PDA

View Full Version : Rebar

Dare
7th May 2010, 12:58
Anyone know where I could get some for cheaps?
Need it for an electrolytic de-rusting project, thanks!

Edit: Oh and a bin/barrel/giant bucket of some description would be good too

nosebleed
7th May 2010, 13:26
Got shit loads in East Tamaki.

Free if you want it.

Dare
7th May 2010, 13:48
Got shit loads in East Tamaki.

Free if you want it.
Fair drive from here but I'm down if there's nothing closer to home, cheers.
Does it need cutting up? Got an estate..

nosebleed
7th May 2010, 14:22
All sorts of lengths from full 6m to off-cuts from 100mm upwards.

I'll PM you the address if/when you want to go ahead.

gwigs
7th May 2010, 14:43
If you are in Beach Haven(guessing The Haven means that) I have some rebar you can have and I can cut it to whatever length you want.
Just PM me .

Real_Wolf
7th May 2010, 17:35
yah, he's in beach haven, now i'm gonna have to go find out what he's up to (curiousity isa bitch)

Mom
7th May 2010, 17:44
Forgive my ignorance, what's rebar? yes I could google it, but it is much more fun to have it explained to me :D

Coldrider
7th May 2010, 18:18
reinforcing steel, as used in comcrete foundations.

Slyer
7th May 2010, 18:20
Think the shit that reinforces concrete.
//edit: Beaten

twotyred
7th May 2010, 18:20
Forgive my ignorance, what's rebar? yes I could google it, but it is much more fun to have it explained to me :D

the american term for reinforcing steel... didn't realise it had taken hold here... global village I guess...

Mom
7th May 2010, 18:22
the american term for reinforcing steel... didn't realise it had taken hold here... global village I guess...

:doh: Why did he not just say that then? Thank you. It was something I had never heard before.

Coldrider
7th May 2010, 18:24
:doh: Why did he not just say that then? Thank you. It was something I had never heard before.saves blowing the dust off the cone of silence, chief.

Dare
7th May 2010, 21:47
:doh: Why did he not just say that then? Thank you. It was something I had never heard before.

If you had it you would know what it was :p
Thanks all thats sorted I think, now just need a big bin/barrel/container to uhm, modify.

jono035
8th May 2010, 21:32
If you had it you would know what it was :p
Thanks all thats sorted I think, now just need a big bin/barrel/container to uhm, modify.

If it needs to be plastic (i.e. for a plating/etching tank type thing) then the warehouse has a pretty good selection for cheap, or a fish bin from mitre10 mega? Failing that you can get plastic 100L ex-fert drums from various places for cheap too, can smell a bit if they're one of the fish based ones...

Edit: Or appropriate a wheely bin from somewhere (cough cough)

motorbyclist
9th May 2010, 11:30
wheelie bins are even easy to move

jono035
9th May 2010, 14:12
wheelie bins are even easy to move

This is true... Just lash the handles to the back of your bike and you're set...

firefighter
9th May 2010, 14:29
Forgive my ignorance, what's rebar?

It's what Speedy gonzales says when he takes off running......geeze. You know, underlay, underlay, rebar rebar! :buggerd:

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/c/cartoon_speedy_gonzales-5258.jpg

(could'nt help it, I did'nt get enough attention as a child)

Phurrball
10th May 2010, 17:49
If you're after bits and pieces without too much travel, most builders' merchants will probably have some offcuts lying around - should be a PLacemakers, Carters, Bunnings etc somewhere near you.

Dare
14th May 2010, 13:22
Getting there...

jono035
14th May 2010, 14:56
Nice... Got a multi-meter to see how much current is going in?

Also, grab yourself some sulfuric from a chem lab (or dilute some cheap battery acid frmo supercheap), some clothing dye and you're good to go for home anodizing, too...

Dare
14th May 2010, 15:32
Grab yourself some sulfuric from a chem lab (or dilute some cheap battery acid frmo supercheap), some clothing dye and you're good to go for home anodizing, too...

Got another fish bin and about 5 dead batteries to try that with =D