PDA

View Full Version : Pit bike road legal?

sly94
14th August 2010, 19:07
hi, i was wondering want i need to make my pit bike road leagal:scooter:

Crazy Steve
14th August 2010, 19:20
hi, i was wondering want i need to make my pit bike road leagal:scooter:

An MR2A and a brain.

Crazy Steve.

sly94
15th August 2010, 14:16
nah seriously wat do u needd

JimO
15th August 2010, 17:00
you need to rego it as a 50cc moped

FJRider
15th August 2010, 17:05
Usually ... more money and bother than its worth ... :shifty:

stallion
15th August 2010, 19:39
i tried with my pocket bike but the locals didnt like like the noise of it at 7am. was told by a local officer that bike needed day lights, tail lights, brake light, indercators, treaded road tyres and a horn, also had to have obviuos helmet and licence to suit

avgas
15th August 2010, 20:03
Why?
Oh why?

sly94
16th August 2010, 22:01
thnx , by da way its 125cc

Taz
16th August 2010, 22:06
thnx , by da way its 125cc

I'll translate to adult talk.

"Thanks, by the way it's a 125cc" :lol:

Woodman
16th August 2010, 22:12
I'll translate to adult talk.

"Thanks, by the way it's a 125cc" :lol:

Make it like this.

mr_penguin
17th August 2010, 16:49
i tried with my pocket bike but the locals didnt like like the noise of it at 7am. was told by a local officer that bike needed day lights, tail lights, brake light, indercators, treaded road tyres and a horn, also had to have obviuos helmet and licence to suit

Your giving me idea's I could do that to my B1 so I can get to the shop's for a monster
drink on race day !

Might start a tend for other members to follow and then turn the shop run into a race :)

Shame theres no round abouts in edgecombe !

Be a good use for them useless treaded tyers.......

Ian

daz71
17th August 2010, 17:27
I wouldnt make it to the shop, the pub is before it, It would make a interesting ride back to the track thO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr_penguin
18th August 2010, 13:15
I wouldnt make it to the shop, the pub is before it, It would make a interesting ride back to the track thO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might pay to make this the last event of the day then :) lol

Would be funny to see a line of pocket bikes lined up outside the local pub ! hahaha

Ian

888mike
19th August 2010, 16:52
Stuff the B1 Ian sounds like a job for the GRCs hahahahahahaha. At least then you can get D I Cd and a speeding ticket at the same time.

sly94
19th August 2010, 18:37
o:innocentOF the topic

888mike
20th August 2010, 14:00
All good sly we not encouraging bad habbits just havin a laugh. best of luck with your idea tho would be a good cheap little run about, I think for the pit bike you could just get the gear off one of those postie honda CT step through bikes as in the head light, indicators and that stuff but being over 50cc you won't be able to register as a scooter.
Your local motorcycle dealer should be able to help you out. Cheers Mike:niceone:

avgas
20th August 2010, 14:03
sly94 it will cost you about $300+ to get it on the road......still keen?

newmanz
6th September 2010, 19:09
Hi,

It is impossible and for very good reasons. " YOUR SAFETY "

#1 : For a bike of over 50cc and more power than 2Kw, the bike requires a low volume certification...... you can not get this because it requires safety tested documents from the factory that made your bike...... = /fail

#2 : I have tested many of these bikes on the race track and found most bikes purchased directly from the factory are not up to my standards of what a bike should be capable of doing if it can exceed 90km/h

Braking should be powerful, handling should be excellent, the bikes construction and quality should be on par with a Japanese road bike.

Currently there are some Mini Chopper type bikes in New Zealand that should never have been allowed onto New Zealand roads. Some how they managed to pass.. or more like bypass the safety road compliance. If you put a 250cc engine into a frame that originally was built for a 50cc, with brakes that were not even good enough to stop a 50cc..... I shudder to think what could happen.

Anyway, to cut a long boring wall short... please do not try to put on the road, a vehicle that should only be used in your back yard or on the race track.