PDA

View Full Version : Win some gloves

Hanne
2nd May 2011, 10:36
Click here (http://www.aucklandtransport.govt.nz/moving-around/road-safety/MotorcycleSafety/Pages/Think-Twice-Competition.aspx) to enter the Auckland Transport competition and win a pair of gloves.

Pass it on to any new riders/ scooterists/ mates in need of snuggly new hand coverage.

Not as flash as what's on offer at Cycletreads, but potentially free.

Slyer
2nd May 2011, 21:46
It just asks for my username and password.

hayd3n
2nd May 2011, 22:50
what is the username and password?

Hanne
2nd May 2011, 23:15
Hmmm. Seems it worked for all of 48 hours after they finally fixed the first glitch (tried to enter on the 21st and it told me the comp had already closed on the 30th ><). The Auckland Transport people told me it was fixed and it worked long enough for my sister enter the next day....

Who knows? Fail technology = fail campaign imo :blink:

I have let them know.....

The Pastor
4th May 2011, 11:13
Its working now, hope i win a pair cos i really need new gloves lol

jim.cox
4th May 2011, 11:56
Damn

this is open only to 'Auckland Residents only'

but you gotta go read the terms and conditons to find it :(

The Pastor
4th May 2011, 12:17
Damn

this is open only to 'Auckland Residents only'

but you gotta go read the terms and conditons to find it :(

you can put my address in if u like, then i'll send the gloves to you if you win..............

Hanne
4th May 2011, 13:27
Glad it's up and running again.
It will be Auckland only because it is run by Auckland Transport.
If you like the campaign recommend it to your local council :)

Maha
4th May 2011, 13:55
All correctly answered, if I win Scott, you can have the gloves...:love:

The Pastor
4th May 2011, 15:16
All correctly answered, if I win Scott, you can have the gloves...:love:

Wow. thats really kind of you, Cheers mate :D

.chris
25th June 2011, 12:41
I won some of the gloves in this give away, which is good cause now I actually own some half decent winter gloves.

By the list they were ticking people off when I claimed mine they gave away quite a few pairs of gloves, good on ya Auckland Transport.

2Seat_Terror
25th June 2011, 12:58
I won too, apparently. Just gotta make my way up from the Tron to claim the prize...

The Pastor
25th June 2011, 21:49
im a winnnnnnnnnnar!

Hanne
28th June 2011, 07:42
oh. lol. looks like this is another comp where the SMC takes half the prizes! Yep, I won a pair too (might let my dad get a pair though as he has none).
Still, gloves are good! Good place to start...

Quasievil
28th June 2011, 07:44
Yeah I won some to, I wont use them tho prolly give them away

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 11:23
Yeah I won some to, I wont use them tho prolly give them away

nah keep em, much better upgrade over the crap your currently using.

Logpot
29th June 2011, 11:28
I won too but when my Auckland based friend went in to collect them on my behalf they had run out of the REVIT gloves and gave her something else instead.

Be a wee surprise when they arrive in the mail.

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 13:20
I won too but when my Auckland based friend went in to collect them on my behalf they had run out of the REVIT gloves and gave her something else instead.

Be a wee surprise when they arrive in the mail.

they have two brands you can choose from, i got revit, but i think they other ones are better.

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 16:18
nah keep em, much better upgrade over the crap your currently using.a cheap revit better than KNOX handriods, god damn youre a stupid plonker aint ya

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 17:21
a cheap revit better than KNOX handriods, god damn youre a stupid plonker aint ya

At least I know where my gloves are made.....

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 17:44
At least I know where my gloves are made.....

And your point is what ?

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 20:02
And your point is what ?

you can't get quality from Pakistan, india or china......

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 20:05
you can't get quality from Pakistan, india or china......

Okay, so errr what brand do you wear ?

