PDA

View Full Version : Mt Wellington this Sat (14 May)

BigAl
10th May 2011, 13:16
Reminder for those that want to come along and ride Pocket Bikes on the Mt Wellington track or have a look at what they are all about.

This Saturday from 9.30, 28 Tainui Road, (off Morrin Road) Mt Wellington

Cost to ride is $20, $10 kids. Minimum protective gear is ankles covered, knee pads, stout jacket, gloves & helmet (no visible flesh)

Rubber/Nylon pegs and side stands removed please to protect track.

mr_penguin
24th May 2011, 17:59
Hey BigAl

What type of turn out you getting up there mini moto wise ?

Will we see that B1 of yours back on edgecombe ?

Regards
Ian

BigAl
24th May 2011, 21:34
Hi Ian,

Turn out at Mt Welly was a bit thin this time only around 1/2 doz pockets.
Could have been the weather as track was wet to start with and you'd know if ever running there is real slippery when damp.
I've never seen as many buckets crash, no injuries luckily.
Wouldn't mind getting over to Edgecumbe again, but it's just the 2+ hours traveling that gets me, still if I get someone else in the area here interested you never know.

The pockets are still bloody good fun eh.

cheers.

Al.

mr_penguin
25th May 2011, 19:09
Hi Ian,

Turn out at Mt Welly was a bit thin this time only around 1/2 doz pockets.
Could have been the weather as track was wet to start with and you'd know if ever running there is real slippery when damp.

I'd like to try that track at some stage on my me B1, I've been told don't do
it if it's wet.... What's the surface like ?

I've never seen as many buckets crash, no injuries luckily.
Wouldn't mind getting over to Edgecumbe again, but it's just the 2+ hours traveling that gets me, still if I get someone else in the area here interested you never know.

Buckets..... dunno bout them things I watched the video's of them on mt wellington and well.... I'd rather race me B1... but hey each to there own...

I remember when a bucket was made outta all types of bits and odd mod's to engines... home made water jackets etc etc....

What's with this buying a bucket class bike off a shop floor ??? oh well....

The pockets are still bloody good fun eh.

Heck yes and better in numbers raced on kart tracks :)

chow

cheers.

Al.

BigAl
26th May 2011, 09:11
Surface real good in the dry with lots of rubber laid down so good grip and means tyres last for ages.