PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Round/Long Way Down: the next leg!

Swoop
21st January 2011, 09:10
In a September 2010 interview, Charley said that the third installment of the Long Way series is planned with McGregor for 2011, saying, "It should be crazy stuff riding up through South America. I'm expecting jungles, bandidos and drug lords..."

Good to hear! Watching the extended DVD series over the break had me looking at the Wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Way_Down)and stumbled on this info.

Loads of searches here came up emty.

Devil
26th January 2011, 13:55
Woohoo! I'll be looking forward to it!

cromagnon
26th January 2011, 14:06
Watching the long way series is what got me into adv riding :o and motivated me to get my licence. I just hope McGregor doesnt bring his wife

EJK
26th January 2011, 15:46
Yep I'm a fan of Ewan and Charly too.

sil3nt
26th January 2011, 21:31
I just hope McGregor doesnt bring his wifeHaha yeah that kinda ruins a boys trip doesn't it.

Crisis management
26th January 2011, 21:34
Yep I'm a fan of Ewan and Charly too.

Without trying to be too nasty, my opinion of you has fallen to somewhat lower levels, Ewan is an imbecile and Charlie is a great motorcyclist but the whole 2 bikes and an entourage show is so vomit inducing as to be declared a public health hazard.

I would rather gargle anti freeze than watch another of those shows.

NordieBoy
1st February 2011, 21:39

I take it you don't like Top Gear either?

Latte
1st February 2011, 21:42
Without trying to be too nasty, my opinion of you has fallen to somewhat lower levels, Ewan is an imbecile and Charlie is a great motorcyclist but the whole 2 bikes and an entourage show is so vomit inducing as to be declared a public health hazard.

Must be a piss take, surely?

cromagnon
1st February 2011, 21:53
Maybe he would turn down the FREE motorcycle RTW trip if it was offered to him? :shutup:

Dutchee
1st February 2011, 22:44
There are plenty of folk who can't stand the whingers.
My MIL gave me the LWR book for xmas when it first came out. I'd not heard of either of the guys, and reading the back where it said they were actors, I was expecting the worst.

They got me into adv riding for a while, and I still enjoy the DVD's of the rides, but as to the By Any Means series, no idea on what it's like.

I won't be surprised to see Eve turn up again, as it seemed she enjoyed it (even if, understandably, Charley wasn't impressed).

It's not really two mates going adv riding together, though.
There are other DVD's which are more hard-core and entertaining, but Charley and Ewan do have some interesting stuff.

As to the books, I enjoy reading adv riding books, but can't get into the Morgans' ones (gave up on the 2nd and realised when I almost bought the third, that it wasn't going to be any better, so was better off not torturing myself).

Brett
6th February 2011, 16:37

Care to elaborate on that a bit?

mattian
6th February 2011, 19:59
I watched that Race to Dakar that Charlie Boorman did. God almighty he loves to complain doesn't he? Some riders would give their left testical to do it. He was whinging and moaning before he even started training.
Got to give him credit for getting as far as he did though. Even if he wasn't able to complete it. Certainly would have been an incredible thing to have done.
It's just all the whinging that goes on I can't stand.