PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke seized

ola_bitchola1
15th October 2010, 10:11
so on my way to work this morning my rg150 seized while i was doing about 70kph managed to clutch in after a wee slide now a few hours later the engine turns over freely is it ok to start it and or possibly ride it? or go take it to see if it did any damage to the internals

avgas
15th October 2010, 10:37
Do not ride.
You will need new rings and possible a new oil pump
I repeat

DO NOT RIDE OR EVEN START ENGINE!

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2010, 11:31
Do not ride.
I repeat

What he said..... You need to check the piston to see what dmage has been cuased and what may have caused it. ie, lack of lubrication, electrical etc. You will need to check over your WHOLE bike which TBH is not too, too hard as they are tiny.

Start your bike up now and risk destroying the big end and having to replace the crank etc.....

White trash
15th October 2010, 11:36
Do not ride.
I repeat

What he said..... You need to check the piston to see what dmage has been cuased and what may have caused it. ie, lack of lubrication, electrical etc. You will need to check over your WHOLE bike which TBH is not too, too hard as they are tiny.

Start your bike up now and risk destroying the big end and having to replace the crank etc.....

Pair of rookies these two.

The correct answer of course is to start it and go like fuck to see how close to home you can get before it totally chernobles.

You're welcome.

Str8 Jacket
15th October 2010, 11:48
Pair of rookies these two.

HOMO
<timeten>

ola_bitchola1
15th October 2010, 15:30
thanks all from what i can recall it seemed to stutter a bit like it was out of gas before hand so i changed down a gear and the revs dopped and it seized then i think

tigertim20
15th October 2010, 17:41
hehehe I reemember my first bike, a 2 stroke 125 farm bike. boy was I green. I seized that thing, god, I dont even know how many times. You see, being my first bike, and knowing fuckall about them meant i would put gas in the tank. and ride it. thats it.
every now and then, it would just sort of 'die' on me. little did I know Id seized the fucking thing. this happened on a regular basis for about 6-7 months, untill it happened on a grou ride organized through the school.
T.E.C. stopped to check the problem, and says fuck man, whens the last time you put oil in this thing?
Oil?, I asked . . .

I was quickly put straight on the matter.

she'll be fine, ride her home.