2010, 17:51
Christchurch Minimoto Racing Club Rules

Compulsory equipment
A full face helmet
Does not need to be immaculate, the odd scrape is acceptable
No helmets that have obviously taken a heavy fall
A visor is optional but highly recommended
Suitable gloves
No fingerless gloves
Suitable footwear
Laced footwear must have laces secured from entering into the running gear (i.e. chain and wheels) of the bike. Securing them to your ankles with masking tape is suitable.
Bike
Only use the large piece of carpet provided to work on your bike or refuel it
Nothing that leaks petrol at a discernable rate
No metal foot pegs of any description or manufacturer; nylon or other type of plastic only
Bar ends must be plugged with nylon
Wine bottle plastic corks acceptable
No coolant, straight water only
Bike must have an operational kill switch on either handle bar
Alcohol and Drugs

No rider or spectator may consume prohibited substances on the day of the race until the days racing is completed and the track closed.

Rubbish

As we are guests at every track, the outdoorsman maxim of “Leave only footprints” applies. Continued violations will result in expulsion from all events. Riders are responsible for their spectators, and thus can be penalised for their carelessness also.

Pit area
You may start your bike and/or tune it (for example, set the clutch or idle, test the brakes etc), but riding it at all is only to be done on the track and pit lane itself.
When entering the pits, pull completely to the side of the track and indicate your intention by raising a hand or putting your leg out, whatever is safest for you to do.
All repairs must be done in the pits. If any mechanical failure occurs, the rider must pick his or her bike up and make their way back to the pit area via the safest route possible. Off racing line, then off track, ASAP.

Junkers
8th May 2010, 21:48
So how about those rules?

CookMySock
8th May 2010, 22:12
So how about those rules?No pushing!

Steve

{.bLanK}G_o_D
9th May 2010, 09:45
Yip, they are coming. We were working on it last night. Should get something posted tonight.

Junkers
9th May 2010, 23:55
Saweet~! My answer comes down to how much kit i need to buy before then and whether my boss drags my arse into some health and safety bull on the 15th :angry: I have my fingers crossed

imdying
10th May 2010, 09:19
Mostly just the stuff we discussed the other day:
- No metal pegs
- Nothing that leaks gas (the odd overflow dribble is ok)
- Plug your bar ends with nylon or even plastic wine bottle corks
- Bring a shopping bag for your rubbish
- Helmets are compulsory
- Gloves are compulsory
- You can wear anything else you like, just cover all your skin and use your own judgement

If you need help with anything, ask away.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
10th May 2010, 20:37
Sorry about the delay, we want to have some (relatively) safe fun without being too officious!

If you need help with preparing your bikes (footpegs etc) please let us know ASAP, otherwise, we'll see you on Saturday :yes:

{.bLanK}G_o_D
10th May 2010, 20:39
Oh and we need a name that's a little more exciting than Christchurch Minimoto Club, so bring your ideas and/or thinking caps with you :sherlock:

{.bLanK}G_o_D
11th May 2010, 06:29
If you have a video camera and tripod, or a still camera that takes half decent video, bring it. The more video we can get the better.

CookMySock
11th May 2010, 08:42
Looking forward to videos! Congrats to the movers and shakers.

Steve

{.bLanK}G_o_D
11th May 2010, 17:55
Oh and Roadkills mountain of PMT's has arrived. Got a thousand dollars worth of PMT's? I do :yes:
Well they aren't mine officially, but possession is 9/10ths of the law. ;)

{.bLanK}G_o_D
11th May 2010, 18:04
Added "repairs in pits only" rule under pit area.

Junkers
11th May 2010, 21:50
And then the Christchurch mini moto chapter was born..

But more seriously..

You selling on any of those PMT's Point Blank?

{.bLanK}G_o_D
11th May 2010, 23:06
Hehe, nah these are Roadkills tyres, he's gonna sell Mal and I a front T40 each, which leaves him just about enough to deck out all his bikes with race tyres.
A set of race tyres costs somewhere around $250-300.

imdying
12th May 2010, 08:52
And then the Christchurch mini moto chapter was born..

