PDA

View Full Version : Pocket bike problems

Ryan/rossi
8th July 2010, 14:46
My uncle got me a 49cc air cooled pocket bike.Its one of those black and white west ones although this one has lights and indicators...Anyway i bought for $50 and replaced the clutch and piston as one of the piston rings broke got into the exhuast port and then onto the top of the piston and proceeded to self distruct.I recently traded it to my dad for a AX 100 bucket racer. He wants to get it running right.

The pocket will start and idle but when i rev it the clutch wont engage i have loosened the springs as much as possible but this didnt work i am thinking of building a new clutch from both old and new clutches.But alas i am not sure if this is the problem.

The other thing is carb drips fuek i have read in these forums that it is just muck in the carby. Anyway these problems can be related?

Cheers

Ray LeCheminant
8th July 2010, 19:13
My uncle got me a 49cc air cooled pocket bike.Its one of those black and white west ones although this one has lights and indicators...Anyway i bought for $50 and replaced the clutch and piston as one of the piston rings broke got into the exhuast port and then onto the top of the piston and proceeded to self distruct.I recently traded it to my dad for a AX 100 bucket racer. He wants to get it running right.

The pocket will start and idle but when i rev it the clutch wont engage i have loosened the springs as much as possible but this didnt work i am thinking of building a new clutch from both old and new clutches.But alas i am not sure if this is the problem.

The other thing is carb drips fuek i have read in these forums that it is just muck in the carby. Anyway these problems can be related?

Cheers

Does the clutch had the keyway installed? - some have a keyway, some don't ...ensure it is tight or it will free spin

Ryan/rossi
9th July 2010, 12:49
Last night i stripped the engine down to nothing and rebuilt it. When i started it and gave it a rev the bike started to pull away and in the end i rode down the street. Cheers