PDA

View Full Version : Parking wardens on the rampage!

maggot
16th March 2011, 17:19
Looks like they're out in force atm. Watched a guy discover two tickets on his scoot in the loading bay on symonds (one for the loading bay, two for no rego displayed), had a bit of a laugh at his face as he checked the signage informing him that he was indeed in the wrong.. :devil2:
Walked past a few more times that day and tickets were constantly popping up, so be careful and let people know if they haven't got the message already.

On top of that, how many people got 'orange-stickered' yesterday under the quad? Seems to have cleared up the parking area a bit more today, conspicuous absence of many bikes! Are people actually using OGGB now?

matdaymon
16th March 2011, 17:29
I came close to getting something yesterday. Was going to park by the Auckland Library but decided not to risk it seeing the only space in the lineup was on the loading zone only side of the pole and knowing how they love to be all technical and sting you for being 2ft on the wrong side of the sign...
The work they're doing on Lorne St is really causing havoc with parking seeing we've lost half of the normal capacity (the space they've dedicated for it on Rutland is only half the parks).
It's really noticeable in the St Pauls street covered park too with heaps more scoots and bikes cramming in.

maggot
16th March 2011, 17:49
It's turning to havoc all over the uni/aut various areas..
A hellova lot more scoots than last year, I'm sure, coupled with roadworks all over the show is putting pressure on the little space we've got left.
It's getting to be quite a worry!

scumdog
16th March 2011, 18:32
Parking wardens???

Never seen one - sound like I don't want to either!:nono:

maggot
16th March 2011, 18:43
Parking wardens???

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?

JimO
16th March 2011, 19:22
Parking wardens???

they are like cops but worse, wont let you off with a sob story

Squiggles
16th March 2011, 23:00
Looks like they're out in force atm. Watched a guy discover two tickets on his scoot in the loading bay on symonds (one for the loading bay, two for no rego displayed), had a bit of a laugh at his face as he checked the signage informing him that he was indeed in the wrong.. :devil2:
Walked past a few more times that day and tickets were constantly popping up, so be careful and let people know if they haven't got the message already.

On top of that, how many people got 'orange-stickered' yesterday under the quad? Seems to have cleared up the parking area a bit more today, conspicuous absence of many bikes! Are people actually using OGGB now?

Managed to warn a few the other week re Symonds, still looks the same as the rest of the bays unfortunately.

I expect we'll lose under Science if things don't clean up down there, whoever owns ehabs old gsx doesn't seem to care (i've flyered him a few times yet he persists in footpath parking)

The Pastor
17th March 2011, 12:08
Managed to warn a few the other week re Symonds, still looks the same as the rest of the bays unfortunately.

I expect we'll lose under Science if things don't clean up down there, whoever owns ehabs old gsx doesn't seem to care (i've flyered him a few times yet he persists in footpath parking)

remove his spark plugs

mattian
17th March 2011, 13:15
they are like cops but worse, wont let you off with a sob story

Its hit and miss with some of the parking wardens. I got a ticket from one after I showed him my rego/warrant that I had to carry around on my person because it kept getting ripped off. He didnt care! 2 hundy dollar fine!!!!!!! its crazy. Then, about a week later, meet another parking warden who was mad about bikes. After explaining to him my situation we had a good yarn about the bikes of yester-year. I just nodded and pretended to know what he was talking about. Apparently he used to race in the Shell 500. buggered if I'd ever heard of it.

The Pastor
17th March 2011, 14:55

but we can still park under there currently?

Magua
17th March 2011, 15:20
but we can still park under there currently?

Correct. Just keep away from the footpaths.

nosebleed
17th March 2011, 16:31
I came close to getting something yesterday. Was going to park by the Auckland Library but decided not to risk it seeing the only space in the lineup was on the loading zone only side of the pole and knowing how they love to be all technical and sting you for being 2ft on the wrong side of the sign... .

While we're being technical and shit, NZ started using the metric system in 1969 so no-one really knows how far 2ft actually is.
It's a unit of measurement your grandad regales with fondness but is shrouded in mythology for the rest of us.

HTH.

JimO
17th March 2011, 16:44
its 600millimetrics

The Pastor
17th March 2011, 17:09
While we're being technical and shit, NZ started using the metric system in 1969 so no-one really knows how far 2ft actually is.
It's a unit of measurement your grandad regales with fondness but is shrouded in mythology for the rest of us.

HTH.

its 1 ft short of 3ft. duuuuuuh

motorbyclist
17th March 2011, 17:31

might pay to talk to unisafe to let them know we have been on their case. Maybe leaving a note to get them to call us might help. After than, physically moving the thing across to beside the stairs would be the next step.

Locks/disabling the bike is a bit of a minefield, before people go suggesting it, and the last thing we want is unisafe busting out the chains

SPman
17th March 2011, 17:41

HTH.
609.6mm, 24 inches, .666666.... of a yard, .00329 of a nautical mile, .000329 of a mile, etc etc.
For us old fucks, it's a secret code that you youngsters can merely wonder about.....

maggot
17th March 2011, 17:42

Is that the tidy GSX or the POS GSX? I see them both parked in front of the stairs on occasion, as well as a DRZ400, if we cross paths I'll let them know they're in the wrong spot.
Just to clarify, UNDER the stairs and either side is okay? Just not in front? And the corners are off limits? Next to cars leaving adequate room is a definite no-no.. so that leaves the cage and designated spot, right?