PDA

View Full Version : Heads up - Cycling Event Clevedon/Hunuas/Kaiawa/Kawakawa Bay - 1 May 2011

BarBender
30th April 2011, 20:26
Just a heads up for those riding through Kaiawa tomorrow morning, the annual Cycle for Life cycling race will be starting 8am from Clevedon. There will be cyclists on the road until 2pm so take care.

The course route is as follows:
From the start the route continues along Monument Road and a steady climb to Skyhigh Rd where you go down to White Rd and on into the small settlement of Hunua. Continue along into Happy Valley and come out on to old State Highway 2 at Mangatawhiri. Soon after the route veers off to the left towards Mangatangi and through rolling farm land before descending down to the coast where a good view can be had of the Firth of Thames and the distant Coromandel ranges.

At Kaiaua, the ½ way point, toilet facilities are near by at the boat ramp car park. The ride follows the coast for about 20kms. After a climb and drop down to the Orere Point turn off, you go left to stay on the costal highway, and climb through picturesque bush before a fast down hill run into Kawakawa Bay, after skirting the bay it is inland through gently rolling country to the finish back at the Showgrounds

More details here:
Cycle for Life (http://res.nz.eventdirector.net/CLIFE/SITES/20/ZUSER/Documents/2011%20Cycle%204%20Life%20Entry%20Form%20HR.pdf)

Taz
30th April 2011, 21:53
Where's Kaiawa?

Latte
30th April 2011, 22:31
Where's Kaiawa?

Close to Miwanda, near the hunuwa fawws. Lots of wascally wabbits out dere.

Gremlin
1st May 2011, 01:09
I imagine he means Kaiaua

Taz
1st May 2011, 09:02
I imagine he means Kaiaua

Ya thinks? :lol:

Gremlin
1st May 2011, 14:22
Ya thinks? :lol:
That's why I said it? :scratch:

Latte