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 20:27
Okay, so errr what brand do you wear ?

qmoto, worst gloves ever made

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 20:30
qmoto, worst gloves ever made

Haha really ?? not according to Sloane Frost and Nick Cole, I think they might know what they are talking about, they both prefer our gloves to the Big name brands.

but nice troll for an amature:yes:

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 20:46
Haha really ?? not according to Sloane Frost and Nick Cole, I think they might know what they are talking about, they both prefer our gloves to the Big name brands.

but nice troll for an amature:yes:

while you SAY the gloves are awesome, the proof in the pudding. And this pudding is bad.

whats even worse is the guy who sells them. He just hasnt got a clue on customer service.

No It wouldnt be reconstituted leather ya moron, its you wearing the fucking things out from rubbing your cock between your forefinger and thumb

step 1. Deny problem
step 2. Insult customer
Step 3. Insult customer
step 4. Post it on a public forum

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 20:52
while you SAY the gloves are awesome, the proof in the pudding. And this pudding is bad.

whats even worse is the guy who sells them. He just hasnt got a clue on customer service.

step 1. Deny problem
step 2. Insult customer
Step 3. Insult customer
step 4. Post it on a public forum

Wow really, youre boring me just like your gay lovers..........all boring

The Pastor
29th June 2011, 20:58
Wow really, youre boring me just like your gay lovers..........all boring

are you an expert in gay sex? didnt know that, but always thought it.

nzspokes
29th June 2011, 21:13
Enough of that.

So can I win some, link asks me for login and password. :bye:

Scuba_Steve
29th June 2011, 21:37
Enough of that.

So can I win some

Yea I'm with this guy, can I win some??? (handriods), Just make sure I'm the only entrant in the competition ay :msn-wink: :innocent:

Quasievil
29th June 2011, 21:46
Yea I'm with this guy, can I win some??? (handriods), Just make sure I'm the only entrant in the competition ay :msn-wink: :innocent:

Dont mind Renegade twat, he is on a discrediting mission, funny that the gloves he brought 5 years ago and still wears are bad quality :facepalm:5 years from a pair of gloves is legendary.............idiots are on KB like everywhere else.

There isnt a competition on Handriods tho thats not a bad idea !!

Ixion
19th July 2011, 17:15
Stop squibbling.

I won some glubs too, just been to pick them up. They had one sort , and another sort, but only one pair of the another sort, which fortunately fitted me. I never win anything, so that's a score.

And werk gave me $200 of Motomail vouchers a while back for doing some shit I can't now remember, so I got a new helmet too. Nowt wrong with the old one, but it's about 8 years old and the visor is scratched and hard to replace. So I bought a new lid. It's the bendy sort, I didn't actually intend to get a bendy one, but they didn't have many in white, and the one I did like was $400 (it was the bendy sort also) , but didn't have loopies. I very much prefer loopies. Then I spotted another white one in the right size (I didn't want to have to make another trip back), which was also bendy and did have loopies. And they kindly offered to knock $150 off to bring it down to the $200. Obviously realizing that I am only a poor impoverished old man eking out a parsimonious and frugal existence on the smell of an oily rag (I think I've overlubed ffwabbitt's chain so the existence is a bit more ekey than usual) .So that seemed reasonable.

And I also got a bendy tyre thing, I keep saying I'll make one but I never get round to it. Cost $15 which seems very dear given |I could make it for nothing, but there's the getting round bit, and after the stupid servo thing let all the air out of my tyres the other week, riding over the Kaimais on 20psi was tedious, the loan of a bendy thing was very helpful. So now I have my own, so long as I can remember to take it along.

All in all , quite a productive day. Thanks all those who contributed.

The Pastor
20th July 2011, 14:34
Stop squibbling.

I won some glubs too, just been to pick them up. They had one sort , and another sort, but only one pair of the another sort, which fortunately fitted me. I never win anything, so that's a score.

And werk gave me $200 of Motomail vouchers a while back for doing some shit I can't now remember, so I got a new helmet too. Nowt wrong with the old one, but it's about 8 years old and the visor is scratched and hard to replace. So I bought a new lid. It's the bendy sort, I didn't actually intend to get a bendy one, but they didn't have many in white, and the one I did like was $400 (it was the bendy sort also) , but didn't have loopies. I very much prefer loopies. Then I spotted another white one in the right size (I didn't want to have to make another trip back), which was also bendy and did have loopies. And they kindly offered to knock $150 off to bring it down to the $200. Obviously realizing that I am only a poor impoverished old man eking out a parsimonious and frugal existence on the smell of an oily rag (I think I've overlubed ffwabbitt's chain so the existence is a bit more ekey than usual) .So that seemed reasonable.

And I also got a bendy tyre thing, I keep saying I'll make one but I never get round to it. Cost $15 which seems very dear given |I could make it for nothing, but there's the getting round bit, and after the stupid servo thing let all the air out of my tyres the other week, riding over the Kaimais on 20psi was tedious, the loan of a bendy thing was very helpful. So now I have my own, so long as I can remember to take it along.

All in all , quite a productive day. Thanks all those who contributed.

going to the cold kiwi?

Quasievil
20th July 2011, 14:55
going to the cold kiwi?

Hey homo pm me your email I will send my voucher to you so you can get them
ok

Scuba_Steve
20th July 2011, 14:58
Received my Gloves today, got me some Rjays it seems :yes:. warm when inside, Still gotta try them in the frosty mornings & stormy rain tho that'll be the test

Dont mind Renegade twat, he is on a discrediting mission, funny that the gloves he brought 5 years ago and still wears are bad quality :facepalm:5 years from a pair of gloves is legendary.............idiots are on KB like everywhere else.

There isnt a competition on Handriods tho thats not a bad idea !!

So whens this "Scuba Steve wins a pair of Handriods" competition happening??? :Pokey: :innocent:

Lucyloo
20th July 2011, 16:36
Went in on Saturday to collect mine. They only had a few pairs left - all size large except for one pair which was XXXXL! They would have fitted a giant!

Apparently it was first in, first served. Consequently my partner now has a new pair of gloves. Oh well, it would have been nice to have had a new pair of gloves too.
L.

Hanne
21st July 2011, 18:43
Went in on Saturday to collect mine. They only had a few pairs left - all size large except for one pair which was XXXXL! They would have fitted a giant!

Apparently it was first in, first served. Consequently my partner now has a new pair of gloves. Oh well, it would have been nice to have had a new pair of gloves too.
L.

I think it depended on who you talked to...
I went in yesterday with my sister to pick up our pairs and the guy was super helpful.
Explained that I was after a good warm winter pair with thermal lining whereas my sister wanted basic summer/winter gloves with waterproofing, he gave us a choice of makes and let us find the size that fitted best.
Given that the two of us have super midget hands and he managed to find the perfect fit to match both of our specifications, I was most impressed!

Lucyloo
22nd July 2011, 12:26
Oh great! Now I'm depressed!
THe person I spoke to wasn't helpful at all. Put a box with about 5 pairs of gloves in it in front of us and said choose from here!
Oh well! Them's the breaks.
L.

The Pastor
22nd July 2011, 12:56
Hey homo pm me your email I will send my voucher to you so you can get them
ok

I would pick up ur gloves for you, but they ask you for ID at the counter.

BoristheBiter
22nd July 2011, 13:11
I picked mine up at the beginning of the month and they told me that the rev-it stock had not arrived so tried to give me the other type out of the box. Crap gloves, they might keep your hands warm but my ski gloves are smaller. Can't even feel the throttle with them on.
They gave me a different pair of rev-its, (club I think they were) thin useless, no armor.

Where I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, if they say you will win something at least have it in stock.

Scuba_Steve
22nd July 2011, 13:14
I would pick up ur gloves for you, but they ask you for ID at the counter.

I got mine by emailing them my photo ID & naming the person that was going to pick 'em up for me, "as I had since moved from Auckland". Went smoothly enough for me :D