PDA

View Full Version : 2011 London Motorcycle Show review

Bob
7th February 2011, 03:48
Thought you might like to see what was on display at the London show this year:

Click here to see the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/mcnshow11.htm)

NZsarge
7th February 2011, 05:11
Nice, cheers for that. Would love to go to a huge motorcycle dedicated show like that some day.

SilentDtH
9th February 2011, 19:11
Looks like a bit of fun, but nothing over the top. Would prefer a mixed show of new and old (lets see some mint classics too! :))

Also the Norton Cafe Racer looks interesting.

Bob
10th February 2011, 01:41
Looks like a bit of fun, but nothing over the top. Would prefer a mixed show of new and old (lets see some mint classics too! :))

Also the Norton Cafe Racer looks interesting.

There is a small classics display at the show. But there are classic motorcycle sites out there (such as http://www.realclassic.co.uk/) that cover that stuff far better than I ever could. Also, the UK gets a lot of classic shows through the year. So I leave that stuff to them to handle.

The aim of the article is to see what is attracting interest this year... which often translates into picking up a low mileage bike about 6 months time as the person lured by 'Shiny Bike Syndrome' finds the bike that looked SO lovely at the show, doesn't really suit their needs! A few years ago, I was writing an article for a magazine about why buying 2nd hand isn't a bad thing... and found a Yamaha FZ6N with just 800 miles on the clock, on sale well under list for new. Owner had seen it at a show, went and bought one, only to find they didn't like it. So someone got to buy a bike not even fully run in, for well under list.

baptist
10th February 2011, 08:18
Many thanks, so here is hoping that in ten or twelve months there will be some Tiger 800's going cheap:woohoo: No! oh well:innocent:

SilentDtH
10th February 2011, 11:32
Thanks for the reply Bob :) I will check out that site.

Bytor
11th February 2011, 10:17
Nice, cheers for that. Would love to go to a huge motorcycle dedicated show like that some day.

Used to go to the NEC every year for the International Bike Show - absolutely huge, even had topless models on some of the custom bike mag stands:eek5: