PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in CP36?

Squiggles
27th July 2010, 10:49
Someone txt'd me about parking in CP36? Something about being in a space next to a pole/entrance...

Whatever it was i've lost the message (phone locked up) so cant get ahold of them, anyone know what the story is?

motorbyclist
27th July 2010, 17:13
Someone txt'd me about parking in CP36? Something about being in a space next to a pole/entrance...

Whatever it was i've lost the message (phone locked up) so cant get ahold of them, anyone know what the story is?

a few days ago some fuckwit in a stationwagon parked their car in such a way to partially block motorbikes entering from princes st, and parked in two other cars.

I got my rvf through fine by going via the other side of the pole (right side when entering) so unless someone is riding a large cruiser it wouldn't be a major problem (for us)

jono035
28th July 2010, 17:25
a few days ago some fuckwit in a stationwagon parked their car in such a way to partially block motorbikes entering from princes st, and parked in two other cars.

I got my rvf through fine by going via the other side of the pole (right side when entering) so unless someone is riding a large cruiser it wouldn't be a major problem (for us)

Get the license plate, ring uni security. They'll sort it out.

motorbyclist
28th July 2010, 18:53
yeah that's what i thought at the time but tehy were gone by the time i got back there

PirateJafa
29th July 2010, 04:00
More importantly, I've always wondered why we haven't asked for a bit of asphalt or concrete "ramp" putting by that curb.

Would help prevent incidents like Rob's.

jono035
29th July 2010, 06:48
More importantly, I've always wondered why we haven't asked for a bit of asphalt or concrete "ramp" putting by that curb.

Would help prevent incidents like Rob's.

I was sitting in the lab a few months back with a hammer and cold chisel, seriously considering just taking the DIY approach...

Could always just rock up with a couple of kilos of cement and make one, as well.

Magua
29th July 2010, 10:09
It's not exactly a difficult curb to mount, even with a sports bike.

PirateJafa
29th July 2010, 10:34

I've never had a problem with it, even two-up. But I suspect that Rob and a GN250 owner would disagree with you there. And that's only the two that I know of/have witnessed - and I usually park in OGG!

Also, it would help cement the fast that it IS the ONLY permitted motorcycle access-way for that carpark, and provide [hopefully] a disincentive for the car who uses the part right next to it to park too close to the curb.

jono035
29th July 2010, 22:14

Sure, it's not that difficult, but it's hardly what I'd consider 'pleasant'... If they're going to provide marked spaces for motorbikes, you'd think that they would provide a way in that didn't involve hopping a kerb?

Real_Wolf
30th July 2010, 15:49
Sure, it's not that difficult, but it's hardly what I'd consider 'pleasant'... If they're going to provide marked spaces for motorbikes, you'd think that they would provide a way in that didn't involve hopping a kerb?

Doing it the DIY way, theres a much more entertaining way. Just cement the stairway that links the two CP so it turns into a ramp, then you get to go up/down an awesome ramp whenever you enter/leave

jono035
30th July 2010, 18:24
Doing it the DIY way, theres a much more entertaining way. Just cement the stairway that links the two CP so it turns into a ramp, then you get to go up/down an awesome ramp whenever you enter/leave

The VFR doesn't have enough ground clearance for that and being forced to turn left onto Symonds street sucks. Ignoring the left turn only sign and getting a $150 ticket for it also sucks.

Real_Wolf
31st July 2010, 11:45
The VFR doesn't have enough ground clearance for that and being forced to turn left onto Symonds street sucks. Ignoring the left turn only sign and getting a $150 ticket for it also sucks.

Didn't say it was more practical, merely more entertaining for those who would be able to make it.

Also, if you went fast enough, groudn clearance wouldn't matter. Just gotta keep the front wheel high

motorbyclist
31st July 2010, 15:05
Also, if you went fast enough, groudn clearance wouldn't matter. Just gotta keep the front wheel high

you'll find torque is more useful in speed for that application....

we used to have a block of wood in the gutter but it has since disappeared