PDA

View Full Version : NZ-made Rg150/Rgv250 powervalves

Jase W
16th May 2011, 19:00
A while back I recall seeing someone on trademe advertising powervalves they were making themselves for a reasonable price (based in chch I believe), but they are not up there now, and funnily enough the 150 has lunched its pair. Does anyone know who it was that was producing these and if they are still doing it?

Str8 Jacket
16th May 2011, 19:07
PM oyster, AKA Peter Jones from Chch. He repaired mine once, easy and cheap..... or are you looking for spares?

Jase W
16th May 2011, 22:01
Mine are not repairable :(
well only one of them, the other is all good.
The pins loosened up and elongated their holes, looks like they've been heat seizing in their bores and the force of the opening action has caused heaps of play. One has snapped at one end and worn away pretty bad at the piston end (engine still ran though lol). Ill talk to pete tho, he might know who was making them.

Str8 Jacket
17th May 2011, 06:52
Mine are not repairable :(

That is honestly what I thought about mine.... Ya never know. Good luck!!

imdying
17th May 2011, 10:24
He has a set for sale at the moment on trademe, $150. I have a good set of late ones as well which I'd part with, but I'd want more money than that. They're the type with the pin inside a pin, no cracking or looseness. I'd swap them for a set of 34mm carbs from a VJ22 or RS250 (i.e. two air solenoid inputs, not the VJ21 with just the main air solenoid input).

Have you looked at the kits? There is one which just replaces the centre blade with a 'no pin' version (i.e. full billet centre blade).

How are your cables? It's worth inspecting them fully, off the bike. If they brake a strand, it can get caught up inside the outer and put drag on the motor... that robs power and eventually kills the actuator. Good time to clean and lube them in any case :) In fact if you carbs to swap, I'd even rebuild any damaged cables for you at the same time (any and all of them, throttle, choke, power valve, oil pump, actuator, whatever) for free.

oyster
17th May 2011, 10:41
Yep, just sent an e-mail off to Jase re options. Yes I can fix or replace with bulletproof home made ones
The Trademe ones are RGV 250, good condition.

imdying
17th May 2011, 10:55
Yep, just sent an e-mail off to Jase re options.Nice, post up a piccy of your home made ones if you get a chance, be good to see how a Kiwi handles it.

Any 22 carbs in your stash?

Jase W
19th May 2011, 13:38
Repair/Replacement taken care of.

thanks for the offer imdying, however the only 34mm carbs i have are currently on my RGV, so not too keen on parting with them heh. Where do you get your cable from for making your own? I want to have a crack at making cables but not sure where to get the bits I need from

imdying
19th May 2011, 13:47
There is somewhere local to you do buy them... I think Schrodoco?