PDA

View Full Version : H100 oil pump dead?

motorbyclist
5th March 2011, 18:53
Would anyone know how to confirm/repair a dead oil pump on a 100cc 2 stroke road bike? I reckon that's the problem but would rather repair than just blank it off and run premix.

Had severe detonation (may have been cause by another problem) and after the new head would start losing power after 5 minutes. It seems to be making very little blue smoke.....

Any ideas?

FJRider
5th March 2011, 18:58
Would anyone know how to confirm/repair a dead oil pump on a 100cc 2 stroke road bike? I reckon that's the problem but would rather repair than just blank it off and run premix.

Had severe detonation (may have been cause by another problem) and after the new head would start losing power after 5 minutes. It seems to be making very little blue smoke.....

Any ideas?

Might be easier/cheaper to replace ... rather than repair ...

Try a few motorcycle wreckers ...

motorbyclist
6th March 2011, 11:09
Might be easier/cheaper to replace ... rather than repair ...

Try a few motorcycle wreckers ...

well, how do I know if it's even stuffed? anything else it might possibly be?

FJRider
6th March 2011, 11:57
well, how do I know if it's even stuffed? anything else it might possibly be?

One clue ... it's not working ...

But you could take it off the bike ... clean it out ... and try it again ...

pete376403
6th March 2011, 17:15
Can you remove the pump from the bike, plumb up an oil supply to it and spin the pump with a drill motor (make sure the drill is turning the correct rotation)

Soon tell you if it's working or not

motorbyclist
8th March 2011, 21:43
Can you remove the pump from the bike, plumb up an oil supply to it and spin the pump with a drill motor (make sure the drill is turning the correct rotation)

Soon tell you if it's working or not

cheers, good idea