PDA

View Full Version : Qind slicks...

Nutter34
3rd June 2010, 14:24
Anyone had experience with these?

Newmanz has slicks on their site, supposedly Zhongya but if you look at the pic, they are Qind.

Yes, they are cheap. But how do they compare. The Zhongya are supposed to be okay for what they are.

So, anyone run them, how's the life. At this stage it's more of a requirement than grip. We killed the standard tyre in a few nights, so want more from new tyres.

Thanks.

imdying
3rd June 2010, 15:33
Just buy PMTs or Savas (haven't tried Savas, so no personal opinion, but come well recommended).

Seriously, you can do crazy shit on them. I know you're exactly where we were not long ago (you feel life is most important, not grip), but you really have to try them to appreciate how much more fun they are. Plus, you will get the extra life you're looking for.

With the T41s, I found:
- they're actually round.
- they're easier to fit.
- they last longer
- the grip is impressive
- they slide progressively, you can pick the bike up off your knee more reliably (where the Chinese tyre would let go and that was your lot) (I'm talking car park speeds, no idea what would happen on a real track!)
- haven't seen one blister or bulge yet

Get them for life, get them for safety, get them for grip, get them cause they're a name brand, whatever reason you like, but get them!

The first time I rode on them, I kept doing the same corner over and over, no more precarious feeling, just hmmmm, just how hard can I go into this corner!

888mike
3rd June 2010, 15:34
Hey there, I had a gind on one of my standards when I bought it. It lasted one race meeting so I would specify that you wan't Zhongya not Gind as they are shit, and that was when I was under 80kg but I am 85kg now and the Zhongyas wear ok on standard and modified Daytonas but once you go watercooled you need excelent rubber (PMT or Sava). good luck, Mike

Nutter34
3rd June 2010, 15:59
Thanks guys.

Looks like I'll have to do a 'big spend' at some stage.

I was kind of hoping to get the Zhongya just because we are trying to stay as cheap as possible. It makes it better for everyone and more even and fun 'racing' (the other guys definately cannot afford PMT's or SAVAs). Time will tell. If we're still going in a few weeks/months, it'll be worth spending. It may just be another craze, lol...

imdying
3rd June 2010, 16:17
Darren from OzMiniMoto had some cheap Savas on his site, about $35AUD or something shocking. If you're thinking of sticking with it, it'll be cheaper in the long run... look at our latest video, all those tyres painted in red and white strips... they all had rubber on them at some stage :o

Nutter34
3rd June 2010, 16:55
Had a look on the site. Thanks.

How crucial is construction? They have the MRC, suited to over 70kg. I'm not quite there, lol.

Yeah, I may just opt to get a few of those.

Good thinking batman.

{.bLanK}G_o_D
3rd June 2010, 17:12
If you're going to get PMT's or Savas, 1 thing i have noticed is that the slow air cooled bikes won't get the rubber up to temp, not like a water cooled bike. So if you get the choice get a softer compound. I got T41's for mine (medium), wish I had gone with T43's (soft).

Reinforced sidewalls are important for heavier riders, I wouldn't think you will have a problem using reinforced sidewalls for a lightweight rider.

Nutter34
3rd June 2010, 17:18
Hahahahaha...

Seems I have a no-win situation going....

Okay, where we ride is a mix of concrete and tar seal. Course. What would be the better compromise then? Oh yes, cold too at the moment. How much does that change the decision?

BigAl
3rd June 2010, 21:08
Hey Nutter, thought i'd put my 2c in.

I've been running Savas on one w/c and Pmts on the other, in cold weather (prob not as cold as you get) i prefer the Savas, MA all round and in summer I run a Ma front and Mb back, although heard Mcs ok in hotter weather. I'm under 70kg and have run MRAs fine but they are harder to fit as not as flexible, run them all tyres a little softer 20psi (fly wt, 25 heavy wt) in the cold.
The other bike I run PMT41's all round although if had preference would run a 43 on the front. If you can still get a set of Savas cheap go for them As,Bs or Cs as they'll last heaps longer and you'll have more fun, highsides hurt...... :-)

mohawk
3rd June 2010, 21:35
Im running savas from ozminimoto on my 2 standard d2s and my D2 modified. MA on the rears and MBs on the front. They come up to temp and stick like hell, just ask anyone whos followed me (most of the Edgecumbe club. lol . )
Im 70 kg and the mbs are lasting good, but after about 10 race meets the MAs are half gone. I would have gone for MBs all round but they only had MA rears cheap.
Check my youtube for some idea if it helps.

mohawk
3rd June 2010, 21:39
Zahongas last well and are well worth buying if your not proper raceing, Newmans has always sent me them if ive asked for them by name, Hes good to deal with and knows his stuff IMO.

mr_penguin
4th June 2010, 09:26
Thinking of PMT's anyonne know of a source of T41's ? seems oz mini has sold out..

I don't think the local importers have any either.

I'd like a set for my reverse grc rep... can't help the zonggi's will put me in a mohawk splat
video on youtube........ or maybe in a tree out of turn 1 !...... :shutup:

Ian.

Nutter34
4th June 2010, 13:02
Thanks for the input.

It appears that I have to buy six tyres from Oz. Shipping is $150 for the six.

I might just try a cheap one for now. See if it's okay for the playing we do.

imdying
4th June 2010, 14:03
It'll be ok... it'll just wear out and you'll be back to square one is all. Combat that by buying two sets ;)

mohawk
4th June 2010, 14:39
Imdying has a good point, last thing you want to do is have to sell a bike with near new race tyres on it .lol. I got about 8 meetings out of a pair of zahongas . If there is no raceing in your area and you and your mates are all on china slicks , I wouldnt see much point in spending so much on race tyres myself .

newmanz
6th September 2010, 19:20
Zahongas last well and are well worth buying if your not proper raceing, Newmans has always sent me them if ive asked for them by name, Hes good to deal with and knows his stuff IMO.

Thanks for your kind words m8.
Yeah have Zhongya's in stock. (even though picture shows a Qind tyre..DoH!! ... will change that when I get a chance)