PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson to remain in Wisconsin

Bob
16th September 2010, 00:02
Harley-Davidson has confirmed it will kept its two Wisconsin production facilities open, after unions agreed to a range of concessions.

The seven year deal is alleged to freeze pay, cut a number of jobs and will allocate large amounts of work to part-time employees. Around 325 full-time jobs are expected to go leaving some 700 full-time staff, with 150-250 part-time unionised employees brought in on a seasonal basis to cover holidays and seasonal production need increases.

If Harley had closed its operations in Wisconsin, around 1,350 jobs would have been lost.

Smifffy
16th September 2010, 00:09
Harley-Davidson has confirmed it will kept its two Wisconsin production facilities open, after unions agreed to a range of concessions.

If Harley had closed its operations in Wisconsin, around 1,350 jobs would have been lost.

The majority of it's market would also have been lost.

Patriotism & the pursuit of the american dream sells more of their product than anything else.

Bob
16th September 2010, 02:40
The majority of it's market would also have been lost.

Patriotism & the pursuit of the american dream sells more of their product than anything else.

They were not looking to move production outside of the US, just outside of Wisconsin. At least two other states were making encouraging signs to get Harley to move there. And HQ (but no manufacturing) would have remained in Milwaukee.

Grubber
16th September 2010, 06:39
Would it really matter where they were.....apparently you can truck bulldozers all over the country now days.

Subike
16th September 2010, 07:45
I guess they can still import the development team from Briggs & Stratton across the road for major engine improvments.

sinfull
16th September 2010, 07:47
Dooff Dooff

Bikemad
17th September 2010, 07:31
Dooff Dooff

no no...........its potato potato...............

phill-k
17th September 2010, 07:41
I hear Honda America are now manufacturing the 2011 HD top of the range bikes :yawn:

Griffin
17th September 2010, 11:18
Ah what a refreshing change... Harley bashers on a thread about Harleys. I guess if you cant join us... bash us :weird: Still wont take away my enjoyment of owning one tho.