PDA

View Full Version : For sale - minimotos

CibbyBabe
1st June 2010, 15:25
Hey guys, me and Scotty595 are selling our minimotos. So there are 2 and a spare engine and also other spare bits and pieces. One has a broken pull start just need a new one or can take the other mini's pull start, the other bike needs a new back tyre. They both need a little work on them.. they both have their full fairings. Make an offer :Punk: :yes:

imdying
1st June 2010, 15:35
$50 + postage (about $75 to chch?) :yes:

Nutter34
1st June 2010, 17:30
$51 + postage...

Can see this going bad quick, lol...

PS: Could you please add a pic, so we can see the condition of them.

CibbyBabe
1st June 2010, 17:51
Lol - we arent gonna take $50 or $51 for that matter....

we paid $450 for one and $250 for the other at xmas so looking for hopefully about $400 for the 2 of them and all their parts.

i will pop up some photos hopefully tomoro :)

imdying
2nd June 2010, 09:55
The offers are reasonably given you have two broken minimotos of unknown types that you probably paid too much for. It sounds like what you really want is to create a trademe auction.

CookMySock
2nd June 2010, 13:29
Ok I've seen these bikes, and worked on them. They are both in tidy-to-new condition, and there is a good collection of hot bits on one of them. Maybe they did pay a little too much for them, but there is no real concern with them being complete junk, as they aren't. Scotty and his family turned up and we spent the whole day working with him to get his bikes solid, and I have no reason to suspect that he has completely destroyed them by now. He's a little mechanically inept, but he's not a complete vandal like us. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I should keep my mouth shut and get a bargain, but this young couple deserves at the very least least half their money back on their quite tidy gear, and even that is somewhat of an injustice, so no sharking them please.

Steve

Nutter34
2nd June 2010, 13:38
Ok I've seen these bikes, and worked on them. They are both in tidy-to-new condition, and there is a good collection of hot bits on one of them. Maybe they did pay a little too much for them, but there is no real concern with them being complete junk, as they aren't. Scotty and his family turned up and we spent the whole day working with him to get his bikes solid, and I have no reason to suspect that he has completely destroyed them by now. He's a little mechanically inept, but he's not a complete vandal like us. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I should keep my mouth shut and get a bargain, but this young couple deserves at the very least least half their money back on their quite tidy gear, and even that is somewhat of an injustice, so no sharking them please.

Steve

Fair enough. But starting the ad without any reference to make etc. leaves it open for low offers (also, considering we need to keep shipping costs in mind). For all we knew, it could have been two Trademe specials, broken ones at that...

Since you've seen them, could you enlighten everyone please?

One Trademe special and one what?

imdying
2nd June 2010, 13:46
This young couple deserves at the very least least half their money back on their quite tidy gear, and even that is somewhat of an injustice, so no sharking them please.They definitely want a trademe auction then :yes:

OP, if maximum return is your goal, make sure you run one auction for each bike, and sell the parts in another :yes:

Pullstarts are worth next to nothing, as a chinker tyres, do both of those things and they'll be worth double what they are now :yes:

Nutter34
2nd June 2010, 13:57
True. Running bikes would be worth more to 90% of the buying population.

For the mechanically minded, they want these cheap since it'll be a quick fix...

Good luck with the sales.

CookMySock
2nd June 2010, 14:32
I don't even know the brands of the bikes I have, so I can't give you detailed info on brands, but I saw these bikes over the summer, and they were both brand-spankers new, and certainly looked a lot tidier than anything I have, or indeed most of the bikes at the track.

If nothing has since been run over by a car, there should be two near brand-new bikes in near track-ready condition, one standard aircooled, and one hotted up aircooled (carb, head, exhaust etc). Certainly after two of the most experienced guys in our club had finished with them they were both going damn good. I have no reason to believe they are not perfectly mint as-offered today.

It seems there are some goodies with the bikes as well, and as such this would be an ideal package for someone with $400 to spend who wanted to launch into the standard and modified classes - the ideal starting point before adding a water-cooled bike once you had got to grips with it.

If you bought "new" today, you would be up for $500 for two standard bikes, and they would not be track-ready and breathed on by the experts, and then theres the couple hundred bucks worth of hot-up bits and spares. Anyone who knows chinese pocket bikes will understand how important it is to have an experienced hand give them the once or twice over before they go onto the track.

Sorry if I ruined someone getting a bargain, but Scotty and Sam are barely more than teenagers, and after meeting them I feel I owe them a little bit.

No crunching please.

Steve

Gadgit
2nd June 2010, 19:42
Would the experts be members of the Hillbillys?? if so apart from the team name suggesting otherwise Ken and Geoff know there Daytonas

Scotty595
2nd June 2010, 21:57
Okay, Give me a bit of time, I will see what is working/not working, make an inventory of parts etc, get them all up to perfect working condition and then reinvent this Thread :D

CibbyBabe
3rd June 2010, 10:32
reinvent the thread? Thanks a lot!

Scotty595
3rd June 2010, 10:37
reinvent the thread? Thanks a lot!

Jeez, i mean reopen. whatever :p

888mike
3rd June 2010, 10:38
Hey Scotty shame to see you guys not coming back good luck with the sale of your bikes shame your not closer other wise you could bring them to the track and sell them. I will spread the word in our club. Cheers Mike

firefighter
3rd June 2010, 11:29
Put up some photos and a trademe link.

In this day and age, would you seriously look into purchasing something you ca'nt even see a pic of?! It's really easy to add photos.