PDA

View Full Version : Bike sold, uni finished, heading overseas - catch you guys around!

Ragingrob
2nd October 2010, 12:33
Sup all,

Been a while since I've posted up in here, that's for sure. The last few months I've been living in town, finishing uni off with a BCom (Hons) and working 20 hours a week too, and what's more - driving a car around... My gorgeous gixxer 750 sitting in the garage all alone, and now she's gone to someone else on these forums to look after.

Anyway, in 4.5 weeks I'm off to Whistler, BC, Canada, to spend 6 months on the mountain living it up as a lifty working 4 days on and 3 off to slice up the snow with some boarding and skiing. After those 6 months I'll probably aim to travel around the country a bit through summer to see what's what, and then depending on circumstances either continue on through to Europe to see what the world has in store for me, or return to NZ to pay off the student loan before truly heading overseas.

No way am I selling off my bike gear, when I return sometime and get the chance I will definitely look into getting riding again. My thoughts would probably be to grab some kind of trackbike, as I'd be working fulltime and be keen to hit the track every few weekends to have a blast... We'll see what happens!

So yep, that's me for now. Those of you on my FB definitely keep in touch and you'll be seeing some wicked photos + vids in a couple of months!

Toodle-oooo

:scooter:

PS - The sprocket icon for this thread looks close enough to a snowflake.

PPS - I will definitely try hit up a snowmobile for a ride!

PPPS - If anyone else is over that way hit me up --- I know for a fact that good ol' Shingo is planning on coming to Whistler for a bit of a holiday, wicked reunion times!

TOTO
2nd October 2010, 19:23
best of luck in your adventures Rob. we'll catch you when you get back buddy :).

Slyer
2nd October 2010, 19:55
'the fuck is Shingo? ;)

Real_Wolf
2nd October 2010, 20:47
Have fun bro, won't be the same in the SMC without rob norris, who will push my xs?

shingo
3rd October 2010, 16:30
'the fuck is Shingo? ;)

That's cold Sam. Gone for 18 months and already I'm forgotten.

Rob, I've got to catch up with you sometime before you leave NZ. I'm still yet to get my arse into gear and start booking flights etc., but knowing what days you'll be working and if you have any suggestions on accom and such round Whistler would help my trip planning.

And for the rest of you still in NZ, I'm planning to go to Canada via NZ, so we can party it up when I eventually get there :Punk:

Squiggles
3rd October 2010, 16:38
so we can party it up when I eventually get there :Punk:

Does that mean you're now a social drinker? :D

shingo
3rd October 2010, 17:09
Does that mean you're now a social drinker? :D

Nah, I still stick to special occasions. It's cheaper that way.

Slyer
3rd October 2010, 18:16
Keen for "Shingo - Sup/Rob - Bye" party!

Dare
3rd October 2010, 20:00
Keen for "Shingo - Sup/Rob - Bye" party!

Agreeeeed. Carpark? Degree? SMC flat?

klyong82
4th October 2010, 09:33
Sup all,

Been a while since I've posted up in here, that's for sure. The last few months I've been living in town, finishing uni off with a BCom (Hons) and working 20 hours a week too, and what's more - driving a car around... My gorgeous gixxer 750 sitting in the garage all alone, and now she's gone to someone else on these forums to look after.

Anyway, in 4.5 weeks I'm off to Whistler, BC, Canada, to spend 6 months on the mountain living it up as a lifty working 4 days on and 3 off to slice up the snow with some boarding and skiing. After those 6 months I'll probably aim to travel around the country a bit through summer to see what's what, and then depending on circumstances either continue on through to Europe to see what the world has in store for me, or return to NZ to pay off the student loan before truly heading overseas.

No way am I selling off my bike gear, when I return sometime and get the chance I will definitely look into getting riding again. My thoughts would probably be to grab some kind of trackbike, as I'd be working fulltime and be keen to hit the track every few weekends to have a blast... We'll see what happens!

So yep, that's me for now. Those of you on my FB definitely keep in touch and you'll be seeing some wicked photos + vids in a couple of months!

Toodle-oooo

:scooter:

PS - The sprocket icon for this thread looks close enough to a snowflake.

PPS - I will definitely try hit up a snowmobile for a ride!

PPPS - If anyone else is over that way hit me up --- I know for a fact that good ol' Shingo is planning on coming to Whistler for a bit of a holiday, wicked reunion times!

See ya Rob....who knows might see you in the airport terminals someday

Ragingrob
4th October 2010, 11:31
That's cold Sam. Gone for 18 months and already I'm forgotten.

Rob, I've got to catch up with you sometime before you leave NZ. I'm still yet to get my arse into gear and start booking flights etc., but knowing what days you'll be working and if you have any suggestions on accom and such round Whistler would help my trip planning.

And for the rest of you still in NZ, I'm planning to go to Canada via NZ, so we can party it up when I eventually get there :Punk:

So wait, are you in NZ now? I leave in 4 weeks, when will you be in NZ?

Sweet yeah I'll be able to get the low-down on how to plan your trip for Whistler. Just crash on our couch ha!

Paaaaarty :woohoo:

Ragingrob
4th October 2010, 11:31
See ya Rob....who knows might see you in the airport terminals someday

Haha yeah as per usual!

Stalker

:shutup:

shingo
4th October 2010, 12:38
So wait, are you in NZ now? I leave in 4 weeks, when will you be in NZ?

Sweet yeah I'll be able to get the low-down on how to plan your trip for Whistler. Just crash on our couch ha!

Paaaaarty :woohoo:

Won't be in NZ till Jan. Using it as a stop over on the way to Canada since the flights turn out cheaper that way.

Might have to take you up on the couch offer. God knows it's going to cost me a shit load for everything else, so I'll be keen to save money where ever I can.