PDA

View Full Version : Paeroa plans?

Squiggles
10th February 2011, 12:45
I'm thinking of mebe riding down Sat afternoon and camping the night, who else is coming? :drinkup:

avgas
10th February 2011, 12:49
Ha. Camping in paeroa is a scary concept

Gone Burger
10th February 2011, 12:51
Riding half way from Welly myself on the Friday night. Heading to Paeroa on the Saturday morning. Camping there Saturday night. Then finding somewhere for the Sunday night a little futher south I guess. Going to be a good weekend!

Thani-B
10th February 2011, 15:07
Me moving has thrown plans of taking the truck down a bit off. Might just end up riding there in the morn. Will see how things pan out though.

Paul M50
10th February 2011, 16:26
Riding half way from Welly myself on the Friday night. Heading to Paeroa on the Saturday morning. Camping there Saturday night. Then finding somewhere for the Sunday night a little futher south I guess. Going to be a good weekend!

Hey Katie,

The Kauaeranga Valley is about 15 minutes up the road from Paeroa at the back of Thames. It is DOC an has some really nice camping spots. See www.doc.govt.nz/.../documents/.../campsite.../full-list-of-north-island-campsites.pdf

PirateJafa
10th February 2011, 21:45
I'm thinking of mebe riding down Sat afternoon and camping the night, who else is coming? :drinkup:

I'll definitely be riding down Saturday evening, probably with a few other mates. Will be probably taking the Hunua/Kaiaua route for a bit of fun, rather than just the highway.

SMCers welcome to join in. :)

Ixion
11th February 2011, 14:29
I'll be going down on the morning. Unless my current state of crippledness has improved by then, I shall ensconce myself in a comfortable chair in the Ohinimuri club for the entire day. With beer.

nallac
12th February 2011, 09:36
Wheres the camping happening in Paeroa?.
Tryin to organise a few mates to go down on Sat but can't find any info on where to camp.

HungusMaximist
13th February 2011, 10:21
Looks like I'm heading down with Jason in his big ol VW van. Farken awesome.

bikerboy011
14th February 2011, 22:35
Any one riding down on Sunday?

george formby
15th February 2011, 10:30
Heading down on Saturday but managed to wangle a Motel. (It's my annual holiday!) Wheres the best place for a pint & a feed?

Maha
15th February 2011, 10:45
Heading down on Saturday but managed to wangle a Motel. (It's my annual holiday!) Wheres the best place for a pint & a feed?

You got a motel? at this late stage? for one night?

colonel
15th February 2011, 15:39
joy and i heading down sat. staying at Whangamata being on the sun

Gone Burger
15th February 2011, 15:43
Hey Katie,

The Kauaeranga Valley is about 15 minutes up the road from Paeroa at the back of Thames. It is DOC an has some really nice camping spots. See www.doc.govt.nz/.../documents/.../campsite.../full-list-of-north-island-campsites.pdf

Great - Thanks Paul.

Plans have changed a little, trying to duck up there from Welly on the Saturday now, and then shoot home straight after the racing.

Paul M50
15th February 2011, 16:19
Great - Thanks Paul.

Plans have changed a little, trying to duck up there from Welly on the Saturday now, and then shoot home straight after the racing.

Wow thats keen and exhausting!

Gone Burger
15th February 2011, 16:40
Wow thats keen and exhausting!

Yes... that's the plan but not sure if I can make it happen. Boss wont give me the time off work on Monday so I reckon that means about a 1am arrival on monday morning for me.

And yes rick, still working on the plan. But seem to be failing miserably. :(

Reckless
15th February 2011, 19:48
And yes rick, still working on the plan. But seem to be failing miserably. :(

No pressure Sunshine! What will be, will be!

Gotta be there to do some MAG stuff, be pit bitch and I'll have a couple with Sean and Marty at prizegiving instead if our sunset walk on the beach is out!! Just kidding LOL!!

Bounce001
16th February 2011, 08:31
Heading over Friday night and camping with Valley Locals for their Poker Run on Saturday. Camping there also on Saturday night (bands, bar, etc), then a look in at the racing in the way home on Sunday!

Should be an awesome weekend! :woohoo:

PirateJafa
17th February 2011, 19:03
Two options at the moment.

I can take the DR-Z down.

Or, if one other person volunteers to come down with me, I'm happy to take one for the team and will take one of the cars down with my big 8-10 person tent, a couple of chilly-bins and all sorts of other supplies that people might wish for.

Currently it will be the bike though, due to lack of sidekick.

Squiggles
17th February 2011, 23:08
Two options at the moment.

I can take the DR-Z down.

Or, if one other person volunteers to come down with me, I'm happy to take one for the team and will take one of the cars down with my big 8-10 person tent, a couple of chilly-bins and all sorts of other supplies that people might wish for.

Currently it will be the bike though, due to lack of sidekick.

Hanne and I still aren't sure how we be travelling, what time you thinking of leaving? Could resume my role as professional passenger :lol:

PirateJafa
18th February 2011, 05:21
Hanne and I still aren't sure how we be travelling, what time you thinking of leaving? Could resume my role as professional passenger :lol:

Will be leaving just after 6pm (work). :)

Slyer
18th February 2011, 07:52
Hey I already said I would come with ya!

The Pastor
18th February 2011, 12:12
im so shotgunning my spot in davids tent. I don't mind cuddling either.

The Pastor
18th February 2011, 12:12
Will be leaving just after 6pm (work). :)

if you take the DR are you taking ur tent? let me know asap, cos if ur not taking ur tent i'll take mine.

Gone Burger
18th February 2011, 12:33
Are the Rugby Grounds (for camping) easy to find in Paeroa? I'm travelling solo and havn't been there before.

george formby
18th February 2011, 12:44
You got a motel? at this late stage? for one night?

Two nights, leisurely ride back up north on Monday out of respect for our pillions. Phoned the Motel moments after a cancellation. It was a last minute decision a few days ago to head down & I expected to be a LOT further away.

I'm regarding this weekend as my summer holiday:woohoo:

Squiggles
19th February 2011, 14:57
Heading down now, catch you all there.

0212685528 if you can't find me :scooter: