PDA

View Full Version : AAAH! They've stopped making them! GSX250 rocker gasket!

High Lord
17th May 2010, 17:50
There comes a time in every bikes life.....:bye:

My 81 gsx250 is pissin oil from the top cover gasket, and apparantly they don't make 'em no more... well suzuki don't.

Any headz up on a good ol' bikes part place?

F5 Dave
17th May 2010, 17:53
an engine reconditioner would make one up for you or know of a place that would. Or just buy some material from repco & cut one yourself (helps to have 6mm hole punch, but they are cheap). It isn't that hard.

Mom
17th May 2010, 17:58
Buy some gasket paper the same thickness as your gasket. In the good old days we used to use bearing blue on the face of the cover, but one of my fab mentors showed me the trusty lead pencil trick. Cut around the outside of the cover with a "sharp" blade. Then lift off and cut the inside outline. Take your time. Punch the holes for bolts/oil galleries and hey presto, instant new gasket :yes:

Mom
17th May 2010, 17:59
There comes a time in every bikes life.....:bye:

My 81 gsx250 is pissin oil from the top cover gasket, and apparantly they don't make 'em no more... well suzuki don't.

Any headz up on a good ol' bikes part place?

EDIT: Join the social group Blast From the Past. There are some amazing people in there, your bike is a mere baby compared to some :yes:

Laava
17th May 2010, 18:20
http://www.suziparts.com.au/
Try these guys. You have to ask them as they do not have a database as yet. I am picking that your bike has a neoprene moulded gasket? Very hard to repair or make but do-able in the event you can't get your bits. Sometimes the only way to get obscure gaskets is to buy a kit. Meh!

High Lord
17th May 2010, 19:25
yep, Laava, yr right. its got molded nobbly bits so you can see the ends of the cams for adjusting the tappety things, . Will check them out. cheers!

F5 Dave
18th May 2010, 09:13
Ahh yes so it did (20 mumble mumble years since I had one).