PDA

View Full Version : YZ250 crank thread size

rebel
7th January 2011, 19:27
Gday I've got a YZ250 apart atm and the crank thread needs a bit of a tidy up, looks like a M18x1.0 or 1.25mm thread??
I don't work on jap sht so have never come across such an odd size if it is, taken it to a couple of bike shops on the shore and they don't have anything for it, the only die nut I've got is 18x1.5, have yet to try an engineering shop but has anyone had any troubles with this before, assuming all jappa cranks are similar... Cheers for any help.

Motu
7th January 2011, 20:03
You could try a thread file....or a triangle file,or a small half round...won't be pretty.

Ocean1
7th January 2011, 20:14
Gday I've got a YZ250 apart atm and the crank thread needs a bit of a tidy up, looks like a M18x1.0 or 1.25mm thread??
I don't work on jap sht so have never come across such an odd size if it is, taken it to a couple of bike shops on the shore and they don't have anything for it, the only die nut I've got is 18x1.5, have yet to try an engineering shop but has anyone had any troubles with this before, assuming all jappa cranks are similar... Cheers for any help.

Don't know what the pitch would be but any decent engineering shop orta be able to deal with it. Even if you can find a die nut I'd prefer doing it in a lathe, keeps it nice and square.