PDA

View Full Version : The return of macros87

macros87
23rd October 2010, 15:32
i know i havent been around for over a year, but guys i didn't have a bike. BUT i am now the proud owner of another ninja :) so... where are the rides? =D

Danae
23rd October 2010, 22:17
Yaaaaaay! Haven't been many rides of late so you haven't missed much haha. There's a coro loop coming up I hear...or something on Monday.

macros87
23rd October 2010, 23:02
well turns out this whole motorcycle thing is not like riding a bicycle... i have to get used to my bike all over again, last time i had a ride was exactly a year ago. sooooo i need time before i get on the coroloop, i have a big essay due tuesday though... i really meant to say what rides are there after I am done with exams in about 2 weeks time?

Thani-B
24th October 2010, 12:06
Thats the boat that I'm in as well. Hanging out for a ride, and the weather is perfect for it at the moment :( but I'm trying to be good and not riding till after my exams.

The Everlasting
24th October 2010, 18:58
Welcome back,what are you riding now?

motorbyclist
24th October 2010, 22:36
Welcome back,what are you riding now?

a stolen ninja according to his profile.....

good to see some returning rider on the REAL 250 ninja

macros87
25th October 2010, 14:23
a stolen ninja according to his profile.....

good to see some returning rider on the REAL 250 ninja

welll i would have never been happy on anything other than a zxr :p and i take it the new gpx (yes people! those new ninjas are really gpx in disguise!) riders are getting to you andrew?

make sure to keep the shed free, this one needs a thing or six done :p

which reminds me, i hear a noise coming from the gas tank every once in a while that sounds suspiciously like accumulated fumes may be escaping from it. i would like to think it is something as easy to solve as a seal around the gas lid, but if it isnt, what do you think it might be?

Squiggles
25th October 2010, 17:23
which reminds me, i hear a noise coming from the gas tank every once in a while that sounds suspiciously like accumulated fumes may be escaping from it. i would like to think it is something as easy to solve as a seal around the gas lid, but if it isnt, what do you think it might be?

The Kawasaki Meow?

macros87
25th October 2010, 22:52
ahhhh took it for a ride today more problems arise... lameeeeee.......

motorbyclist
26th October 2010, 03:39
exactly why I don't buy kawasaki...

get a honda :bleh:

Magua
26th October 2010, 09:44

get a bmw :bleh:

macros87
26th October 2010, 10:00
exactly why I don't buy kawasaki...

if i got a honda for how much i got this, it would also be totally blowing up.

get a bmw :bleh:

well that isnt even constructive or helpfull at all....

macros87
26th October 2010, 10:02
i think its also the same problem chris had with his zxr, i explained it to him and he had a dejavu, regulator/ electric/ battery type problem not a cam chain problem... i made sure that was all good.

on that note, if i decided i dont have the time or effort available to fix this stuff who can recommend a reputable and professional (read as CHEAP! THE CHEAPEST PLACE!) motorcycle mechanic i can take it to?

Squiggles
26th October 2010, 11:23
on that note, if i decided i dont have the time or effort available to fix this stuff

then you probably shouldn't have bought a 'cheap' bike (it isn't going to be a cheap one afterwards!) :shit:

fwiw Motohaus is good but ~$80/hr iirc

macros87
26th October 2010, 11:42
then you probably shouldn't have bought a 'cheap' bike (it isn't going to be a cheap one afterwards!) :shit:

fwiw Motohaus is good but ~$80/hr iirc

i figured with my job over the summer, i could fix it in stages, i figured a second hand 250 will usually come with problems anyway.

80? is that what everyone is charging these days?

PirateJafa
26th October 2010, 20:04
80? is that what everyone is charging these days?

$70-80/hr, yes.

The difference is that AJ will do the work on the bike himself. Other places will give the work to their lowest-level untrained monkey who has no fucking idea what they are doing, and still charge you $70-80/hr.

macros87
27th October 2010, 13:32
fair point, i will try to take it there if i do decide i need a mechanic.

jono035
30th October 2010, 20:53
Yeah, definitely recommend AJ. Anything I'm not doing myself will be going to him.

macros87
31st October 2010, 19:59
welll the bike strangely seems to have come right on its own... i am have expecting the problem to come back, if it does ill take it to AJ