PDA

View Full Version : GSX1100F oil cooler replacement

eversoc
4th August 2010, 19:49
Im hoping someone can help me here. I bought a 1992 GSX1100F. The bike is in excellent condition but I have had a good look at it and the oil cooler has a significant amount of fin damage. I straightened the ones I could to get a bit more air through but there seems to be some bent on the back and I'm thinking I'd like to replace it with an aftermarket ior have it 'reconditioned' if possible. Given that there is no liquid cooling im guessing its important the oil cooler is working efficiently.

Any ideas would be much appreciatted =)

Many thanks

neil_cb125t
4th August 2010, 21:10
Im hoping someone can help me here. I bought a 1992 GSX1100F. The bike is in excellent condition but I have had a good look at it and the oil cooler has a significant amount of fin damage. I straightened the ones I could to get a bit more air through but there seems to be some bent on the back and I'm thinking I'd like to replace it with an aftermarket ior have it 'reconditioned' if possible. Given that there is no liquid cooling im guessing its important the oil cooler is working efficiently.

Any ideas would be much appreciatted =)

Many thanks

any oil cooler will probably do - as long as its the same diamentions. There is prob a few ZXR400 lying around cause all of people remove them.

AllanB
4th August 2010, 22:22
HAve a look here - not specific for your model but Suzuki are good at recycling parts and I'd think a Bandit 1200 one would be bloody close.

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=shop&product_category=oil_coolers_p22qj&product=suzuki_oil_coolers&start=0&search_term=&order_by=

Also try Delkevic USA as it may work out cheaper as the US $ is good.

pete376403
4th August 2010, 23:48
Auto transmission cooler from Supercheap but ony if the oil pressure in the cooling circuit is low. ie if it is at full (lubricating circuit) pressure it could be too high for a trans cooler.

But a few bent fins on the cooler you have now aren't going to affect cooling performance that much

T.W.R
5th August 2010, 07:31
Something of similar dimensions will do as long as it allows the oil pressure flowing thru it at operating temp 60deg C (140deg F) to be above 300kpa & below 600kpa when the engine is running at 3000rpm.
The oil has to be operating temp before being able to check this otherwise the relief valve will not be operating properly.

eversoc
5th August 2010, 17:48
Hey, thanks all for the suggestions. Theres a Bandit parked across form my work so I'll have a snoop around at lunchtime and see if the cooler looks similar in size =)