But more seriously..

You selling on any of those PMT's Point Blank?We can get more, I'll need another set in a month :yes:

888mike
12th May 2010, 09:29
Hey guys if you need some PMTs oz minimoto do fast delivery and competitive prices.

imdying
12th May 2010, 09:50
And free stickers too :D

{.bLanK}G_o_D
12th May 2010, 18:01
I have nothing but praise for Darren @ Ozminimoto. By far the best service I have had when it comes to anything minimoto related.

mohawk
12th May 2010, 18:04
I have nothing but praise for Darren @ Ozminimoto. By far the best service I have had when it comes to anything minimoto related.

Well done guys.

A decent chain guard should be a must on the daytonas too.
+ 1 for OZ mini moto.

imdying
12th May 2010, 18:12
Yeah, happy to make people decent chain guards like the ones we use, but they'll need to supply their own sheet steel.

ozminimoto and newmanz are the pick of the bunch. Amanda from NZ Pocket Bike Imports didn't muck around either.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
15th May 2010, 11:02
Weather is good, got our spare bike running by about 2am last night for Dr Powell.
It's on!

onearmedbandit
15th May 2010, 11:05
I'll pop down for a laugh.

imdying
15th May 2010, 11:40
Fook yeah :D

Kickaha
15th May 2010, 16:18
Well there were enough crashes to keep me entertained while I was there :yes:

onearmedbandit
15th May 2010, 16:57
Got a lot of them on film too! Good to see you there Kick.

Foobin
15th May 2010, 19:10
Can everyone who took pic's/video's send me the good photo's and/or edited videos. Link's to the youtube video will be good too :)

fucharles@gmail.com

Cheers.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
15th May 2010, 20:16
Yep we have an ass load of footage to sift through.
Had a great day, plenty of carnage.
Still waiting for the best footage to arrive at my place for editing. Bloody camera drove away.:angry2:

Junkers
16th May 2010, 21:20
Turns out the footage I managed to get is in some weird .MTS format so that's a write off, cheers panasonic.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9585/imga0001r.jpg (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/imga0001r.jpg/)

daz71
16th May 2010, 21:44
Good setup down there guys love ya red and white tyres lol

CookMySock
16th May 2010, 22:19
Turns out the footage I managed to get is in some weird .MTS format so that's a write off, cheers panasonic. If you really want to convert it, mplayer should do it, but its going to be a little bit of dicking around.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html

$ mencoder 00001.MTS -o 1.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=2 -fps 50 -vf scale=1920:1080

Steve

onearmedbandit
17th May 2010, 00:22
Turns out the footage I managed to get is in some weird .MTS format so that's a write off, cheers panasonic.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9585/imga0001r.jpg (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/imga0001r.jpg/)

Junkers, I have the same camera as you, you should have the software included to convert to wmv format, it's a very simple process. If you don't, let me know as I do.

imdying
17th May 2010, 09:24

I've got some conversion software that sorts it out mate, don't delete it. If you can get me a HDD (portable or not, doesn't matter), we can give you all of the footage for the day already converted (there's a lot).

Just waiting for Phil to produce a video now.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
17th May 2010, 10:38
Ok, I now have the footage I was waiting for from Drew. There is some sweet footage in there, like of me, 1080i, knee down round the inside sweeper with sparks coming off my sliders. :Punk:
Good one of Drew going for a slide and trying to row his bike like a bloody canoe. I knew he had some coon in him. Good one of Mal showing off and totally loosing control, feet in the air, total Benny Hill shit. Another of me low siding on the exit of the hairpin, crossing the center of the track and nearly getting taking out by Dr Powell coming the other way. Gonna do something to make that corner a bit safer next time. Jason also had a scare exiting that corner.

