PDA

View Full Version : Can I join?

archie-no2
13th December 2010, 14:41
Hi, finished school in 2010 and next year im going to do a aeronautical enginering course with air nz training, i wont be going to auckland Uni but i am looking for people around my age to go on rides with, would i be able to join in with your club rides even tho i dont go to the same uni?

Thanks

Danae
13th December 2010, 14:56
Half of us don't go to uni anymore anyway. :) Feel free to come along on our rides, when they do eventually get planned.

Thani-B
13th December 2010, 15:03
Or we were at different Uni's. I was at Massey but that didnt stop me from joining :yes:

Slyer
13th December 2010, 17:10
Absolubbly.

Ragingrob
13th December 2010, 19:41
No.

:facepalm:

Dare
18th December 2010, 06:59
Would i be able to join in with your club rides even tho i dont go to the same uni?

Bikers aren't elitists; except HD, BM and Ducati riders(Kidding! Mostly!) and a ride is a ride!
Plus you have a bandit so thats automatically awesome :cool:

marty
18th December 2010, 07:50
Do you have a job at the end of the course? I thought they happened in Chch, but I do beleive that Rennie Drive has been upgraded. One of our old Bandits (JCM) is in there for the trainees to break and fix again.

Good luck with it. Being a certifying aircraft engineer is a very rewarding, if not somewhat stressful career. I do know a few ex-trainees though that are now doing flying training instead....

I am a certifying aircraft engineer @ AirNZ and also have a commercial pilot's licence, so been there done that :)

archie-no2
18th December 2010, 08:02
marty
Do you have a job at the end of the course? I thought they happened in Chch, but I do beleive that Rennie Drive has been upgraded. One of our old Bandits (JCM) is in there for the trainees to break and fix again.

Good luck with it. Being a certifying aircraft engineer is a very rewarding, if not somewhat stressful career. I do know a few ex-trainees though that are now doing flying training instead....

I am a certifying aircraft engineer @ AirNZ and also have a commercial pilot's licence, so been there done that

Hi Marty, I will be doing it at Rennie Drive but they wont gaurentee you a job/apprenticeship at the end of the course, so i will have to work my arse off to get a job at the end. I want do my pilots licence at the same time, but its going to cost me alot. Hmm trial things on another bike before you do it on your own, sounds like fun. There is a guy who has an aprilia parked there each day so at least im not the only biker at the air nz training facility. Thanks, Jarrod