PDA

View Full Version : Attn all young Auckland riders!

Gucci
23rd July 2010, 00:53
Calling all YOUNG riders!

Im wondering is there is any young Auckland riders who want to join me riding in the weekends with the group.
Normally we ride Sunday, except im the youngest one (22) in the group.
I want to meet and ride with some younger riders.
Be even cooler to find any females to ride with me! (as im a chikky too)
So message me if your keen to come out.
Normally we do rides between 100km-300kms round trip including a stop at the pub/cafe for lunch. Riding all over the North Island.
Hope to hear from a few of you

Slyer
23rd July 2010, 01:22
I'm sure someone will be interested.
Expect club rides with us once the warmer months roll around. :)

Thani-B
23rd July 2010, 01:33
Yeah when the weather is a bit nicer I'd be keen, it's always good to meet new riders.

PirateJafa
23rd July 2010, 01:42
I couldn't possibly go riding, leaving KB all by itself neglected at home!

Besides, people would actually need to fix their bikes before they could do some riding again. ;) *cough* Andrew *cough* Duncan *cough* Sam *cough* Joe *cough*

More seriously though, on a nice weekend, there's usually a few of us keen to go for a blat somewhere - anywhere! :)

Slyer
23rd July 2010, 01:54
Bitch, my bike works fine.
In fact, I almost have two working bikes.

Gremlin
23rd July 2010, 03:33
Normally we do rides between 100km-300kms round trip including a stop at the pub/cafe for lunch. Riding all over the North Island.
hmmm I see a problem in your plan. 150km one way is hardly going to get you across the north island... you'd need to do at least 500km one way :sunny:

Bitch, my bike works fine.
In fact, I almost have two working bikes.
Having two almost working bikes does not add to 1.6 bikes, meaning you have more than 1 working bike. You still have two bikes that don't work. :yes:

Real_Wolf
23rd July 2010, 12:05

Besides, people would actually need to fix their bikes before they could do some riding again. ;) *cough* Andrew *cough* Duncan *cough* Sam *cough* Joe *cough*

More seriously though, on a nice weekend, there's usually a few of us keen to go for a blat somewhere - anywhere! :)

Aw, you left me out. My bike is in a sad state of disrepair

PirateJafa
23rd July 2010, 12:06
Aw, you left me out. My bike is in a sad state of disrepair

Who are you?

Gucci
23rd July 2010, 12:06
[QUOTE=Gremlin;1129817738]hmmm I see a problem in your plan. 150km one way is hardly going to get you across the north island... you'd need to do at least 500km one way :sunny:

You have the wrong end of the stick buddy:confused:
We ride all over the north island is meaning we sometimes go north, sometimes go south etc...
And not all rides are big rides, as some people arnt as confident as others.
Sometimes we will do over 400kms, but thats not all the time :yes:

All I was doing is giving you a general idea of what sort of riding I do so you dont turn up on a scooter and expect to keep up :scooter:

So thanks for you lovely in site and have a nice day:sunny:

Gucci
23rd July 2010, 12:09
hmmm I see a problem in your plan. 150km one way is hardly going to get you across the north island... you'd need to do at least 500km one way :sunny:

We ride all over the north island is meaning we sometimes go north, sometimes go south etc...

All I was doing is giving you a general idea of what sort of riding I do so you dont turn up on a scooter and expect to keep up :scooter:

So thanks for your lovely in site and have a nice day:sunny:

The Pastor
23rd July 2010, 12:55

you left me off the list :O

TOTO
23rd July 2010, 13:10

So thanks for your lovely in site and have a nice day:sunny:

Well thats a problem coz Gremlin always turns up on a scooter with black hellium balloons attached to it. Cant even keep it on the ground the poor chap.

He is only 13 - how young do you like your riders to be ?

Gucci
23rd July 2010, 14:35
Well thats a problem coz Gremlin always turns up on a scooter with black hellium balloons attached to it. Cant even keep it on the ground the poor chap.

He is only 13 - how young do you like your riders to be ?

HAHAAHA GOLD!:clap:
ummm legal lol!

Hanne
23rd July 2010, 15:17
If anyone has an event they are organising that they want to inform others of, let me know in advance so it can also go out in the newsletter.

:)

Hanne

The Pastor
23rd July 2010, 15:49
HAHAAHA GOLD!:clap:
ummm legal lol!

come to the strata bar in auckland uni tonight from 4.30pm-6ish, i wont be there but im sure some of the smc will be haha

Gremlin
24th July 2010, 04:44
hey! I hide my mental age real good! Don't worry, I'm playing. A good ride for me is chasing the ugly Bastard Toto for 600 km+

crazyhorse
24th July 2010, 08:30

Im wondering is there is any young Auckland riders who want to join me riding in the weekends with the group.

Good to see you are being pro-active to find peeps to ride with, good on ya :niceone: ride safe and happy times :)

Antonio
24th July 2010, 08:41

I will be interested, pm me the details, date, route, how many coming,

Cheers :)

Suntoucher
24th July 2010, 11:37
Organise a ride and they will come. I'd amble along myself, but the devil is in the details. On a baby little 250 though so will probably flag at the back.

motorbyclist
24th July 2010, 16:15

I'll have you know that both my road bikes are going fine at the moment!

one of them even has petrol in it!

PirateJafa
24th July 2010, 16:34

But what'll happen when Stephen wants his petrol back?

jono035
24th July 2010, 22:05

Got that horn mounted to the RVF yet?

motorbyclist
25th July 2010, 21:50
Got that horn mounted to the RVF yet?

nope

ended up scoring a Fiamm Freeway Blaster for $20. Mounted it where the stock horn goes and runs ok on the stock wiring even though I've left that piggy back loom in there for later work if the need arises or i have a reattempt at fitting the nautilus :) (really just cbf pulling it back out)

Gucci
26th July 2010, 02:04
I will be interested, pm me the details, date, route, how many coming,

Cheers :)

HAHAAH
Its saying my site involvement is not enough to send private messages LOL
so feel free to send me 1!!!

ill find out details of this weekends ride and post it.....
how many come vary's from 6-18 bikes...

Danae
26th July 2010, 08:22
Organise a ride and they will come. I'd amble along myself, but the devil is in the details. On a baby little 250 though so will probably flag at the back.

If I go I''m on a little baby 150 ;)

Suntoucher
26th July 2010, 11:41
Guess I'll definitely be there if you are, then. Heh.

Pretty sure a 150 is more mid-conception if a 250 is a baby(and it is). Your FXR is thrusting its way to success.

Slyer
26th July 2010, 13:45
Danae will school you with her 20hp on tap.

PirateJafa
26th July 2010, 14:01
That coming from the man with the rabid 28hp powerhouse.

Suntoucher
26th July 2010, 14:03
Hence calling it a baby.

Danae
26th July 2010, 14:58
I totally forgot what this thread was about... foetuses or rides.

Suntoucher
26th July 2010, 15:20
Neither!

Well, technically she did say young Auckland riders but I assume not that young. A baby on a motorcycle? That would just be irresponsible, and hilarious.

pocketcracker
26th July 2010, 18:24
34 is the new 22 .... So drop me a message and ill be there ..

Note to self need a new girl friend .. had my 2 yr anniversary of single 'sum yesterday ! .. EKKK !

Gucci
26th July 2010, 19:44
its about you all coming riding with me. :yes:

But can the 150 get up 2 100 or 120kms????? :blink:

im on a 250 as well.... its fine if u really open it up!!! lol

any1 keen for this weekend?

Suntoucher
26th July 2010, 20:06
Might be able to do this weekend, may or may not have company so would have to get back to you friday or saturday.

Details would be good anyway though, just in case.

Saturday morning/afternoon I could definitely do.

GSXR Trace
26th July 2010, 20:24
Neither!

Well, technically she did say young Auckland riders but I assume not that young. A baby on a motorcycle? That would just be irresponsible, and hilarious.

we have a photo of an under 6 month old on a moving bike... he loved it!

and yeah, message me, I'm back in auckland and have brought my bike and not afraid of the cold... although I hardly ever ride with the SMC guys (which they will take the piss out of me for... just wait)

Ironclaw
26th July 2010, 20:49
I'm keen, post what time and where and I'll be there, hopefully there, toto you coming?

The Pastor
26th July 2010, 21:37
we have a photo of an under 6 month old on a moving bike... he loved it!

and yeah, message me, I'm back in auckland and have brought my bike and not afraid of the cold... although I hardly ever ride with the SMC guys (which they will take the piss out of me for... just wait)

Its cos you ride a suzi, they are such lame bikes.........:innocent:

Gucci
27th July 2010, 01:11
yip will post details when I know them...
yay!!!!
Im going for my restricted this thurs!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!:banana:

PirateJafa
27th July 2010, 01:30
yip will post details when I know them...
yay!!!!
Im going for my restricted this thurs!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!:banana:

Good luck to ya!