Jeremy, Mal, Fraser, Sal, Charles, Mandy, Jason, Warwick, your all welcome to pop round here to watch the footage if you want. We are gonna suss out how the best way of dealing with these .MTS file is going to be. I'm also capped until this weekend so wont be uploading anything till then.

onearmedbandit
17th May 2010, 18:28
Ok, I now have the footage I was waiting for from Drew. There is some sweet footage in there, like of me, 1080i, knee down round the inside sweeper with sparks coming off my sliders. :Punk:
Good one of Drew going for a slide and trying to row his bike like a bloody canoe. I knew he had some coon in him. Good one of Mal showing off and totally loosing control, feet in the air, total Benny Hill shit. Another of me low siding on the exit of the hairpin, crossing the center of the track and nearly getting taking out by Dr Powell coming the other way. Gonna do something to make that corner a bit safer next time. Jason also had a scare exiting that corner.

Jeremy, Mal, Fraser, Sal, Charles, Mandy, Jason, Warwick, your all welcome to pop round here to watch the footage if you want. We are gonna suss out how the best way of dealing with these .MTS file is going to be. I'm also capped until this weekend so wont be uploading anything till then.

.MTS files play directly on a PS3, looks great on a high def TV. Hey, I've got both...

Junkers
17th May 2010, 23:14
Ah sweet, yeah I haven't deleted it. Borrowed the camera off a mate so I'll have to hit him up. Though my shaky hands don't really do the video's any justice. I did manage to film whoever nearly crashed into the wall though. :D

Cheers Malcolm, I'll see if I can grab the footage off Phil as I'm keen to get that jet off him aswell.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
18th May 2010, 00:06
I did manage to film whoever nearly crashed into the wall though. :D

Cheers Malcolm, I'll see if I can grab the footage off Phil as I'm keen to get that jet off him aswell.

Haha me 2. That was Drew.
Yep tomorrow evening is cool.

We had heaps of random people stop and have a gander as we are right beside a state highway.
People which included a nice chap named Chris and his two kids. What made him stand out from everybody else that stopped for a look was Chris had a very nice professional looking camera.
He was perched on a not so safe spot beside the pits so we asked him nicely to find a safer spot to photograph, he was more than happy to oblige. Malcolm had a quick chat to him, passed on an email address, and we have the most stunning looking photos.
Check them out in my album Here. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/album.php?albumid=3550)

{.bLanK}G_o_D
2nd June 2010, 00:47
Its not perfect but Premiere was doing all sorts of funky things.
Couple of timing issues I wasn't happy about but I should have finished this 2 weeks ago.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hK7FpJjKOQ

imdying
2nd June 2010, 14:00
That's a cool video man, loving the MotoGP like titling!

Nutter34
2nd June 2010, 15:09
Looks like fun.

Gonna have to find a carpark here somewhere... Bring out the GoPro...

{.bLanK}G_o_D
2nd June 2010, 16:34
Yep, was a good idea to experiment with overlaying race data. It will make our "race" video look like a MotoGP race.
Any amateur (or professional) commentators out there who want to commentate a race video for us? If you sound like Julian Ryder or Toby Moody even better!

schrodingers cat
2nd June 2010, 18:24
Cool vid!
I have a GPS based Data logger and a Video overlay box that allows you to write data traces (configurable) real time on a video stream. So what you see is similar to the Aussie V8 coverage where they show the throttle/brake/G stuff on the incar footage.

Keen to come and watch you guys next time you play

{.bLanK}G_o_D
2nd June 2010, 18:34
Cool vid!
I have a GPS based Data logger and a Video overlay box that allows you to write data traces (configurable) real time on a video stream. So what you see is similar to the Aussie V8 coverage where they show the throttle/brake/G stuff on the incar footage.

Keen to come and watch you guys next time you play

Cheers man.
Dude your the man. We definatly need to discuss a deal there.
Have you been in contact with Mal bout when and where we'll be?

imdying
2nd June 2010, 20:16
Yup, I've got his details, I'll txt him if we go out this weekend.