PDA

View Full Version : GSF250V not starting

\m/
30th October 2010, 16:39
I was heading out to go on my first ride on my GSF250v, but stalled it while pulling out of my driveway and couldn't get my foot down in time. Not much damage, just a few scratches, but some coolant and oil leaked out. The coolant and oil warning lights came on on the gauges, so I topped up the coolant and oil. The oil in the engine window was clear gold whenn I topped it up. I tried starting it but it won't start regardless of whether I use choke or throttle. The oild in the window is now black and the warning lights are still on. Any ideas what the problem might be, how to fix etc?

The Everlasting
30th October 2010, 16:58
Might sound stupid,but you didn't hit the kill switch button?

I did that when i first got it,and wondered why it wasn't starting.

\m/
30th October 2010, 17:21
no, didnt touch kill switch, starter motor going but engine wont start

Teflon
31st October 2010, 19:30
No oil pressure? Could be air in the oil pump from dropping it... You could try removing the oil filter and pulling the ht leads and crank it over until oil starts pissing out...

Tip over switch?

If it's a oil pressure light i wouldn't run it for to long...

\m/
2nd November 2010, 19:29
Turns out it was just a flat battery, got boyds to look at it all sorted now.

Dare
4th November 2010, 16:34

I flicked it accidentally while riding about a week after I got the bike... Confused the hell out of me for a few minutes!

The Everlasting
4th November 2010, 16:37
I flicked it accidentally while riding about a week after I got the bike... Confused the hell out of me for a few minutes!

Haha yeah I thought my engine was buggered....:laugh: