PDA

View Full Version : Turbo and BOV?

sly94
13th July 2010, 13:59
is ti posible to put a turbo and a bov in to a pit bike not the electrical turbos but the proper car turbo and bov:blink:

McWild
13th July 2010, 15:15
If you have to ask, you shouldn't be trying.

imdying
13th July 2010, 15:35
Yes, of course it is.

bogan
13th July 2010, 15:40
is ti posible to put a turbo and a bov in to a pit bike not the electrical turbos but the proper car turbo and bov:blink:

If you can find one small enough, and the internals can take it, doubtfull on both counts I reckon. Pit bikes are 125cc or less iirc, smallest turbo'd car i know of is 600cc so it probably wouldn't spool up very well at all.

R6_kid
13th July 2010, 18:49
has been done, but you need to have a separate oil supply and pump setup. I've sent it done on a 70cc minimotard.

j_redley
13th July 2010, 19:34
Why would you bother on a pit bike?

If you can find a small turbo it would work, but chances are by the time the exhaust has built up enough pressure to spool the turbo and give you the boost, your gonna need to be slowing down again. You might be better off actually looking into one of the electric ones, and/or finding a deep pocket so you can strengthen all of the internals including piston and crankshaft

Spanner Man
13th July 2010, 20:19
Hey i tend to agree about the turbo being difficult to find one suitably sized for a 125. However check out the Peugeot Jetforce Scooter It's supercharged, could be another way to go?

bogan
13th July 2010, 20:22
Hey i tend to agree about the turbo being difficult to find one suitably sized for a 125. However check out the Peugeot Jetforce Scooter It's supercharged, could be another way to go?

would be pretty wicked, if you go for a supercharger, you gotta go with exposed throttle butterflys I reckon, pure awesome :D

j_redley
13th July 2010, 20:49
Just remember that Superchargers also take horsepower just to drive the damn things....