PDA

View Full Version : ZZR600 engine: Anybody know where I can get one?

howdamnhard
9th October 2010, 21:05
Came back from a ride recently and noticed a coolant leak. Upon further investigation looks like the head gasket may be blown. Anybody have or know where I can get some ZZR600 spares?
Thanks
Pierre

tigertim20
10th October 2010, 19:25
there was a zzr 600 race bike here in dunedin for a grand about a week ago. was on trademe, probably still on there?

would be alot of spares for a grand!

howdamnhard
10th October 2010, 20:04
there was a zzr 600 race bike here in dunedin for a grand about a week ago. was on trademe, probably still on there?

would be alot of spares for a grand!

Thanks , I'll look into it.

Katman
11th October 2010, 08:33
As long as the motor hasn't been badly overheated due to the coolant leak I'm fairly sure that removing the head and replacing the gasket would work out cheaper than replacing the whole motor.

scracha
11th October 2010, 09:21
As long as the motor hasn't been badly overheated due to the coolant leak I'm fairly sure that removing the head and replacing the gasket would work out cheaper than replacing the whole motor.

Seconded. Just watch and not overtighten the head bolts as they're made of chocolate on GPX's and ZZR's.

howdamnhard
12th October 2010, 19:24
Thanks for that. No the motor wasn't overheated and I would use a torque wrench.

howdamnhard
18th October 2010, 18:12
Replaced the radiator cap after topping up the coolant and took it for a quick ride and all seems well.

Max Preload
20th October 2010, 11:45
A coolant leak doesn't neccesarily mean a blown head gasket or cracked head. It depends on where it's leaking from and to.