PDA

View Full Version : Boxes, black.

Ocean1
3rd June 2010, 20:34
What do we think about these then?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/blogs/drivetalk/3732369/Black-Boxes-I-m-all-for-them

Bloody good idea I reckon, orta be standard issue on everything.

schrodingers cat
3rd June 2010, 20:44
Bloody good idea I reckon, orta be standard issue on everything.

Just imbed them at birth.

Usarka
3rd June 2010, 20:45
Go LouG!

EJK
3rd June 2010, 20:50
Insurance companies will be happy.

Ocean1
3rd June 2010, 21:02
Insurance companies will be happy.

Yeah. I'd be OK with carrying one, if it was readable after the event only. Not keen on plod downloading all my recent indiscretions at a random compulsory stop...

FJRider
3rd June 2010, 21:17
An increasing number of commercial vehicles are fitted with similar systems now....

Hitcher
3rd June 2010, 21:42
Being held responsible for one's own actions will never catch on.

FJRider
3rd June 2010, 21:49
If the vehicle is stolen ... and its movements can be tracked/traced ....

98tls
3rd June 2010, 21:55
Bring it on,wonderful idea.Can it just be delayed until ive done my time,black boxes,traction control,abs and compulsory waving takes all the fun out of motorcycles.Ta.

EJK
3rd June 2010, 21:57
Bring it on,wonderful idea.Can it just be delayed until ive done my time,black boxes,traction control,abs and compulsory waving takes all the fun out of motorcycles.Ta.

Counting every wheelies, loss traction, heavy braking, etc

Insurance companies will be VERY happy.

Ocean1
3rd June 2010, 22:18
Being held responsible for one's own actions will never catch on.

No, look, you can see right here... that savage unrestrained ferile shrub mugged me, it's all on tape...

CookMySock
3rd June 2010, 22:50
I think its a good idea, IF they will allow some leeway for drivers who do not cause issues.

There are drivers out there who do NOT cause problems or incur expenses for the rest of society, and conversely there are road users who do. Those who don't should be given due respect, and those who do should be stood on firmly. This way, people who cause problems have the law enforced on them firmly, and those whose actions increase everyone elses freedoms have their own freedom increased in return. True justice.

Steve

Dodgyiti
4th June 2010, 06:38
Yes pleebs, please find more ways of controlling and monitoring me.

Urano
4th June 2010, 09:20
it's something somebody thinks on even here in europe.
i'd be theoretically pro, but in real world i'm way contrary, at least in the real italian world.

the problem is, here, that administrations fail their duties and charge drivers and riders for it.
i mean: you've got a hole in the tarmac? well, let's call somebody and fix it. no, here is not so simple. so they'll put a 40 plate, so if you are going at a normal 50 kmh speed and fall and die for that damn hole it's your fault.
then there are local administrations without any money from the national (i mean, ALL local administrations are without any money, especially from the national admin...): by law the ticket revenue should be used to improve the street safety and to promote safety courses and bla bla bla... but, what a case!, the promoter of the law "forgot" to specify the fees for administrations that don't do that, so all the majors in italy found a quick solution to find money for their administration. they put a 30 limit plate on a 2 lane per direction large road with a speed camera behind it, and stated that nobody will EVER slow down to that speed, they'll have all the money they needed...
so you want to put a black box on my car in those conditions? fuck you!...
they are not working for my safety, they are working to cover other's financial needs...

Jantar
4th June 2010, 09:46
I did like this comment:

It works both ways. A case in Canterbury used evidence from a motorist's GPS system to prove to the court that he was not doing the speed he was said to have done by radar. GPS systems, which in advanced forms are used to accurately time race cars and test vehicles, are regarded as more reliable than moving or static radar devices and speed cameras.

So much for the Cops claiming that GPS isn't going to be accepted as evidence in court.

CookMySock
4th June 2010, 10:24
So much for the Cops claiming that GPS isn't going to be accepted as evidence in court.The cops will use any tactic they can, including outright lying. It's not about law enforcement, it's personal.

Steve

Coldrider
4th June 2010, 14:31
I did like this comment:

So much for the Cops claiming that GPS isn't going to be accepted as evidence in court.GPS is where their replacement speed tracking technology is coming from. Hence we should support the police in this standing, heh heh.

schrodingers cat
4th June 2010, 18:31
If the vehicle is stolen ... and its movements can be tracked/traced ....

Don't you remember that NZ reality TV show where the car was kitted with hidden cameras and GPS burglar alarm. The police were too busy to respond and the baddies got away clean.