PDA

View Full Version : Clutch adjustments question

Jcxss
13th October 2010, 16:32
Hi there people,
I am just wondering what is the consequences of having too much clutch free play? I know that if there is no free play you would stuff your bike up but don't know what will happen if there is too much free play. Just wondering.

Max Preload
13th October 2010, 21:26
Hi there people,
I am just wondering what is the consequences of having too much clutch free play? I know that if there is no free play you would stuff your bike up but don't know what will happen if there is too much free play. Just wondering.Drag causing it to thump into gear or stall, difficult to find neutral when stationary, creep when in gear at the lights similar to what an automatic does, causing accelerated clutch wear.

Have I forgotten anything guys?

imdying
14th October 2010, 09:30
Too much isn't a problem... right until you get to the point where the clutch lever runs out of travel because of it. Once it gets that badly adjusted, pulling the clutch lever no longer disengages the clutch... so think of it as like only pulling it in halfway and changing gear... every time... yeah, the bike doesn't like that when you're going into first :no: