PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Mobile mechanic in Lower Hutt

pieman
29th June 2010, 15:45
Hi,

I'm looking at a used bike and the guy isn't keen for me to take it away to be checked at a bike shop, does anyone know of a mobile mechanic or one thats happy to travel a wee bit?

Or any mechanically minded members who would do a menchanical check on a bike for me for a fee?

Thanks
Q

glegge
29th June 2010, 17:13
what kind of bike is it?.

Gavin (still learning to say no....)

Crasherfromwayback
29th June 2010, 17:16
I'll happily have a wee look at it for you if you're stuck mate.

Pete

pieman
29th June 2010, 17:41
Thanks for the responses guys, well this is the bike:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=299816676

Not everyones cuppa tea, but I'm on a tight budget and it looks like it has the rght potential for a project for me to chip away at, I know cosmetically it needs some work. But if with not too much effort it can run well I'd like to buy it.

I've seen it and it starts and idles really nice, but just dies in the mid range, the owner says as its been sitting round for ages the carbs need a good clean and tune and it'll be fine, if this is the case then I'd like to buy it, just need someone to have a look at it and confirm that. I called up TSS and they don't do a mobile service. The bike is in Gracefield hopefully you guys are local.

And if your keen I'd happily pay you to do the tune up on the bike.

Thanks
Quin

vindy500
29th June 2010, 17:51
I work on the assumption that if someone doesn't trust you enough to get something checked out/ let you test ride then their probably not the kind of person you should trust to buy something off.

pieman
29th June 2010, 17:54
Thanks Vindy500 - I do thend to agree, and thats whats making me proceed with caution.

As the bikes not Vinned getting it to a workshop and checked then back to the guy is a bit time consuming for him, and he's saying he's not in a hurry to sell the bike so its AIWI.

Gibbo89
29th June 2010, 18:08
bit off topic, but that is a pretty sweet looking cruiser. specially that shot from the back of it. good luck

Crasherfromwayback
29th June 2010, 18:25
Thanks Vindy500 - I do thend to agree, and thats whats making me proceed with caution.

As the bikes not Vinned getting it to a workshop and checked then back to the guy is a bit time consuming for him, and he's saying he's not in a hurry to sell the bike so its AIWI.

Just had a wee look at it mate...and the 400 is a pretty good wee unit. BUT...there could be more work than you think to get it vinned etc.

But as I've said...I can grab a bike from work and ride out to see it if you like.

pieman
29th June 2010, 21:29
Thanks,

I've sent a PM wth more details etc.

cherrs
q