PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Engineering

Devy
30th March 2011, 13:04
hey guys,

not being mean or anything but there's a few bikers out there that seem to not know how to park?? those yellow lines at the engineering carpark are there for a reason soo any1 that parks at the engineering carpark can you please learn to park parrallel to the lines and close to the bike next 2 u. DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!

cheers
dev

White trash
30th March 2011, 13:53
DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!

Ahh well if it's VERY annoying I shall desist from here on in, a thousand apologies

Squiggles
30th March 2011, 15:16
hey guys,

not being mean or anything but there's a few bikers out there that seem to not know how to park?? those yellow lines at the engineering carpark are there for a reason soo any1 that parks at the engineering carpark can you please learn to park parrallel to the lines and close to the bike next 2 u. DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!

cheers
dev

Flick me an email at sdod021 at aucklanduni dot ac dot nz and i'll send ya a copy of the flyer we usually put on the bikes that mispark :yes:

maggot
30th March 2011, 16:59
Flick me an email at sdod021 at aucklanduni dot ac dot nz and i'll send ya a copy of the flyer we usually put on the bikes that mispark :yes:

Reckon I could grab a copy of that too? Wouldn't mind doing some flyering myself. Would rather see people park properly than get towed or raged on by indignant drivers.
ripped_blue_jeans@hotmail.com

Ixion
30th March 2011, 17:24
Ahh well if it's VERY annoying I shall desist from here on in, a thousand apologies

I certainly hope so. Indeed it's not merely very annoying, it's positively vexatious. Consider yourself reprimanded , you bad mans you .:bleh:

motorbyclist
30th March 2011, 19:02
hey guys,

cheers
dev

that's not what the lines are for, but they can be helpful nonetheless. I find more can park if there is a mix of parallel and perpendicular, but all it takes is one person to leave a huge gap and ruin it.

Also, in the past people have been very good at parking each other in or parking such that drivers cannot get out of their car if they park in the disabled park. The faculty has left a skip there for months, as well as a big pile of rocks for 6 months (no-one even knew who it belonged to): the staff responsible for the skip were of the opinion that because the parking was not there a decade ago, it doesn't matter if they plonk a skip in it. No, I'm not kidding.

Best of luck to you.