Actually, out of interest, what colour is your Virago? I had a good friend who bought one in candy-red and vanilla - it looked like the bees knees alright.

TOTO
27th July 2010, 07:53
good luck.

I can ride only friday this week :)

Gucci
27th July 2010, 16:54
Good luck to ya!

Actually, out of interest, what colour is your Virago? I had a good friend who bought one in candy-red and vanilla - it looked like the bees knees alright.

Thanks!!!

Mine is black and chrome.
The mini Harley :)

TOTO: if fri is good, we could go somewhere for lunch on the bikes if u wanna go?
any1 elce free?

PirateJafa
27th July 2010, 17:09
Thanks!!!

Mine is black and chrome.
The mini Harley :)

TOTO: if fri is good, we could go somewhere for lunch on the bikes if u wanna go?
any1 elce free?

Hmmm, don't think I've seen the black/chrome scheme. Will have to google.

Anyway, time to go and be bled dry!

Ironclaw
27th July 2010, 19:02
geez, can't go friday, some people have to work... *sigh*

Suntoucher
27th July 2010, 22:03
Could do friday, provided we're back before five.

Gucci
29th July 2010, 15:09
Could do friday, provided we're back before five.

back b4 5 is easy!
not sure where u guys wanna go?
suggestions?
meeting place?
Whos coming??
Wat time?

Suntoucher
29th July 2010, 16:36
I'm pretty easy(but not cheap) overall. And the weather looks to be clearing up.

R6_kid
29th July 2010, 19:08
34 is the new 22 .... So drop me a message and ill be there ..

Note to self need a new girl friend .. had my 2 yr anniversary of single 'sum yesterday ! .. EKKK !

shamless... :blink:

Did you ever go to Auckland Uni?

Suntoucher
29th July 2010, 22:05
Just had a mosey, I know this amazing cafe in Marsden Point with the best shop coffee I've ever had, sits right on the brand new marina and looks out at all the boats. Anyone interested in this route?
Embed isn't working properly, so here's a link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Greville+Road,+Auckland,+New+Zealand&daddr=One+Tree+Point,+Northland,+New+Zealand&hl=en&geocode=%3BFQRt3f0ds-9lCinFGM1s2pwMbTHz9zqtU5NbTw&mra=ls&sll=-36.75374,174.76038&sspn=0.077159,0.181789&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.337253,174.920197&spn=0.620607,1.454315&z=10

Could all meet at the Gull on Greville Road, 125km each way.

Gucci
29th July 2010, 22:36
Just had a mosey, I know this amazing cafe in Marsden Point with the best shop coffee I've ever had, sits right on the brand new marina and looks out at all the boats. Anyone interested in this route?
Embed isn't working properly, so here's a link
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Greville+Road,+Auckland,+New+Zealand&daddr=One+Tree+Point,+Northland,+New+Zealand&hl=en&geocode=%3BFQRt3f0ds-9lCinFGM1s2pwMbTHz9zqtU5NbTw&mra=ls&sll=-36.75374,174.76038&sspn=0.077159,0.181789&ie=UTF8&ll=-36.337253,174.920197&spn=0.620607,1.454315&z=10

Could all meet at the Gull on Greville Road, 125km each way.

yip sounds good to me :)

wat time?

PirateJafa
29th July 2010, 22:45
Unless you reeeeally like straight lines, I'd suggest SH16 and then after Wellsford, turn off and head by Mangawhai up to Waipu.

Those are some nice[r] roads. :)

Suntoucher
29th July 2010, 23:27
I wouldn't mind 17 around Orewa way, I'm just thinking along the lines of distance, 250-300 seems like a good number being a single tank and not scaring people off. Coming along Pirate?

Thani-B
29th July 2010, 23:54
That is a lot of highway riding...

TOTO
30th July 2010, 00:49
I wanna sleep in. can possibly ride somwhere after 12. SH1 is boring as. you need to do SH16, waaaay better.

Dont count on me showing up anywhere at this stage. May see ya on the road somewhere ;)

Gucci
30th July 2010, 01:09
are ppl meeting for drinks again at the uni fri?
im thinking of coming along to meet some of you...

TOTO
30th July 2010, 01:21
brace yourself :shutup:

Squiggles
30th July 2010, 11:43
are ppl meeting for drinks again at the uni fri?
im thinking of coming along to meet some of you...

Yar, 4ish till 5:30/closing time up @ Strata

Phurrball
30th July 2010, 15:26
I may even make it today. Wonders never cease! Off to get me some breakfast...