PDA

View Full Version : Surging CRF

carver
21st April 2011, 20:33
Hey noobs

My CRF 250 has apparently been jetted for the pro circuit pipe, hi comp wisco, and no toil filter, but after you get off the gas it just keep powering on, no problem in netural!
Oh, and it wont idle under a RPM that sounds waaay to high!
How do i fix it surging, cause it is a slut '12ing it over every jump

carver
22nd April 2011, 20:32
I have a suspicion that the float levels are too high causing it to flood at low idle, and when you back off the throttle fuel is still going in, does this sound likely?

F5 Dave
26th April 2011, 17:34
Maybe apparently jetted means not jetted properly. Or you have an airleak. Go through & check the engine for leaks, check the filter is seated & isn't incorrectly gloobed with too much oil & check the float height. While you are there check the jets sizes & needle & get on a CRF forum (or DRN.net) & see if they are going in that direction. If ok in neutral can indicate that you need to be richer as not under load.

Think about where in the throttle position it is doing it & read some jetting articles. The idling high thing is indicating a leak perhaps. Or could be a low float height.

I would have thought you would have liked it being a slut.

Silly things 4 strokes, you should have known that.

carver
27th April 2011, 16:41
Swet, thanks, but I may get another honda CRF!

F5 Dave
27th April 2011, 17:48
There's your problem. KTM & Gaser still make decent 2 strokes.

carver
27th April 2011, 21:05
There's your problem. KTM & Gaser still make decent 2 strokes.

i dont think gas gas do, mine just had a mega fault! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

F5 Dave
28th April 2011, 09:23
How old is it? & when was it last rebuilt?

Then price up a similar blow up on a 'onda 4 stroke. Don't forget to include the valves that would have munged the head. they aren't XRs.

carver
28th April 2011, 19:06
How old is it? & when was it last rebuilt?

Then price up a similar blow up on a 'onda 4 stroke. Don't forget to include the valves that would have munged the head. they aren't XRs.

05, rebuild maybe 30 hours before it blew up!
I will see how the CRF goes!