PDA

View Full Version : Riding bathtubs on campus?

Squiggles
19th August 2010, 00:24
Confirmed Details:

Saturday 28th
Setup at 11am, running till just after 3pm.
Outside the Library on Albert Street.
We'll need a couple of bikes to be at the stand for the whole event, i'll bring the pocketbikes incase we get to ride them.

Contact me on 0212685528 if you can't find us etc

Further to our conversation re: Courses and Careers Day

Campus Life and AUSA are interested in having the Scooter and Motorcycle club along at Courses and Careers Day on August 28.

We’re looking into hiring some unusual ride-on vehicles such as toilets and bathtubs and we thought you’d be the ideal club to take them for a hoon around campus on the day.

Not sure if we’ll be using your actual scooters and motorcycles or not, but this is something we can talk through if you’d like to have your bikes there on the day.

We would organise the hire of the gear, make sure you were looked after on the day and give some money to your club that you could put towards your own club activities.

If you’re interested I’ll confirm money, times and numbers details with you later.

I have to confirm this asap so please let me know as soon as you can if you’re interested – all my details below, feel free to send me a text if that’s easiest.

Cheers,

Kathryn.

Keen or not Keen?

Suntoucher
19th August 2010, 00:44
Auckland Uni student specific? Heh, AUT needs its own club.

PirateJafa
19th August 2010, 09:33
Bahahaha, keen.

Squiggles
19th August 2010, 14:10
Anyone else?

Dare
19th August 2010, 15:36
Auckland Uni student specific? Heh, AUT needs its own club.
Hehe. Well I'm in either way =)

Thani-B
19th August 2010, 16:35
I'm keen too, depending on what it actually is. Masseys bike club is a complete fail. Last time I looked into it, the president didn't even have a bike. I'm glad the SMC doesn't discriminate against other uni's.

oracle
19th August 2010, 17:01
I would probably be keen. WOuld be good to know what's actually involved

Slyer
19th August 2010, 17:47
I'm keen too, depending on what it actually is. Masseys bike club is a complete fail. Last time I looked into it, the president didn't even have a bike. I'm glad the SMC doesn't discriminate against other uni's.
Our club leader doesn't even ride his. You learn to live with it I guess.

jono035
19th August 2010, 18:38
Keen as hell, I'll be there anyway for part of the day for the Electrical Engineering department stuff.

I'll also have my cast off by then, so I'll be looking around for fun things to do that may involve broken legs. Sign me up for a blat in a bathtub.

Edit: Very keen, do it.

Squiggles
19th August 2010, 22:52
Signed us up

Keen as hell, I'll be there anyway for part of the day for the Electrical Engineering department stuff.

I'll also have my cast off by then, so I'll be looking around for fun things to do that may involve broken legs. Sign me up for a blat in a bathtub.

Edit: Very keen, do it.

Hi Stephen,

That sounds great, thank you! We will also be hiring some ride-on loos (http://www.promoking.co.nz/gallery/p2000_sectionid/1/p2000_imageid/51). Alfred Street will be closed to traffic on the day so I think we’ll set you up there. I’ll give you a call to confirm everything tomorrow or Monday.

Cheers,

Kathryn.

We should go ATGATT :rockon:

PirateJafa
19th August 2010, 23:07
Racing kegs!

Dare
19th August 2010, 23:07

But who will represent the scooter riders?

PirateJafa
19th August 2010, 23:10
One-pieces? :D

Dare
19th August 2010, 23:28
One-pieces? :D

Don't have one. Could get a morph suit (http://www.morphsuits.com/) though.

GSXR Trace
20th August 2010, 20:25
haha classic, i might just have to come and check it out this year, the fact that i know what im doing next year doesn't matter... watching toilets and baths riding around campus is worth some time!
I don't see a downside to the club doing it... have fun!

oh and definitely one pieces!

GSXR Trace
24th August 2010, 15:33
So is there a confirmed time this is gonna be happening, cause princes street is closed from 7-5 or something... I now need to be getting home cause have fucked my back at training, so will only be able to be there to photograph if able to head off soon after lunch

Squiggles
24th August 2010, 16:12
So is there a confirmed time this is gonna be happening, cause princes street is closed from 7-5 or something... I now need to be getting home cause have fucked my back at training, so will only be able to be there to photograph if able to head off soon after lunch

Still waiting on confirmation from them that its a goer

GSXR Trace
24th August 2010, 18:53
ok, so will watch this space!

Ryan432
24th August 2010, 22:29
I could be keen for some motorised loo riding.. whats the deal? is it too late to sign up now?

Squiggles
25th August 2010, 12:35
I could be keen for some motorised loo riding.. whats the deal? is it too late to sign up now?

They'll probably be running from 10am, but it would be good to have them set up by 9am because that's when people will start arriving.

During the day people will be coming in and out of lectures, so there will be quite a few quiet times when the loos won't need to be racing.
The University of Auckland Scooter and Motorcycle Club will also set up by the loo racing and they will be racing on the loos too.

There are no specific team races... there is an open day on the day so there will be people milling around. It will be fine for there to be breaks throughout the day.

Anyone got a canopy to put over our stall?

Squiggles
25th August 2010, 17:57
We will now be situating this event just off Albert Street. There is a small quad area outside the main library where we will set up the racing.
There will be a band playing at some time throughout the day, so the loo racing should not be going while this is going.

Stephen - if you guys would like to display your bikes you can set them up in this area too. If you have any banners etc it would also be great for you to display them.

