PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Waipu, 12 March 2011

The Pastor
2nd March 2011, 07:26
if ur keen post here and i'll PM you details. Going to get some yum pizza at waipu pizza barn. (its moderately expensive, but not tooo bad)

Leaner and scooter rider friendly

Slyer
2nd March 2011, 09:57
Will see what bikes I have functional on the day!

Ixion
2nd March 2011, 18:57
Sounds like a pran.

Up to Waipu the back way, eh. Via the pub at wozzaname (begins with an M, y'know the one, y'turn off after Wellsford, at the place begins with H ). Then onward through the back way where it's all twisty.

Ixion
2nd March 2011, 19:29
Te Hana . Thatz the place. Knew it began with an H. And Mangawhai is the other place. Good road. Very safe, only once ever seen a snake on it.

Then up the coast over that big hill , very twisty, also very safe. Langs summit or other. Beach, cove, heads summit.

BTW , did you brew that beer yourself? If you did , you should keep at it, it was a damn good drop.

Magua
2nd March 2011, 22:18
BTW , did you brew that beer yourself? If you did , you should keep at it, it was a damn good drop.

We did indeed. Got a lager on the go at the moment.

The Pastor
3rd March 2011, 15:41
Te Hana . Thatz the place. Knew it began with an H. And Mangawhai is the other place. Good road. Very safe, only once ever seen a snake on it.

Then up the coast over that big hill , very twisty, also very safe. Langs summit or other. Beach, cove, heads summit.

yeah i like it alot too.

not sure about the pub on the way up, there is beer at waipu pizza barn.

gijoe1313
3rd March 2011, 15:44
My god, I might actually be allowed to go riding! :innocent:

Maha
3rd March 2011, 15:52
Turn off before Wellsford at Wayby Valley rd or if you're coming out at the of SH16, turn left in Wellsford township, then ride about a K up the road and turn right at the top of the hill (Matheson rd)..then follow the sign posts.
Or....its not my ride so can you can go whichever way you want.

Suntoucher
3rd March 2011, 16:57
Looks like a decent run, will get my legwarmers and spandex out provided all the bugs have been ironed out of my motor. Thank God for part time work, most of my weekends have been freed up.

The Pastor
4th March 2011, 14:36
My god, I might actually be allowed to go riding! :innocent:

hope you can make it mate :)

The Pastor
4th March 2011, 14:37
Looks like a decent run, will get my legwarmers and spandex out provided all the bugs have been ironed out of my motor. Thank God for part time work, most of my weekends have been freed up.

You coming to the chillar tonite?

JK12
4th March 2011, 15:48
if ur keen post here and i'll PM you details. Going to get some yum pizza at waipu pizza barn. (its moderately expensive, but not tooo bad)

Leaner and scooter rider friendly

Hi,
I'm keen. Could you post me the details pls.

yachtie10
4th March 2011, 16:24
Turn off before Wellsford at Wayby Valley rd or if you're coming out at the of SH16, turn left in Wellsford township, then ride about a K up the road and turn right at the top of the hill (Matheson rd)..then follow the sign posts.

Turn left in welsford?????
turn right on road to pakari i think you mean

Maha
4th March 2011, 16:31
Turn left in welsford?????
turn right on road to pakari i think you mean

If you are coming off 16 you turn left, and yes, then turn right onto Mathesons RD.

Squiggles
9th March 2011, 23:31
Will put this in tomorrows newsletter

jono035
10th March 2011, 06:22

Yeah, that's a really good route to get to Mangawhai. It's pretty nice, especially once you get up to where you can spot the ocean on the hills.

superman
10th March 2011, 09:53
Scooter speed friendly? Learner speed friendly? Speed limit speed friendly? Or "slightly" above speed limit speed friendly? :blink:

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 09:56
Yeah, that's a really good route to get to Mangawhai. It's pretty nice, especially once you get up to where you can spot the ocean on the hills.

yeah i think we will be going that way.

you comin jono?

gijoe1313
10th March 2011, 09:58
So where we meeting for the start point? Still tossing up what to bring on the ride (eeny, meeny, miny, mo sort of thing).:innocent:

My girl has been drafted into work on Saturday leaving me a few hours of glorious man-time! :woohoo:

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 10:21
Scooter speed friendly? Learner speed friendly? Speed limit speed friendly? Or "slightly" above speed limit speed friendly? :blink:

all of the above mate, i will be waiting for everyone at every turn off point so you wont get lost, but if you do just head north to wellsford and we will meet up at the petrol station there. (just stay on SH16).

If you are a fast rider, please learn the route and head off a little bit early and meet us up at wellsford / waipu so you don't pressure the rider behind you, or use dodgy overtaking manuovers. If I see any dodgy skidmark shit, I will ask you to tone it down and (if bad enough) i'll ask you to go home.

Please remember to ride your own ride, don't put yourself under pressure to ride fast if you don't have the skills and experience to back it up. I have seen a lot of people crash because they are scared of getting left behind. everyone is to ride their own ride.

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 10:21
So where we meeting for the start point? Still tossing up what to bring on the ride (eeny, meeny, miny, mo sort of thing).:innocent:

My girl has been drafted into work on Saturday leaving me a few hours of glorious man-time! :woohoo:

westgate shell mate,

please come :D havnt seeen you for ages, or ridden with you for ages +1

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 10:23
Will put this in tomorrows newsletter

you keen?

Ixion
10th March 2011, 11:02
westgate shell mate,

please come :D havnt seeen you for ages, or ridden with you for ages +1

When ?? SMC time or real universe time?

(Please do not say something silly like 9am. I am not a morning person)

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 11:34
When ?? SMC time or real universe time?

(Please do not say something silly like 9am. I am not a morning person)

10am leaving at 10.30amish

Ixion
10th March 2011, 11:53
That's still awfully early, but I guess it's doable, with liberal values of ish in 1030ish.

At what point do you plan to get lost, in case I have to catch up?

BTW , i assume this one does not include a cattle herding component? I ask only in the interests of bike selection. And Mr Joe, you ought not to be hesitating in the least. How can you treat your poor neglected , loving Daisy with such disdain?

If I could bodge a caliper in time I would even bring my arzhole to keep her company, but I fear that distance with a locked on front brake is a bit much.

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 12:41
That's still awfully early, but I guess it's doable, with liberal values of ish in 1030ish.

At what point do you plan to get lost, in case I have to catch up?

BTW , i assume this one does not include a cattle herding component? I ask only in the interests of bike selection. And Mr Joe, you ought not to be hesitating in the least. How can you treat your poor neglected , loving Daisy with such disdain?

If I could bodge a caliper in time I would even bring my arzhole to keep her company, but I fear that distance with a locked on front brake is a bit much.

No gravel for this ride. (keeping it retard friendly) and just remove the front brake, its only extra weight.

gijoe1313
10th March 2011, 13:29
Of course now that has been said, there shall be plenty of roadworks with a massive detour through ... gravel. :innocent:

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 15:30
Of course now that has been said, there shall be plenty of roadworks with a massive detour through ... gravel. :innocent:

one can only hope

jono035
10th March 2011, 18:58
yeah i think we will be going that way.

you comin jono?

Yeah, sounds good. Wasn't sure whether I'd be working or not, but I'm pretty keen to just say fuckit after a 12 hour day today.

There with bells on.

The Pastor
10th March 2011, 21:26
Yeah, sounds good. Wasn't sure whether I'd be working or not, but I'm pretty keen to just say fuckit after a 12 hour day today.

There with bells on.

sweet, you should make chris come show us his new bike

Gremlin
11th March 2011, 03:59
I should come... pm sent...

jono035
11th March 2011, 05:25
sweet, you should make chris come show us his new bike

Will try, for sure.

The Pastor
11th March 2011, 10:20
I should come... pm sent...

hell yeah!

although, yourself, justin and myself on a ride.... might just end up in christchurch or kaitaia!

matdaymon
11th March 2011, 12:36
I'd like to come, but already committed myself for tomorrow. Damn will have to join up with you folks some other time for a ride.

Also, is there some kind of procedure for joining the AUSMC or just show up to a meet and introduce one's self?

The Pastor
11th March 2011, 12:54
I'd like to come, but already committed myself for tomorrow. Damn will have to join up with you folks some other time for a ride.

Also, is there some kind of procedure for joining the AUSMC or just show up to a meet and introduce one's self?

squiggles is the president, we have drinks every friday at strata, come along to that and say hi

gijoe1313
12th March 2011, 22:25
Was a mint ride, even though Gremlin turned up at the end and almost spoiled it for me! :bleh:

matdaymon
13th March 2011, 18:10
you guys need to take a camera along with you to these events so everyone can see what a great time you had :cool: