PDA

View Full Version : Sr250

rabbittingman
16th January 2011, 16:56
Hi you all,I got on here before to ask about my carb on my sr250,the bike keeps racing even when I close the trottle,anyway,I took the carb to bits but couldnt find anything wrong with my untrained eye, but what I want to find out if possible,why,when the butterfly closes when I close the trottle,why does the bike keep racing? when the butterfly is closed,no fuel can get passed..right? lol...it eventually slows down to idlingspeed,but I cant understand the workings of a carb.any takers please? tia

cbfb
16th January 2011, 20:26
Hi you all,I got on here before to ask about my carb on my sr250,the bike keeps racing even when I close the trottle,anyway,I took the carb to bits but couldnt find anything wrong with my untrained eye, but what I want to find out if possible,why,when the butterfly closes when I close the trottle,why does the bike keep racing? when the butterfly is closed,no fuel can get passed..right? lol...it eventually slows down to idlingspeed,but I cant understand the workings of a carb.any takers please? tia

I'm no expert but it sounds like an air leak to me.

2 wheeled worx
21st January 2011, 21:40
get the bike running and squirt crc all around the carb and inlet manifold and see if bike revs up if it dose try locate the spot where it does and this is your air leak or check air mixture screw the only other brass screw that isnt idle speed wind it all they way in till it seats the turn it back out 2 to 2 1/2 turns and see if this helps