</10characters>

Squiggles
25th August 2010, 18:10
Great! Also just to confirm that your club will be paid $400 for this day’s work, and your contact for that is Li, cc’d.

Cheers,

Kathryn.

:gob: So you better all turn up.

PirateJafa
25th August 2010, 18:14
:gob: So you better all turn up.
Sweet, liquor liquid refreshments are on Stephen!

Real_Wolf
25th August 2010, 19:21
Sweet, liquor liquid refreshments are on Stephen!

Awesome, beer and tub racing

GSXR Trace
25th August 2010, 20:19
ok, so be there by 10. Should be able to make it in time to see some of the action! What bikes you lot going to have on display?

And someone needs to bring a camera... this needs to be documented!

Squiggles
25th August 2010, 21:57
ok, so be there by 10. Should be able to make it in time to see some of the action! What bikes you lot going to have on display?

And someone needs to bring a camera... this needs to be documented!

2 Pocketbikes and 1 <50cc machine should do. Moar details to follow as i recieve them.

Guess i better print some flyers etc at work 2mo

2wheeljunkie
25th August 2010, 22:09
bahahaha, just saw this thread. awesome! so when is this?

Squiggles
25th August 2010, 22:11
bahahaha, just saw this thread. awesome! so when is this?

This Saturday

Slyer
25th August 2010, 22:46
Didn't realise this was on a weekend. In!

GSXR Trace
26th August 2010, 14:23
my plans have changed, so definitely wont be there until 11:30, so hope you're still going hard at lunch! see ya all saturday!

Squiggles
26th August 2010, 15:58
my plans have changed, so definitely wont be there until 11:30, so hope you're still going hard at lunch! see ya all saturday!

Funnily enough they've just confirmed our time slot (11:30-3pm). So we'll aim to setup at 11am.

jasonzc
27th August 2010, 23:06
im keen to come say hi! Im pretty sure im a member but havnt met any of yous lol.

might see you guys some time tomr!

Squiggles
27th August 2010, 23:28
im keen to come say hi! Im pretty sure im a member but havnt met any of yous lol.

might see you guys some time tomr!

Cool beans, hopefully we'll be fairly easy to find.

TOTO
27th August 2010, 23:33
gutted I cant make it. I expect pictures and stories !

Thani-B
27th August 2010, 23:59

I shall have my camera ready and waiting hehe.

Ryan432
28th August 2010, 17:10

We def should have taken one of the vans and rocked up there on official promotional business instead of what we were doing all day today! haha Ryan from work btw if you haven't picked that up!

gijoe1313
28th August 2010, 17:44
So how did it all go? :blink: Sorry I missed this, was test riding bikes all day! :woohoo:

The Pastor
28th August 2010, 18:55
So how did it all go? :blink: Sorry I missed this, was test riding bikes all day! :woohoo:

please not a hornet.

Squiggles
28th August 2010, 19:24
That was awesome.

motorbyclist
28th August 2010, 20:37
Pics or it didn't happen.

Slyer
28th August 2010, 21:38
Try showing up to things and you will be able to experience for yourself. ;)

TOTO
28th August 2010, 21:39
We def should have taken one of the vans and rocked up there on official promotional business instead of what we were doing all day today! haha Ryan from work btw if you haven't picked that up!

Totally !

That was awesome.

Pictures !

Thani-B
28th August 2010, 22:04
Pictures !

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=202610&id=502141960&l=ce1e2f987c

GSXR Trace
29th August 2010, 00:24
haha that was pretty funny! Did any of you actually make it to your afternoon of play?
but good effort guys, got a fair bit of attention!

Squiggles
29th August 2010, 09:39
haha that was pretty funny! Did any of you actually make it to your afternoon of play?
but good effort guys, got a fair bit of attention!

Yep, big kids playgrounds are fun :yes: (Until you fall over leaving and hurt ya ankle :cry:)

gijoe1313
29th August 2010, 10:13
Those photos are gold! :rofl: Looks like a whole passel o'fun was had ... and I guess if you had a brownstaining pants moment, you were on the right commode to accomodate it! :Punk:

Suntoucher
29th August 2010, 11:50
Chose just the right moment to stop checking this thread, damn you essays!

Looked like a brilliant day, heh.

GSXR Trace
29th August 2010, 12:13
Yep, big kids playgrounds are fun :yes: (Until you fall over leaving and hurt ya ankle :cry:)

haha gutted! at least you were leaving and didn't miss out on your big kid fun!

Slyer
29th August 2010, 12:23
We'll have to do bigups again another time, after dicking around on racing toilets all day I had already exceeded my dicking around quota for the week haha.

motorbyclist
29th August 2010, 12:43
Try showing up to things and you will be able to experience for yourself. ;)

or share the experience so those who missed out can enjoy?

Squiggles
20th September 2010, 18:38
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Trailers/Single-axle/auction-318915611.htm

What chu all reckon? :first:

Slyer
20th September 2010, 18:57
Yesssss.
How do you tie the bikes down? There's nowhere for side stand etc.

PirateJafa
20th September 2010, 19:38
Pair of strops from the bars cover the front, and one across the back to hold that down.

They strop down upright, not on a stand.

Danae
22nd September 2010, 09:36
Do want!<!--sdvkskl-->

Magua
22nd September 2010, 11:40
Do want!<!--sdvkskl-->

I concur .

motorbyclist
24th September 2010, 10:28
You'll want to confirm the spacing between channels - those are nearly exclusively sized for dirtboikes not sprotbikes

should be mint for buckets though!

Yesssss.
How do you tie the bikes down? There's nowhere for side stand etc.

:slap: